starting strength gym
Page 1664 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 66411641564161416541662166316641665166616741714176421642664 ... LastLast
Results 16,631 to 16,640 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Do NOT use the words they shove down our throat.
    This is something that needs to be understood. However much we think leftists are ignorant, stupid, and even delusional and crazy, many of them are extremely clever; they know exactly what they are doing by using terminology which is very strange to an unaware individual, and this is done deliberately because the ultimate objective of leftists is to turn their benighted ideas into law and reality, and tragically, they've had successes.

An example of this is "racism." Historically, we were taught that racism was to view a person of another race as inferior or with hatred, contempt, derision, or any other such negative attitude simply because of that person's race/ethnicity. The left however has redefined racism to mean "prejudice + power," and this is why leftists repeatedly state that blacks cannot be racist.

Now, before I go on, I'd like to clarify I am not hateful towards blacks. I have in fact quoted Thomas Sowell, a man in his 90s who is a genius - an economist, a philosopher, a writer, a historian. I have more than 10 of the books he has written and hope to read them all between now and my retirement. Sowell dismantles and destroys many of the left's arguments; many blacks who are today conservative learned from him.

Sowell has pointed out that leftists have redefined such words to advance their causes. When it comes to "racism" and the left's claim that blacks cannot be racist because America was a historically majority white country and whites held the positions of power, it was not possible for a black person to be racist towards a white person. Never mind that there's been a black man in the White House for 2 terms; never mind that there have been black SCOTUS justices; never mind the fact there have been and are black governors, senators, congresspersons, and mayors.

Sowell easily destroys this argument by saying that if racism cannot exist if a said individual or people group does not have power, then the Ku Klux Klan today is not racist because it has nowhere the political clout and power and influence it had in the early 1900s. And a danger of this is that people who belong to the said group that can't be guilty of a given vice because of an innate and unchangeable characteristic (skin color) become extremely irresponsible.

Please watch:

Listen to what the black man says at 0:45.

Now imagine if this was a white man treating the said NYPD officer of Asian ethnicity this way...

Other words the left distorts are "greed" and "greedy" - if a voter resists proposed laws that will increase his taxes to benefit the poor, then that voter is "greedy" and guilty of "greed" - even if that voter's annual income is barely over the poverty line.

There's also "equality." The American system was built on equality before the law, but leftists now want equality of outcome - never mind innate differences in ability, talent, intellect, and so forth. Even in strength training we see equality is impossible!... a young man at 25 may do Starting Strength and then progress into the Texas Method and be personally coached by Coach Rip to the finest detail re: rest, food, and nutrition for 5 years, and while he'll definitely make outstanding progress, another young man blessed with better genetics who undergoes the same training and coaching will make better progress and at the end of the same 5 years, the latter young man will squat, bench, press, deadlift, and power clean more than the said first man.

Was there bigotry or discrimination by the part of Coach Rip or any other such problem? No - no two lifters will have identical results even if they are given literally equal circumstances and conditions.

Leftists also use the word "privilege..." white privilege, male privilege, the privilege of being born to a rich or well-off family or having both parents, etc. While it's true many people are born into very difficult lives, do those who were born into better conditions have an obligation to "compensate" for those who come from humbler backgrounds? And what about moral agency and personal responsibility? There have been stories of people born into poverty who made it big in this world, while I've personally met people born into lives where nothing was lacking and whose parents provided them with great lives in safe towns endowed with excellent schools.... and these people flunked their way through high school, didn't get a college degree, and lived unproductive and unenviable lives. Does privilege always help?

Leftists are manipulators, and few things are as powerful when it comes to manipulation than language, because words have enormous power - the power to make one feel. When a leftist has you feeling, he has won, because the moment you start feeling, you're no longer thinking. And leftists know this because they love to gulit-trip non-leftists into doing what leftists want. When they can't or won't deliberately use such words, they'll use vagueness - "this is not who we are." What a load of crap! Who are we? Since when is "we," the American people, a unified monolith? Even in 1960, when America was still about 90% white, a random white person from Los Angeles was culturally distinct from a random white person from Boston. Replace these cities with "rural Wyoming" or "central Wisconsin" or "a small town in Vermont right across the border with Quebec province." There was of course a shared, common American identity, but the vastness of America has always meant there was considerable cultural heterogeneity.

"That's not who we are?" - nonsense. It is yet more manipulation; it is guilt-tripping, and it is intentionally phrased in a vague way which makes the listener guess as to what is meant and it almost always results in the listener feeing obligated to morally defend his position as that phrase implies that any position which evokes a "that's not who we are response" is a morally/ethically deficient one.

Through experience, I've confronted people who do these things with the bluntest of terms short of direct animosity and profanity. I call them out for what they are, I cite hard, irrefutable facts and statistics, and I don't budge.

They stopped talking to me. They are not stupid enough to fail to see when someone can see through their bullcrap. And when that happens, they move onto someone more unsuspecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbellian View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. Please specify what "various forms of malpractice" you refer to and also please explain what you mean by "the social and medical system have been turned upside down" and how that would get otherwise healthy teenagers dead.
    Preventable health conditions left untreated will easily kill a lot of people of all ages - diabetes, heart conditions, cancer, all of those listed in your post, but also mental health issues which will easily lead young people to let's say non-violent suicide. This is not terribly surprising, anyone with any sense saw it coming very early on. Vaccines do play their role for sure, but seeing Dad being a whiny bitch for 18 months and making you wear a mask when relatives visit is also a death sentence to many. This is just a gut feeling, we will need a decade worth of data to be able to come up with anything resembling a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    And inspiring. The suit should be massively punitive.
    Again, this is an interesting take. Most here appear to prefer some form of libertarianism. Surely under that type of model a pharmacist is business and can refuse to fill any treatment for any reason. Other examples, should a pharmacist be able to refuse to provide hormones for sex change if they are morally opposed.

Even under more left wing models, surely it is the pharmacists duty to not fill any prescription they believe to be harmful (first do no harm) as a medical professional?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Preventable health conditions left untreated will easily kill a lot of people of all ages - diabetes, heart conditions, cancer, all of those listed in your post, but also mental health issues which will easily lead young people to let's say non-violent suicide. This is not terribly surprising, anyone with any sense saw it coming very early on. Vaccines do play their role for sure, but seeing Dad being a whiny bitch for 18 months and making you wear a mask when relatives visit is also a death sentence to many. This is just a gut feeling, we will need a decade worth of data to be able to come up with anything resembling a good argument.
    My disagreement with you is that this post relies on the assumption that young people (such as those in England, Germany, the Netherlands, and even the U.S. all or mostly all had those conditions, but heart conditions which could lead to death is extremely rare and uncommon among teens and likewise uncommon among young adults.

I appreciate you saying it's a gut feeling, and I agree that 10 years' worth of data is necessary. Too bad that the makers of the experimental treatment rushed it when history shows it takes up to 10 years to create a safe vaccine.

I also refer you to a post I put up days ago. It's a screenshot of known possible side effects. Death is one of them.

The FDA knew this as far as literally one year ago. They never said anything and the experimental treatments were touted as "safe" and "effective."

Thanks for the kind words. Please specify what "various forms of malpractice" you refer to and also please explain what you mean by "the social and medical system have been turned upside down" and how that would get otherwise healthy teenagers dead.
    Just for an example:
    There are many accounts of basic cases of pnumonia not being treated properly or on time simply because of a sensitive worthless PCR test.
    I have a close friend who took his first dose of moderna and 4 hours later his heart started to go crazy. He went to the hospital and they tried to dissuade him from his position, saying it was just anxiety. Until he finally forced them to do tests. Immediately after the tests revealed something serious happening, they put him on heart meds to settle his heart down.
    A week later, he came down with pnumonia. The hospital put him on antibiotics which were working to settle the issue. The doctor then decided to do a PCR test and low and behold it came out positive.
    The doctor then said to him, "you have covid pnumonia and we can't continue with this current treatment. We have to move you to an isolated ward and a different protocol will be applied." Which basically was no treatment unless his condition gets worse.
    Thank God he made it out of there alive and went to a real doctor that treated him properly.
    Because of this malfeasance of this Canadian hospital, a basic case of pnumonia turned into two and a half months of difficult recovery for him, which till this day he still is suffering from.
    He will be documenting his full experience for me, which when you here all the details of, your hair will stand in shock.
    I also have a close friend who is a doctor who is considering leaving his position simply because his hands are being tied from treating patients because his approach contradicts protocol.

My only disagreement with your post, which I largely agree with, is that they do not even deserve the term "immigrant."

Immigration, an immigrant... the movement of people groups from one country to another have been a hallmark of the history of humanity for millennia. It is in the modern era, with the advent of formal state governments, the codification of rules, and criteria being defined as to who is and who is not allowed in, that the concept of legality became part of discourse and practice.

There are millions of people in this country who were born abroad. Many (although not all) love America for what it was, what it promised and offered, and what it is, despite all the leftist garbage (CRT/kneeling/"defund the police") that has corrupted so much of this awesome and wonderful country. These whom I refer to at the very least entered by paying every fee, filling out every required form correctly and truthfully, obeying every requirement and fulfilling every law, and waiting the corresponding period of time.

This type of foreigner who enters the U.S. through the system, with the system knowing and authorizing it - that's an immigrant.

Fiston Ngoy and all the people who have surged the border since January 20 (to borrow Biden's words from a debate - numbers which have broken records, overwhelmed Border Patrol, and demoralized Border Patrol officers).... these are not illegal immigrants.

These are illegal aliens who must be summarily arrested and deported from this country.
    The movement of people using their feet (or employing hooves or sails) is indeed the hallmark of history. This is true. Usually it was described as invasion and replacement.

However, this situation, our situation, engineered by elites for the benefit of a system created by and for the <1% is not normal or natural. It will be for Americans to judge who made their nation, and what they stand for, and what follows. America is an experiment in liberal thought, and you like it that way. I do too.

Don't get it twisted up, though. Mass immigration is not something designed to benefit you, or me, or the MASS migrant themselves. They are reducing all of us down to MASS Man. Mere economic units of production and consumption. America and its people were great not because of this kind of cold, hard efficiency.

In America, demographic change has happened - more than 30 years ago. I understand now why people here have just looked at me askew when I talk about it, because it's no longer really a relevant topic there. You simply desire rule-abiding demographic replacements, rather the than illegal, fence-hopping variety. All I will ask, assuming you're of European stock, is when your people are a minority in America - will you expect the same kind of Affirmative Action opportunities from an anti-white establishment which, currently, paints you as the villain in your nation's timeline?

In addition, this is the most perfectly formed representation of America today. "This is how America will be remembered": https://twitter.com/yanniversace/sta...60697840455682

BoomerCons will politely request this reimagining of "America" only happens legally, and with the proper paperwork in place. Think back to your English Puritan family settling and claiming your nation in the name of God, and now, this. JFC. At least you guys can cosplay Mel Gibson in The Patriot with your M4's and your NV while it happens, slowly, over the next three generations while we sit here twiddling our Swiss Army Knives (non-locking blades, less than 3" length)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

the distribution curve is always in the shape of a middle finger
    Either extraordinarily well played or an ironic coincidence.

starting strength coach development program
    They stopped talking to me. They are not stupid enough to fail to see when someone can see through their bullcrap. And when that happens, they move onto someone more unsuspecting.
    That's a wonderful post, all completely true. And that last part is the important part. People generally don't think about these things, because slogans are more effective. Persuasion is not about facts and logic, that's the Scott Adams school of thought. It's useful, but not effective.
    A 1 hour Thomas Sowell speech is useless compared to a vapid self righteous slogan that hits at people's group identity.

As far as I am aware, the only singular person who came close to being effective when ridiculing leftists (ridicule being the only effective tactic against leftism because it stops crowds from following people) was Milo Yiannopoulos because he combined wisdom with entertainment in one package, while being a living repudiation of identity politics. He refuted leftism on 3 levels at once. He was outwardly flamboyant, and was only too happy to play the victim card about being molested and how it turned him gay. Pretty much rocketing him to the top of the victim hierarchy, as well as being quick to point out at every opportunity that his husband was black, making raycism claims look silly.
    But more than that, there's tons of examples of him on talk show panels etc being presented with leftist talking points and utterly demolishing them because his answers worked on 2 levels. Generally most leftists only operate on 1 level. Either they have the illusion of educational background and quote "research" on the subject. OR they devolve into emotional appeals of reason and victimhood, wrong pronouns are violence etc.

Milo's answers would refute both, you'd end up with a scenario similar to this:

Some leftist would make a claim about slavery and how evil whites are for it and Milo would respond

"Slavery was ended by the british parliament passing the act of 1848 of whenever, and the moral impetus was provided by the church, specifically the quakers, and the force was applied by the west africa squadron who forced these western values on the arab world and ended slavery worldwide. But I wouldn't expect someone who wears those hideous earrings to understand that" and the audience would laugh.

There is no response to that, because A) it provides a factual debunk of the claim and B) ridicules the person at the same time. There's few people that can, on the fly, respond to both at once.

But fortunately we don't have to worry about Milo any more because it's more important to not offend mainstream conservative sensibilities than be effective. Milo was a grenade, one of the only effective weapons, and "the right" stopped using him because he was loud when he went off.