starting strength gym
Page 166 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 661161561641651661671681762162666661166 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Entirely plausible for Sweden. An updated set of numbers would be 114, 96, 106, 77, 17, 12, 20, 114. Is it increasing, or basically flat for 8 days? I don't know, but it doesn't look like exponential growth.
    Just to be clear on those Swedish figures, you refer to the *reported* deaths of COVID19 not the *daily* deaths caused by COVID19 in Sweden.
    The reported deaths provided don't necessarily mean they all died yesterday. It could be from days or weeks ago.
    Each reported death of COVID19 is allocated to the actual calendar day the individual died. This data can be found on the Swedish Government website

Go to:
    Experience

Click the enlarge button on the graph "Tidsserie: Sjukdomsfall per dag"
    Within the graph screen click the option the Avlidna / Dag (Translate: Deaths / day)

As you can see it looks like up until today that Sweden had it's peak on 08/04/20.

He means April 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    So you’re saying you were wrong about the daily death rates, right?
    You are a goddamn idiot, and a fool. And a coward, and a poser.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Came across this article today. The police are now treating working out in a gym as a crime. People are telling police they are just cleaning a gym instead of working out in order to avoid being arrested or fined. A few weeks ago this would seem like it was taken from a fictional sequel to Orwell's 1984, now it's a real news article. How crazy is this?

Coronavirus: Was Elmhurst Gym Open? | Elmhurst, IL Patch
    This shit makes my blood boil. When this shit ends, and it will soon, anything short of these bureaucrats making an apology and coating themselves with tar and feathers publicly will leave me unimpressed and further agitated.

6th time of asking:

In which State do you live Lazygun?

A reminder of the definition of Cowardice, Oxford English Dictionary:

“A person who is not brave or who does not have the courage to do things that other people do not think are especially difficult“.

Ah, ok. So your new strategy is to just deflect and hope no one notices that you're an inconsistent hypocrite.

Got it.

Just a thought I had this morning:

If one wanted to organize a march on Washington to peacefully protest how things are being handled, does anyone believe it would be allowed? Is there even a right to peacefully assemble anymore?

I always hear 2nd Amendment advocates talking about guns, pry bars, and cold dead hands. I hear civil liberties groups talking about bathroom usage, proper pronoun use, and other unimportant nonsense. However, I do believe a fundamental right was stripped from us without so much as a whimper from a single civil liberties groups.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
    Just to be clear on those Swedish figures, you refer to the *reported* deaths of COVID19 not the *daily* deaths caused by COVID19 in Sweden.
    The reported deaths provided don't necessarily mean they all died yesterday. It could be from days or weeks ago.
    Each reported death of COVID19 is allocated to the actual calendar day the individual died. This data can be found on the Swedish Government website

Go to:
    Experience

Click the enlarge button on the graph "Tidsserie: Sjukdomsfall per dag"
    Within the graph screen click the option the Avlidna / Dag (Translate: Deaths / day)

As you can see it looks like up until today that Sweden had it's peak on 08/04/20.
    I can't tell if you're joking, or if you're a Lazytroll37 sock puppet, or if you're serious.

The numbers I posted come from the WHO Sitreps. They are labeled "Total new deaths". They offer the following caveat for cases: "Due to differences in reporting methods, retrospective data consolidation, and reporting delays, the number of new cases may not always reflect the exact difference between yesterday’s and today’s totals. WHO COVID-19 Situation Reports present official counts of confirmed COVID-19 cases, thus differences between WHO reports and other sources of COVID-19 data using different inclusion criteria and different data cutoff times are to be expected."

Interestingly, I did exactly as you suggested and clicked on the link you provided. When I did, the peak of the Tidsserie: Avlidna per dag chart was 4/7/20 at 90. This is obviously quite different from 114 and thus invalidates the entire premise that Sweden has not locked everything down but is not experiencing exponential growth in their death rates.

I'm glad that we've gotten these terribly important clarifications out of the way.

In a recent study, about a quarter of patients given a high dose of chloroquine died as a result of heart failure (none in the lower dose group died).

From the nytimes piece:

Roughly half the study participants were given a dose of 450 milligrams of chloroquine twice daily for five days, while the rest were prescribed a higher dose of 600 milligrams for 10 days. Within three days, researchers started noticing heart arrhythmias in patients taking the higher dose. By the sixth day of treatment, 11 patients had died, leading to an immediate end to the high-dose segment of the trial.
    This doesn't mean that chloroquine can't play a role in battling this virus. It just illustrates why we need proper testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Interestingly, I did exactly as you suggested and clicked on the link you provided. When I did, the peak of the Tidsserie: Avlidna per dag chart was 4/7/20 at 90. This is obviously quite different from 114 and thus invalidates the entire premise that Sweden has not locked everything down but is not experiencing exponential growth in their death rates.

I'm glad that we've gotten these terribly important clarifications out of the way.
    But it does really seem pretty important. Sweden is an interesting case study, since it didn't enforce any strict quarantine measures yet, nor is it as heavy on tracking and isolation as the Asian countries with limited lockdowns, so the number of casualties is a good data point. I'm pretty interested to find out what the reasons for these discrepancies in the Swedish figures are. Japan and Russia should also provide some good intel in the coming weeks, they are expecting surges. The Japanese health ministry said it is expecting 400.000 deaths without strict measures, and they have been relatively mild with locking everything down up until recently. Let's see how the numbers turn out. I'm sure there are dudes fighting on their forums too. Also, I don't get why you guys are so upset with lazy, it's good to have a dissenting view when you are debating things. For instance, I wouldn't have noticed this Swedish thing if you guys didn't go at it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Just a thought I had this morning:

If one wanted to organize a march on Washington to peacefully protest how things are being handled, does anyone believe it would be allowed? Is there even a right to peacefully assemble anymore?

I always hear 2nd Amendment advocates talking about guns, pry bars, and cold dead hands. I hear civil liberties groups talking about bathroom usage, proper pronoun use, and other unimportant nonsense. However, I do believe a fundamental right was stripped from us without so much as a whimper from a single civil liberties groups.
    Michigan did car protesting today. Sounds like some people are also filing suits against Gov. Whitmer. Hopefully more of this will follow in the coming weeks.

YouTube