COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1715

starting strength gym
Page 1715 of 2238 FirstFirst ... 7151215161516651705171317141715171617171725176518152215 ... LastLast
Results 17,141 to 17,150 of 22371

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #17141
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    Anastasia Palaszczuk : LOCK UP THE UNJABBED - YouTube
    Sound familiar? Sounds like stories my Grandmother would tell me!

    How Near Are Covid-Vaccine Mandates for Children? ⋆ Brownstone Institute

    Whoa! And now The Hill jumps onboard. This is looking like we have a major crack in the wall.
    Senior NIH expert pushes back on growing vaccine mandates | TheHill

    " no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive for the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. It also found no significant difference between infected people with or without symptoms."

    Viral Loads Similar Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated People | UC Davis

  2. #17142
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been silly for 21 months.

    AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
    0-19 99.9973%
    20-29 99.986%
    30-39 99.969%
    40-49 99.918%
    50-59 99.73%
    60-69 99.41%
    70+ 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ 94.5% (all)

    Anything you try to do about such a thing is silly.
    Rip, in your opinion, what level of infection fatality rate would justify the response over the past 21 months?

    5%, 10%, 30%, higher?

  3. #17143
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mark that graph I think originated from Dr. John Ioannidis, it may well be accurate, however it does not account for those who had CV-19 but are still suffering from the long term effects of this disease. You may well survive, but at what cost physically?
    Those numbers are from the US CDC. If you'd like to be afraid of COVID-19, enjoy yourself. But I suspect that you're merely trying to justify the behavior of your government, so that you don't lose your mind.

    Look at the Nazis lined up on the steps, like at a Party rally in 1938. Fascinating, what Australia has become in so short a time.

    Refreshing to see this. I guess the gas gets applied next. Nerve agent, blister agent, or Zyclon B? Which will they use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Supporters of focused protection rightfully argue that resources allocated to the vulnerable groups would have been money more effectively spent than total lockdown.

    I have argued that politicians favored “one size fits all”, not because of uncertainty, medical, or economics, but for the perception of being anti-discriminatory.

    Although I may be the lone voice on this board , and I am mildly ridiculed, I still am confident my point holds up.
    You are obviously correct. This has never been about a virus, as I have said for almost 2 years now. But I don't think you're the "lone voice" on this board who is correct.

  4. #17144
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been silly for 21 months.

    AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
    0-19 99.9973%
    20-29 99.986%
    30-39 99.969%
    40-49 99.918%
    50-59 99.73%
    60-69 99.41%
    70+ 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ 94.5% (all)

    Anything you try to do about such a thing is silly.

    Isn't that just like, literally the survivability rate for life in the USA at this point over 21 months? I feel like if you took those age groups, and spanned them out for 21 months.... that literally, those percentage rates would be the death rate of existing on this planet earth for 21 months for each age group in the USA.... whether that be in 1971-72, 1986-87, 1992-3 ect ect....

    I mean literally, what's so frustrating to me is that THE STATISTICS THAT THEY FLOUT AND PARADE LITERALLY PROVE THAT ITS NOTHING MORE THAN THE NORMAL AND FUNCTIONAL STATISTICAL DEATH RATE OF WESTERN SOCIETY YET I'M STILL GETTING GLARED AT BY FIVE YEAR OLDS WHEN I'M NOT WEARING A MASK IN A SOCIAL SETTING......

    And Drogan dragos russian Guy, America is literally run by meme brain, meaning that, whatever the TV or edgy meme says, 85% of society is going to upload, intake, and operate under that meme until a more reputable and current meme from a source of authority is uploaded into their brain. It's not an exaggeration, it's a terrifying reality here in the west.

  5. #17145
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    " no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive for the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. It also found no significant difference between infected people with or without symptoms."

    Viral Loads Similar Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated People | UC Davis
    Ha:
    A new study from the University of California, Davis, Genome Center, UC San Francisco and the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub shows no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive for the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. It also found no significant difference between infected people with or without symptoms.

    The findings underscore the continuing need for masking and regular testing alongside vaccination, especially in areas of high prevalence, the authors wrote. The study is currently available online as a preprint from MedRxiv.
    Is that what the findings underscore? Journalism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Rip, in your opinion, what level of infection fatality rate would justify the response over the past 21 months?

    5%, 10%, 30%, higher?
    In my opinion, the response over the past 21 months has been so utterly fucked up that nothing justifies it. NOTHING. It was stupid, ineffective, and extremely destructive, and your assumption that a larger IFR would justify it indicates a lack of critical thinking.

  6. #17146
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,811

    Default

    Your federal government in 2021, under the Brandon Administration:

    Biden’s Top Banking Nominee calls to eliminate all ‘Private Bank Accounts’… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

    EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Smugglers Coordinate with National Guard to Ferry Migrants into South Texas

    The Marine Corps is reinventing itself to reflect America, says top general : NPR

    The core of America's strength lies in its diversity, Berger said, adding that the same is true for the military.

    "Our advantage militarily is on top of our shoulders," he said. "It's not actually our equipment. We are better than anybody else, primarily because we don't all think exactly alike. We didn't come from the same backgrounds."
    And here I was thinking that our strength was derived from the fact that we were better than everybody else, not that we were all different. Politicians in uniforms, that is all.

  7. #17147
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbm77 View Post
    Isn't that just like, literally the survivability rate for life in the USA at this point over 21 months? I feel like if you took those age groups, and spanned them out for 21 months.... that literally, those percentage rates would be the death rate of existing on this planet earth for 21 months for each age group in the USA.... whether that be in 1971-72, 1986-87, 1992-3 ect ect....

    I mean literally, what's so frustrating to me is that THE STATISTICS THAT THEY FLOUT AND PARADE LITERALLY PROVE THAT ITS NOTHING MORE THAN THE NORMAL AND FUNCTIONAL STATISTICAL DEATH RATE OF WESTERN SOCIETY YET I'M STILL GETTING GLARED AT BY FIVE YEAR OLDS WHEN I'M NOT WEARING A MASK IN A SOCIAL SETTING......

    And Drogan dragos russian Guy, America is literally run by meme brain, meaning that, whatever the TV or edgy meme says, 85% of society is going to upload, intake, and operate under that meme until a more reputable and current meme from a source of authority is uploaded into their brain. It's not an exaggeration, it's a terrifying reality here in the west.
    A truly new ("novel") virus would have overwhelmed the ICUs on a worldwide level, because ICU capacities have been designed with the current respiratory diseases in mind. Since the dreaded overwhelming never happened, even in many, many countries that never imposed any kind of "mitigation", the only logical conclusion is that we are not dealing with anything new. As you say, until a reputable source can come up with a meme that people will upload to their brains to explain this, I guess we will continue to spin in circles, like with these questions on what level of IFR Rip thinks is a sufficient reason for lockdowns.

  8. #17148
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Those numbers are from the US CDC. If you'd like to be afraid of COVID-19, enjoy yourself. But I suspect that you're merely trying to justify the behavior of your government, so that you don't lose your mind.
    I am am not sure they are the source of this graph.

    Survival rates after contracting COVID | OpentheWord.org

    Stanford study- Covid 19 mortality percentages | TexAgs

    New Covid Pre-print:
    Drs Ioannidis & Axfors at Stanford
    Age Infection Survival Rate
    0-19 99.9973%
    20-29 99.986%
    30-39 99.969%
    40-49 99.918%
    50-59 99.73%
    60-69 99.41%
    70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
    70+ 94.5% (all)

    I could not trace it to the CDC

  9. #17149
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

    The Marine Corps is reinventing itself to reflect America, says top general : NPR



    And here I was thinking that our strength was derived from the fact that we were better than everybody else, not that we were all different. Politicians in uniforms, that is all.
    Shriveled balls. Damn these people. Biden and Berger are abusing my family.

  10. #17150
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Focused protection may have the problems you say but it also has the problem of not being politically correct in the Western world.

    It would “unfairly” discriminate against age, ethnicity and poverty.

    Supporters of focused protection rightfully argue that resources allocated to the vulnerable groups would have been money more effectively spent than total lockdown.

    I have argued that politicians favored “one size fits all”, not because of uncertainty, medical, or economics, but for the perception of being anti-discriminatory.

    Although I may be the lone voice on this board , and I am mildly ridiculed, I still am confident my point holds up.
    The focused protection plan would have revealed that covid and our reactions to it was a ruse.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •