starting strength gym
Page 1655 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 65511551555160516451653165416551656165716651705175521552655 ... LastLast
Results 16,541 to 16,550 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Isn't the whole point of keeping China or Russia from taking control of geopolitics to keep this shit from happening to us? "We must defend our freedoms from foreign countries by surrendering them to our own government". The America I was raised to believe I lived in is dead. I'm not sure it ever even really lived, at least in my lifetime.
    I think we are all coming to the conclusion that in most probably (every 1st world) country, nothing ever was what it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    These things are Idiots, fools and stupidity!
    I hear you.

One of the most maddening and irritating phenomena I've seen in the past several years is the unbearable arrogance of people who think, because of their degrees and/or the circles they socialize within, that they are in a position to condescend to others. This started when Trump announced his candidacy - to this day, Trump supporters are derided by the media and by many people as illiterate, uneducated, and ignorant.

This has morphed into a shameless derision towards those who don't believe that these experimental treatments are safe and effective. They think people who are skeptical of these "vaccines" are ignorant and aren't following the science. Yet so many non-scientists (such as people who write the articles that posters here have linked) have done enough of their own legwork to find that the statistics just don't show the "vaccines" to be safe (they aren't; thousands have died and thousands have suffered crippling injuries). These "vaccines" don't even prevent a vaccinated person from contracting the virus, so why should the unvaccinated have to make a decision to protect the vaccinated if the vaccinated are by definition protected?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    From the article:
    Love Bionic Mosquito, love lewrockwell's website. Been reading it for years. Coach Rip: Lewrockwell has articles by Thomas Sowell. If you haven't, take a look at them (it's not about Covid, but the man is a genius, and I think you'll like him).

I agree, btw, with the article you quoted. Intelligence is good, but many otherwise intelligence people are not reasonable. They think they are reasonable because they are intelligent, but a lot of intelligent people are not intellectually curious, do not think critically, and are unwilling to even consider they may not have all the facts. The author wrote, "Under mass formation, people become ‘radically intolerant of dissonant voices’..." and this is true - they THINK they know the facts and thus they consider dissonant voices the voices of the stupid, the uneducated, the clueless.

This is why Bionic Mosquito also wrote "I think they will also want to kill those who, all along, have been telling them that the narrative is bogus – that they lived a deadly lie. They won’t want to be reminded of this, and every time they see you – even if you never say “I told you so” – you will be a reminder to them of this." This only highlights the profound arrogance of the intelligent yet brainwashed: their egos will tear asunder when they look at the faces of people whom they viewed as their intellectual (and likely moral) inferiors for years and who nonetheless turned out to be right while the "smart people" were wrong all along. They just won't be able to stomach it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Although I disagree completely with operation warp speed, I think I can understand his ultimate aim with it. Trump as president was often laser focused on the nation's economy and our position in international trade. These two areas saw a marked improvement under his presidency before the virus hit. The fact was, people were scared of this thing and BEGGING for lockdowns. He probably reasoned that shit was going to cause big economic problems the longer it went on. Since he couldn't just prevent lockdowns via executive fiat, he had to make people not afraid somehow. Available vaccines for COVID did that. We saw, even if it was for a time, the hysteria kind of went away after the vaccines became available. The masks came off, and people started living again for a while (before the vaccines showed their weak long term efficacy and spectres of nasty adverse effects started to rise). Of course, the manufacturers made sure to not mention anything about them until after the election results, so Trump could not take any credit for having actually "done something" about COVID, which is another thing I'm sure he was hoping to be able to do. I don't think he ever had any notion to mandate the damned things through any means, though.
    For the past couple of years I tried justifying his actions to myself with the same logic. And while I also think he would not have mandated these things, his promotions of the vaccines lately is rather suspect. And if he does not come out against them for the youth, I am compelled to think that this man was not the man I admired for the past 5 years.
    It is interesting how Trump was always anti vaccine at least regarding the flu vaccine. And he did state last year that he was not going to get this vaccine especially since he has recovered. A while back judge Judy insinuated while interviewing him that he got the vaccine and Trump was silent and changed the topic. It is a recent development that for some reason Trump is promoting these vaccines and has stated publicly that he got them. And while it could be that he is playing the safe game for the mid terms, I still find this type of action out of character for him. To me it's rather suspect.

This is why quarantine for all won over protection for the vulnerable. It solved anti-discrimination (fairness) and failed science and common sense.

Two contradictory ideologies, exactly like the issues with gender and sports.

Oops….

For the past couple of years I tried justifying his actions to myself with the same logic. And while I also think he would not have mandated these things, his promotions of the vaccines lately is rather suspect. And if he does not come out against them for the youth, I am compelled to think that this man was not the man I admired for the past 5 years.
    It is interesting how Trump was always anti vaccine at least regarding the flu vaccine. And he did state last year that he was not going to get this vaccine especially since he has recovered. A while back judge Judy insinuated while interviewing him that he got the vaccine and Trump was silent and changed the topic. It is a recent development that for some reason Trump is promoting these vaccines and has stated publicly that he got them. And while it could be that he is playing the safe game for the mid terms, I still find this type of action out of character for him. To me it's rather suspect.
    I think he married himself to the idea that they were a big success of his. As for lying about getting it potentially, I don't know. He is so blacked out I really never even hear about anything he says anymore. Maybe someone like Klaus Schwab finally got the right leverage on him.

Americans still surprise me everyday in the best of ways.

Unhappy with prices, ranchers look to build own meat plants

Le Bon and Bestiat have long been favorites of mine.

I think we are all coming to the conclusion that in most probably (every 1st world) country, nothing ever was what it seemed.
    It has always been like this behind the scenes, but for a brief time, say 1950-2008, the thieves running the show allowed people to work and make money and shit. This is kind of the problem, because in the brief interlude in which people were allowed to make money, they made so much money that the thieves and tyrants can use it to destroy normal society for a very long time. They have been doing that for 14 years now, with Covid being just the extreme manifestation.

starting strength coach development program
    This is the latest from New south wales, which is the largest state in Australia. Just for laughs it is run by the "conservative" party, as is our federal government.

Rules for people who are not fully vaccinated | NSW Government

I'm going to avoid my own opinions for legal protections and quote directly from the website, because if I said it, you wouldn't believe me.

"If you are over the age of 16 years and are not fully vaccinated you cannot visit another person’s place of residence, except in limited circumstances. "

"If you are not fully vaccinated you can participate in a gathering for sport or exercise with one other person or with your household."

"If you are not fully vaccinated you cannot visit a gym or indoor recreation facility."

"If you are not fully vaccinated you cannot visit a recreation facility. "

"If you are not fully vaccinated you cannot visit a public swimming pool, either indoor or outdoor. "

"If you are not fully vaccinated you can gather with one other person or with your household."

"if you are not fully vaccinated you cannot attend an outdoor event. "