starting strength gym
Page 1725 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 72512251625167517151723172417251726172717351775182522252725 ... LastLast
Results 17,241 to 17,250 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    To the contrary, why didn't we already know this would happen?
    This is extremely discouraging. To see the prosecution openly lie to subvert justice is eye opening. I imagine this happens all over the country with lesser known trials. It seems that any agent of the government is the enemy at this point.

On another note, I have no idea how Rittenhouse is dealing with this. His life hangs in the balance and he is depending on a tainted jury looking at tainted evidence. I can't imagine he's sleeping well.

The FDA is trying to delay, until 2076, full release of the documents Pfizer submitted for vaccine approval. This is in response to a FOIA request by 30 academics.

I am sure the usual characters will say this is industry standard, how it’s always been, etc. But anyone with integrity must look upon this request with disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    The FDA is trying to delay, until 2076, full release of the documents Pfizer submitted for vaccine approval. This is in response to a FOIA request by 30 academics.

I am sure the usual characters will say this is industry standard, how it’s always been, etc. But anyone with integrity must look upon this request with disgust.

This is pretty funny. But as long as the party media withhold it, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    "Covid-19" was cooked up by the Chinese - not as a bioweapon a such, more a political/economic weapon as they understood and pre-empted how our liberal democratic societies would behave. This psy-op has forced the hand of Western central banks, who had hoped they could continue the debt charade for a while longer. The fallout from decades of unearned borrowed wealth will be blamed on Covid-19, the idiotic public will eat it up and the bankers will get away with murder.
    I think it's more likely this was US medical bureaucrats funding gain of function research that was banned in the US in China, which is far less scrupulous, especially when it comes to taking foreign money in exchange for something. COVID is a baby born from America's hubris and China's lack of scruples and due diligence.

Remember how Snowden revealed that the government forced cell phone makers to provide them with "backdoors" to strongly encrypted communications? All completely in secret, without notifying the public? But I'm sure they would never do such a thing with widely distributed vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I think it's more likely this was US medical bureaucrats funding gain of function research that was banned in the US in China, which is far less scrupulous, especially when it comes to taking foreign money in exchange for something. COVID is a baby born from America's hubris and China's lack of scruples and due diligence.
    This may well be. But it doesn't kill anybody who wasn't already dying. Why is this so hard to keep in mind?

AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
    0-19 99.9973%
    20-29 99.986%
    30-39 99.969%
    40-49 99.918%
    50-59 99.73%
    60-69 99.41%
    70+ 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ 94.5% (all)

A brilliant summery of many important questions COVID vaccine debate topics - by Steve Kirsch - Steve Kirsch'''s newsletter

Latest interview with Dr Marik.
    He is banned from using his I MASK protocol and is only allowed to use remdesivir and low dose dexamethasone. This man alone probably has more credentials in both academic and practice than all of the people denying him from using his protocol combined.
    A Talk With Prof. Dr. Paul Marik (11/17/2021) - YouTube

Well worth the listen. It is a beautiful discussion on the philosophy of doctoring and how doctors are being trained not to think and react as a doctor of this trained art. Instead they are being turned into non brain using robots that have to follow protocols without deviation or adaptation. In essence the current standard will destroy the need for human doctor interaction and eventually only a computer algorithm will be needed.
    Dr Marik also updates is on his court proceedings fighting the handcuffing of his ability to treat patients according to his outlook based on much data and 35 years of academic and clinical experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    What's just happened is incredible.

There was never a plausible prosecution case here without provocation. Nobody can see what the prosecution claims the video shows without the crime lab "expert" selecting a still and doing his twenty hours of "enhancements" that he can't explain.

Prosecutors roll out this testifying bullshit to make bogus cases all the time. Armstrong was about to break down on the stand because he absolutely knew he tampered with the evidence and thought he was caught.

First, the jury asked for 11 more copies of the pages of the jury instructions that discuss self-defense (including provocation). Now the jury wants to see the video again, and there's only one possible reason for that: heated disagreement over whether or not the video shows what the prosecution says it shows. They do understand the legal issue here, but aren't aware of the full extent of how much the prosecution has screwed with them.
    After I watched the Prosecutions closing.., I knew this wouldn’t be as clear cut. They did a good job at appealing to emotion… 7 women on the jury…empathy for a 17yo or empathy for 2 killed and 1 injured (they showed his bicep blown off)…? When you watch a video over and over….the “I would've done better” starts to come out in people.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    David long term effects occur with respiratory illnesses and just about any other you can name. It depends on the persons general health at the time they become ill, their age or their living conditions and the treatment if any they get. If you are a smoker your lungs are already comprised, if you are like me and worked in an environment of dust and fumes and potential asbestos (which I had to have 12 monthly lung tests) and you get a repository illness you will suffer long term effects, to say there are no long term effects from a covid infection is just plain nonsense. All it does is perpetuate the idea that covid is a myth. As I said on this forum numerous times I have been in places where tuberculosis is endemic and with this disease which damages the lungs and you get covid your life expectancy or quality of life if you survive is pretty poor.
    1) Nothing you've written here changes the fact that life insurers have not changed their pricing based on COVID mortality, nor have they changed their pricing for COVID survivors, nor do they give COVID survivors substandard ratings. There is much hype about this in the life insurance news media, but that's all it is—hype. I have personally been on these conference calls with insurers where the management is discussing their mortality experience, and it is in line with what they have predicted.

2) You have not addressed any of Fumento's claims, so I can't assume anything other than you have no counterpoints.

3) Being a smoker and breathing dust and fumes your entire life isn't the same as catching a cold virus. Furthermore, if you quit smoking for 12-24 months, almost any life insurance company will re-rate you as a non-smoker, because after 2 years, your mortality risk is comparable to that of a non-smoker. Something to think about... or not.

4) You're co-mingling bad lifestyle habits, and a poor work environment, and a prior infection or co-infection with getting a cold and then assigning all the downstream effects to the cold virus? That is nonsense.

COVID is not a myth. It is a cold virus. It may be a very nasty cold virus for some, and not for others. Either way, people recover from colds all the time, and have done so for as long as there have been circulating cold viruses. A small minority (1-5%) may end up in the hospital because they have some other, unrelated condition or problem, which is exacerbated by the virus or kicks off a bunch of other downstream effects. A smaller fraction of these hospitalized folks will die. It is very upsetting that it happens, but is also "normal" in the sense that people with compromised immune systems or underlying health problems do die more easily than normal, healthy, strong people. This is not news. What is news is people losing their minds over it. As you hinted in your comment above, but refused to state openly, if you cannot recover from a cold virus, it's because you have some other underlying problem. Colds do not linger for months or years on end, and they do not cause a constellation of symptoms unrelated to the cold virus.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    David long term effects occur with respiratory illnesses and just about any other you can name. It depends on the persons general health at the time they become ill, their age or their living conditions and the treatment if any they get. If you are a smoker your lungs are already comprised, if you are like me and worked in an environment of dust and fumes and potential asbestos (which I had to have 12 monthly lung tests) and you get a repository illness you will suffer long term effects, to say there are no long term effects from a covid infection is just plain nonsense. All it does is perpetuate the idea that covid is a myth. As I said on this forum numerous times I have been in places where tuberculosis is endemic and with this disease which damages the lungs and you get covid your life expectancy or quality of life if you survive is pretty poor.
    You started a conversation with the man about how insurers price long Covid. He told you they don’t. Your reply to this is that of course there is a danger of long Covid. You keep trying to get people to accept your beliefs for truth. The actual truth is that you are personally afraid of the virus and have been since this whole thing started. It would be so much easier if you just accepted this, it would allow you to move on. God knows you are not the only one.