starting strength gym
Page 1681 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 68111811581163116711679168016811682168316911731178121812681 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,810 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The thing I like best about the Biden Administration is the great strides we have made in race relations:

Rutgers Professor on White People: “We Gotta Take These MF’ers Out!” – Summit News

Note the doctor's statement at 1:10.
    She's accusing a group of people who are currently the biggest push-overs on the planet of being pathologically dominant, and a lot of the dumb fucks will actually hang their heads in shame and believe it. As long as white people remain culturally and politically suicidal, she has no need for taking anyone out. They'll do it themselves.

Meanwhile, the ritual humiliation continues:

Government is considering payments of $450,000 per person affected by Trump administration’s zero-tolerance policy in 2018 for asylum seekers illegally crossing border.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Answer to strawman - yes. This is not computer programming. The pharmacist should pick up the phone and sort it out with the doctor instead of shilling for snarky interns at the FDA. They could argue about the anti-viral on the phone, and whether ivermectin is more like hemlock, heroin, or aspirin. That shouldn't take long. I bet the MD could understand the label enough be an equal party in the conversation. Can not pharmacists act as consultants to the MDs?

Given the refusal, why wouldn't the MD sue the pharmacist for putting one of his patients at risk? Is the MD supposed to shrug his shoulders and tell his hospitalized patient, "sorry, I tried"?

And do pharmacists have medical malpractice insurance?
    OK, so your preferred model is that a Dr is the authority. The Pharmacist can question the authority, but ultimately must comply. I prefer that the Pharmacist and Dr are equal parties and must agree, which leave the patient having to 'shop' for a pharmacist to fill the prescription (which they did to find a Dr to give the prescription). This is potentially less efficient in the small number of disagreements but maintains what I view as the necessary ethical freedoms for all parties. As I understand it, different US states have landed on different positions on this.

Ultimately, this whole thread is about ethics, and I don't like ethical freedoms being reduced for the sake of efficiency. I don't particularly agree with mandatory compliance models and like them limited as much as possible i.e. to those functions that are required to preserve rights. There are numerous examples in this thread where people should not act on orders from their trained and qualified superiors e.g. police, legal/constitutional challenges to political decisions etc. At some point there is a right to say no.

And now..... The SUPER COLD!!!

'''Super cold''': Thousands across UK come down with '''worst cold ever''' - NZ Herald

"Day eight I think of super cold. Losing track of time. Grim as hell,"

"According to the UK's ZOE Covid Symptom Study, there has been increasing crossover in symptoms between Covid-19 and the cold."

"Many of the symptoms of Covid-19 are now the same as a regular cold, especially for people who have received two doses of the vaccine, making it hard to tell the difference."

"Experts have said it's likely due to weakened immune systems after nearly two years of lockdowns and social distancing."

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    This was a good read. I Have Been Through This Before
    On gurus, bullshit, and their crushing effects.
    Excellent. Tough to read as there is a lesson for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Speaking of that, I have been looking into degoogled platforms for my phone. As well as detaching myself from any google dependability. (Yes I am aware I just sent you guys links from YouTube. It is a process in work)
    I have found this guy pretty informative.
    Android without Google? How is that Possible? - YouTube

And for some more secure platforms these seem interesting.
    CalyxOS Review: The Private & Secure Android ROM For Everyone! - YouTube

GrapheneOS Review: Your BEST Secure & Private Mobile OS! - YouTube
    Jovan, if I remember correctly your a Linux guy. If you have thoughts on this it would be appreciated.
    I have never used alternative roms, but I guess it is a similar thing to using Linux on the PC. In case you don’t need proprietary applications like Photoshop or MS Office or video games, Linux works fine. I guess these non google roms are like that, if you can not use the heavy Big Tech apps which are only distributed through the Play store, you should hardly notice a difference. But like, I’m an iPhone user, so I really can’t say for sure haha

Chris Masterjohn, PhD
    Telegram: Contact @chrismasterjohnphd
    It’s interesting to think about how the anti-globalist movement has changed since 1999.

In 1999, there was broad grassroots support allying the biggest labor unions with the biggest environmental groups, with libertarians, Naderites, Pat Buchanan conservatives, and anarchists.

The 1999 protests against the World Trade Organization were so huge, and were based on such an extensive grassroots coalition, that many people thought the movement would make the Vietnam War protests look like child’s play.

In particular, the alliance between Greenpeace and the AFL-CIO was incomprehensible before then, as labor unions and environmentalists are usually at loggerheads.

Then, 9/11 happened.

The protests disappeared.

Everyone lived in fear.

The beginning of the end of equality before the law began, starting with “suspected terrorists.”

The massive surveillance state was constructed in secret, all in the name of countering terrorism.

Then Obama took office and the militarization of federal agencies began in earnest.

Public health was used to justify armed raids against the people at the margins of health that most people didn’t know about.

Armed raids against raw food coops.

Confiscation and destruction of milk.

It got so bad numerous towns declared food sovereignty.

That is, they wrote declarations of independence from all federal regulation of food production.

David Gumpert wrote a book about this, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Food Rights.

In the name of fighting infectious disease, the USDA established the National Animal Identification System, which would require all farm animals to be tagged with radiofrequency ID.

During swine flu, Massachusetts passed forced quarantining laws.

Verachip made implantable microchips that could detect swine flu infection or vaccination.

Farmers fought back over NAIS.

Food sovereignty fought back the armed raids.

Swine flu wasn’t deadly enough for anyone to want to get chipped.

So they rolled back their attack.

Then we spent four years talking about nothing but Trump.

Then something much scarier than swine flu hit.

This was 9/11, but infectious. It allowed regular people to be treated with the suspicion of “suspected terrorists.”

The surveillance state built in response to 9/11 could now be expanded to contact tracing.

It could now be integrated with the censorship powers of Big Tech.

In 1999, the globalist plan that had the AFL-CIO, Greenpeace, Naderites, Buchananites, libertarians, and anarchists cooperating was trade agreements that privileged transnational corporations over everyone else.

Now the globalist plan is “by 2030, you’ll own nothing and be happy.”

The stakes are insanely higher, but where is the coalition?

The next stop after COVID is ESG. Environmentally sustainable growth.

The environmentalists are on the side of the globalists now.

The unions can’t even agree on whether to support the right of their own workers to go to work regardless of what injections they have taken, because they have us looking upon each other with such suspicion and such fear.

In 1999, the anti-globalist movement had such credibility that it was on the news every night for a year. Even 60 Minutes did a special on the anarchoprimitivists who participated in the movement.

Now, if you mention the globalists, you are a “conspiracy theorist.”

In essence, they took twenty years to figure out how to destroy the coalition, destroy the credibility of anyone who criticizes them, and then go in for the kill.

It’s time to reawaken the coalition.
    t.me/chrismasterjohnphd
    /89

Could it be that the whole fixation on animal testing by the MSM lately, is being used as a deflection tactic to stop people from thinking about the fact that governments are using and forcing people's children to be used as experiments?

INSANITY: FDA PANEL VOTES 17-0 TO APPROVE VACCINES FOR CHILDREN AGES 5-11 “We’re never gonna learn about how safe the vaccine is until we start giving it. That’s the way it goes.”

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks, Gilead. These were very helpful, and very timely.

I just bought a used Pixel 3a and de-Googled it. It was a bit of a tedious process. I had to first downgrade to an earlier version of Android, then install Ubuntu Touch. I haven't moved my sim card over to test cellular service, yet. I'll be testing that this weekend. The battery also runs out quickly, but I'm sure that is because it's an older used phone. However, it has more than enough apps for someone who avoids the latest apps, anyway. If this works out, I'll probably end up getting a new pixel 3a xl.