starting strength gym
Page 1737 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 73712371637168717271735173617371738173917471787183722372737 ... LastLast
Results 17,361 to 17,370 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    a virologist from a small primarily undergraduate institution in northwest Missouri has to say about what national public policy should be. Folks on this board have first-hand knowledge that this is true. I'm afraid that my influence isn't really bigger than yours.
    I am curious and there’s no ulterior motive here.

As a virologist, what is the most dangerous virus you’ve ever worked with? Was it a BSL 3+ facility?

I assume you have a phD, do you have a link to your dissertation or can you provide the abstract?

Again, I’m not in any way attacking you or trying to expose anything. I did not realize you’re a virologist and I just want to know the credentials of whom I’m speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    "We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination."
    https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1....suppl_1.10712

Real scientists are not mystified at all, only the scientologists are the ones that are mystified!
    Scientists "Mystified" Over Africa's Low Vax Rate and Low COVID Numbers
    This is the guy who wrote that piece on inflammation.

Want to gain muscle? Ditch the protein shake, and do THIS - YouTube

ADF called in to contain NT COVID-19 outbreak - YouTube
    I've heard rumours on the ground that they are force vaccinating the Aboriginals. I haven't been able to confirm it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    This is the guy who wrote that piece on inflammation.

Want to gain muscle? Ditch the protein shake, and do THIS - YouTube
    It's a damn good thing that he's not the only one saying these nasty things about the "vaccinations."

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    You have a professional and ethical responsibility to make sure your colleagues adhere to high standards - whatever you think those are.
    Thanks for stating the obvious. However, the part you left out is that the people making national policy are not my colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I am curious and there’s no ulterior motive here.

As a virologist, what is the most dangerous virus you’ve ever worked with? Was it a BSL 3+ facility?

I assume you have a phD, do you have a link to your dissertation or can you provide the abstract?

Again, I’m not in any way attacking you or trying to expose anything. I did not realize you’re a virologist and I just want to know the credentials of whom I’m speaking.
    I don't have any BSL3+ experience. I've worked with influenza since my postdoc, and HSV2 prior to that. A PubMed search should fill in some of the gaps.

FUREY: More nuance is needed around the kids' vaccine discussion | Toronto Sun
    "On Tuesday evening, Health Canada posted to Twitter that it would take “months” for them to review Pfizer’s submission concerning vaccines for children, ages five to 11.

This came the same day that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control approved the roll-out for that same vaccine in that same age group. Social media being what it is, some people hit the roof, lashing out at Health Canada for that statement.

They wanted the vaccine approved that very second, not a couple of months down the road.

Health Canada later deleted that post and added a clarification, stating: “That was incorrect. The review will take weeks, not months.”

But those who were upset by the first statement shouldn’t mistake this clarification for an endorsement of the view that all kids need to get the vaccine and need to get it as soon as possible.

That’s not what the experts are saying. It’s not even what Pfizer and the U.S. bodies that approved the vaccine are saying.

It’s a much more nuanced discussion. Yet, these nuances haven’t been filtering down to Canadian parents as much as they should be.

While the FDA advisory committee voted 17-0 (with one abstaining) last week to move ahead with the Pfizer kids’ vaccine, there were caveats. The big one was that the committee asked multiple times about being able to instead vote on initially just approving it for high-risk kids.

But the FDA insisted they vote on approving it for all.

“It just seems to me that in some ways, we’re vaccinating children to protect the adults, and it should be the other way around,” said FDA committee member Dr. James Hildreth. “I do believe that children at highest risk do need to be vaccinated. But vaccinating all of the children … that seems a bit much for me.”

Not even Pfizer seems to be pushing for mass vaccination of all kids in the same way some voices on social media demand. In their briefing document to the FDA, Pfizer says “the benefits of the (kids’) vaccine are highly dependent on the incidence of COVID-19.”

Pfizer lays out one scenario — based on where transmission rates were at for June 2021 — where the vaccine actually creates more hospitalizations in kids due to heart issues than it would prevent hospitalizations due to COVID-19.

The challenge with talking about potential side effects in kids is that the number enrolled in Pfizer’s study is quite small. Only 1,518 kids received the shot (with 750 getting the placebo). And yet, what caused Ontario health officials to recommend against young males receiving Moderna was a 1 in 5,000 incidence rate of myocarditis.

It’s perhaps for these reasons and more that, according to Angus Reid Institute, only about half of Canadian parents are eager to see their little ones vaccinated soon after it becomes available. While Health Canada may not be months away from making a determination, that poll showed many parents plan to wait several months until giving it to their kids.

“We need to temper our enthusiasm until we have safety data from a larger group of children. The Pfizer study looked at just over 1,500 kids with a short follow-up period,” wrote Dr. Martha Fulford, a pediatric infectious diseases physician based out of Hamilton, in an email to the Toronto Sun.

“While it is reasonable to consider vaccinating some children early, such as very high-risk children, we need the safety data and longer-term effectiveness data before any generalized recommendation can be made.”

The issue of vaccinating kids is clearly much more complicated than the adult vaccine roll-out.

Let’s hope this gets the widespread acknowledgment it deserves."

And lest we lose sight of just how filthy these bastards in the Brandon Administration are: Hunter Biden'''s Private Equity Firm Facilitated $3.8 Billion Chinese Purchase Of American-Owned Cobalt Mine | ZeroHedge

Normal humans cannot understand just how craven and unconcerned these pieces of shit actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Thanks for stating the obvious. However, the part you left out is that the people making national policy are not my colleagues.
    If more like you speak out this will get to the ears of national policy makers and might eventually create change, due to the swelling demand from others that will eventually muster up some courage because he sees his peers doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    This is pathetic. You're posting on the board of a small-town Texas gym owner who rebuffed easy money and conventional training methods, and instead catalyzed a revolution in physical fitness and culture.
    Shiva, Gee I would hardly call him "small town", his reputation is larger than that. Much bigger than say Narayanapuram.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And lest we lose sight of just how filthy these bastards in the Brandon Administration are: Hunter Biden'''s Private Equity Firm Facilitated $3.8 Billion Chinese Purchase Of American-Owned Cobalt Mine | ZeroHedge

Normal humans cannot understand just how craven and unconcerned these pieces of shit actually are.
    Doubling down on threats to national security.