starting strength gym
Page 1621 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 62111211521157116111619162016211622162316311671172121212621 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,210 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I'm pretty sure I went into my thoughts on the "God hole" earlier in this thread. In short, humans have evolved to have religious beliefs. Whether they have some truth to them or are totally BS, the fact remains, that shit has been in our brains for many, many generations in some form or another. With more and more people breaking away from religion entirely, they don't seem to understand that it leaves this psychological opening, and they just kinda let other things fill it. For many, because science has explained so many things, they have decided science belongs there. But it doesn't. Putting science in place of God is to the detriment of both science and the human psyche.
    It’s not we evolved anything; it’s hardwired into us. And only humans.

That being said, people may be “breaking away from religion” in the sense of liberal, secular, mainline denominations are dying, some would say by design, traditional groups are growing. Traditional Catholic, Orthodox, and Jewish congregations in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    That being said, people may be “breaking away from religion” in the sense of liberal, secular, mainline denominations are dying, some would say by design, traditional groups are growing. Traditional Catholic, Orthodox, and Jewish congregations in particular.
    Can only speak for the Eastern (Greek) Orthodox part, and in the Tampa Bay area...most of our congregations are NOT growing. Lots of reasons for this, and COVID has exacerbated it. I actually think covid will destroy many individual churches that aren't financially stable. That is not a good thing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If Phillips is involved, things are not as they seem. I wonder what might have been wrong with his immune system.
    Wikipedia implies that he took a lot of juice in his younger years, if I read correctly. Any connection between anabolics and this (immune system, etc)?

I wouldn't care to speculate about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If Phillips is involved, things are not as they seem. I wonder what might have been wrong with his immune system.
    Yes, I would love to hear him explain how getting the jab would have benefited him. It may have made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    It’s not we evolved anything; it’s hardwired into us. And only humans.

I'm not making a commentary on how churches are doing. Religion is definitely NOT the force it once was in American life. In the process of letting go of Jesus, people have replaced him with Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye the Science Guy. Even assuming Jesus is entirely a fictional character, he still is better deserving of that place of reverence than guys like that (or anyone else, come to think of it).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMx210016
    Shiva, does this update effect your analysis on the original study?

For those who ARE religious though, please pray for the people of New York. Cuomo may have been among the worst COVID governors for a while (before sex scandals scared him into hiding), but we now have the absolute worst COVID governor replacing him. This bitch is insane. Our hospitals are already in TERRIBLE shape. My mother just had to go in there the other week, and she came back reporting the place was so damn understaffed they had doctors mopping the floors. Now this lunatic who claims she's on a mission from God is going to axe hundreds of thousands more health care employees, and replace them with...the national fucking guard? We are so fucked.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Some powerful statements here. I'll have to read it tomorrow.