starting strength gym
Page 1703 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 70312031603165316931701170217031704170517131753180322032703 ... LastLast
Results 17,021 to 17,030 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    New Pfizer antiviral and ivermectin, a pharmacodynamic analysis.
    Interesting video - YouTube
    In other words, an on patent anti viral using one of Ivermectins many mechanisms of action and not as effective either. Ivermectin is about 6 cents a tablet. If comparing this drug with remdesevir or Merck's new drug it will probably be priced in the vicinity of $700 a treatment, possibly more. Pfi$ermectin.
    New Pfizer antiviral and ivermectin, a pharmacodynamic analysis:

New Pfizer antiviral, PF-07321332, C₂₃H₃₂F₃N₅O₄

PF-07321332 is designed to block the activity of the SARS-CoV-2-3CL protease,

Pfizer’s Novel COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Treatment Candidate Reduced Risk of Hospitalization or Death by 89% in Interim Analysis of Phase 2/3 EPIC-HR Study | Pfizer

So, what is a protease?

So what is a protease inhibitor?

And, what is 3CL?

Chymotrypsin-like protease (3CL main protease, or 3CL Mpro)

Identification of SARS-CoV‑2 3CL Protease Inhibitors by a Quantitative High-Throughput Screening (3rd September 2020)

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsptsci.0c00108#

The activity of the anti-SARS-CoV-2 viral infection was confirmed in 7 of 23 compounds

Microscopic interactions between ivermectin and key human and viral proteins involved in SARS-CoV-2 infection

Microscopic interactions between ivermectin and key human and viral proteins involved in SARS-CoV-2 infection - Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (RSC Publishing) DOI:10.1039/D1CP02967C

the strength and persistency of the interaction between IVE and the binding site of 3CLpro indicate that a partial inhibition of the catalytic activity could have place as the drug interacts with the main subdomains that define the enzyme binding pocket:

Identification of 3-chymotrypsin like protease (3CLPro) inhibitors as potential anti-SARS-CoV-2 agents

Identification of 3-chymotrypsin like protease (3CLPro) inhibitors as potential anti-SARS-CoV-2 agents | Communications Biology

as shown in Fig. 4, out of 13 OTDs only ivermectin completely blocked ( more than 80%) the 3CLpro activity at 50 µM concentration.

Development, validation, and approval of COVID-19 specific drugs takes years. Therefore, the idea of drug repositioning, also known as repurposing, is an important strategy to control the sudden outbreak of life-threatening infectious agents that spread rapidly.

Ilimaquinone (marine sponge metabolite) as a novel inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 key target proteins in comparison with suggested COVID-19 drugs: designing, docking and molecular dynamics simulation study

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/arti.../ra/d0ra06379g

From the docking analysis, ivermectin showed the highest docking score with an average energy of −8.5 kcal mol−1 among all the compounds. Remdesivir showed the lowest binding energy and highest docking score of −9.9 kcal mol−1

https://www.nice.org.uk/bnf-uk-only

Ritonavir, C37H48N6O5S2

Ivermectin, C48H74O14

Exploring the binding efficacy of ivermectin against the key proteins of SARS-CoV-2 pathogenesis: an in silico approach

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7996102/

We have documented an intense binding of both ivermectin B1a and B1b isomer to the main protease with subsequent energy (ETot-) values of -384.56 and -408.6.

PF-07321332 is designed to block the activity of the SARS-CoV-2-3CL protease,

Pfizer’s Novel COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Treatment Candidate Reduced Risk of Hospitalization or Death by 89% in Interim Analysis of Phase 2/3 EPIC-HR Study | Pfizer

Risk of virus developing resistance to PF-07321332

Molecular Docking Reveals Ivermectin and Remdesivir as Potential Repurposed Drugs Against SARS-CoV-2

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...20.592908/full

With SARS-CoV-2 S Spike protein

Ivermectin showed high binding affinity to the viral S protein as well as the human cell surface receptors ACE-2 and TMPRSS2.

In agreement to our findings, ivermectin was found to be docked between the viral spike and the ACE2 receptor

Binding Interactions of Selected Drugs With Human TMPRSS2 Protein (ACE2 protein)

The docking results revealed that ivermectin showed the highest binding affinity to the active site of the protein (MolDock score −174.971) and protein–ligand interactions

Binding Interactions of Selected Drugs With Human ACE-2 Protein

that ivermectin showed the highest binding affinity to the active site of the protein (MolDock score −159.754) and protein–ligand interactions

With SARS-CoV-2 S Glycoprotein

Ivermectin showed the highest binding affinity to the predicted active site of the protein

With SARS-CoV-2 Nsp14 Protein

ivermectin showed the highest binding affinity (MolDock score −212.265) and protein–ligand interactions

Binding Interactions of Selected Drugs With SARS-CoV-2 PLpro

Ivermectin showed the highest binding affinity to the predicted active site of the protein (MolDock score −180.765) and protein–ligand interactions

A brief message to world leaders

Come on ya all

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This little girl is not a Scientist -- she's an anthropologist, the most corrupted of the social sciences, and a "journalist" -- but read this amazing piece and see what has happened: Scientists: don’t feed the doubt machine
    Im surprised she didn’t reference new gender theories. Isn’t that a better example of agnotology?

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    New Pfizer antiviral and ivermectin, a pharmacodynamic analysis.
    Interesting video - YouTube
    In other words, an on patent anti viral using one of Ivermectins many mechanisms of action and not as effective either. Ivermectin is about 6 cents a tablet. If comparing this drug with remdesevir or Merck's new drug it will probably be priced in the vicinity of $700 a treatment, possibly more. Pfi$ermectin.
    Protease inhibition is not ivermectin's primary mechanism of action.

Benjamin Neuman, chief virologist at Texas A&M University's Global Health Research Complex, said ivermectin’s main job is to block ion channels that parasites use to store up positively and negatively charged atoms. SARS-CoV-2 does not have any ion channels like the ones that ivermectin blocks, so there is not an obvious way for ivermectin to work in COVID-19, he said.
    Has ivermectin shown some ability to inhibit protease? Yes, but the action is more general while the Pfizer pill is specific to COVID.

Lab studies indicate that ivermectin might inhibit replication of SARS-CoV-2, but the mechanism is not known and may be more general in nature, said virologist Robert Garry of the Tulane University School of Medicine.

In contrast, PF-07321332 is a molecule that sticks to an important part of the SARS-CoV-2 main protease, which is very important for virus growth, said Neuman. Blocking the main protease essentially stops all the other virus proteins from working, which is why drugs like PF-07321332 have a lot of potential as antiviral therapies, he said.

The Pfizer pill's protease inhibitors are "highly specific," designed to stop replication of the coronavirus, and that makes it quite different from ivermectin, said Garry.
    PolitiFact | Drug Pfizer is studying for COVID-19 not ‘suspiciously similar’ to ivermectin

I don't get your point, JP. Are you saying that ivermectin doesn't work? And how much will the Pfizer pill cost relative to ivermectin?

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Kowalski View Post
    Has ivermectin shown some ability to inhibit protease? Yes, but the action is more general while the Pfizer pill is specific to COVID.
    Thanks for the tip, but I'll wait until it goes off patent. The price is a little too high for me at this stage. Until then I am more than happy to pay 6 cents for a pill that is unequivocally proven to have profound effects against covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't get your point, JP. Are you saying that ivermectin doesn't work? And how much will the Pfizer pill cost relative to ivermectin?
    From the article I posted and others I have read, here's what I've learned:

Ivertmectin's primary mechanism of action was not to be a protease inhibitor but as an ion channel blocker.

Ion channel blocking works on parasites but not viruses.

Ivermectin has the potential to inhibit protease but this seems more of a happy accident.

Ivermectin's protease inhibition capability seems to be general in nature while the Pfizer drug was designed specifically for the COVID virus.

Does ivermectin work against COVID? Possibly. Does the Pfizer drug work better? Pfizer claims it is 89% effective, but this claim has not been reviewed. Is the Pfizer drug more expensive? Substantially more.

I'm not saying ivermectin doesn't work, but if I were to get COVID again (I had it back in March) and my health insurance covered the Pfizer drug I would take it.

Does ivermectin work against COVID? Possibly. Does the Pfizer drug work better? Pfizer claims it is 89% effective, but this claim has not been reviewed. Is the Pfizer drug more expensive? Substantially more.

I'm not saying ivermectin doesn't work, but if I were to get COVID again (I had it back in March) and my health insurance covered the Pfizer drug I would take it.
    Amazing.

I had Covid last month, my fever got bad enough after four days I was spooked enough to take ivermectin. The next morning I felt good enough to lift weights. I pressed 220 lbs for a rep without passing out. I'm not making this up either "not a joke, not a joke", that's just how good I felt after a good nights rest.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Woodruff View Post
    And this bullshit 'freedom' announcement in my home state. I'll be locked away in one of those concentration camps early next year at this rate. Covid updates: Annastacia Palaszczuk reveals new freedoms for vaccinated Queenslanders | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
    It'd sure be a shame if an electrical fault caused a fire in the camp.

Remember that multiple whistleblowers have come out from Pfizer. As in more than one, and multiple scientists freely admit that the research stinks when they give their personal, unfiltered opinion. Combined with the real world data that comically refutes Pfizer's +90% efficacy claim.

Now hold that fact in your mind.

Now what does Pfizer claim about this new drug again?

Brains generate instant rationalizations via cognitive dissonance to maintain continuity with previous ideas, regardless of whether it makes sense.

Now what's your response to those two facts?