starting strength gym
Page 174 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 741241641721731741751761842242746741174 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    CrossFit gyms do not reflect the standards of the whole industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is the grandest example of government mismanagement in the history of the human race. Will we learn from it? I don't think so.
    I think this event sets precedent for the next one. A policy based on “better safe than sorry”, which is utterly arbitrary, will be applied to the next one. How can it not be? A 50% event? 10%?

To the idiot who asked the question would you go to a movie. Yes.

I would certainly go to one of the four gyms I was sequentially kicked out of. I’ve trained 3-5 days a week without a gap for at least 6yrs.

I would also send my 19yr old son, who plays Jr. Hockey back to the rink. He has been on his skates 3-7 days a week since age 4. This is his last season of eligibility.

And, I would guess most of the 20,000,000+ people who are out of work would be happy to go back.

To be fair, Corporate Gold’s Gym was a sinking ship before all this shit happened. The holding company tried to sell for a couple of years before giving up and reinvesting in the brand.

As a former employee of Gold’s, all i can say is good riddance.

The critical question: Would they have closed 30 locations had this not happened? I know that the order to close came down from corporate, not in response to local tyranny, so maybe this was just an excuse.

America's little experiment with a planned economy should have been informed by similar experiments throughout history. It wasn't. As of today, 22 million people have lost their jobs, and the lazygun bot and BrunoLawrence LVN will be along shortly to talk about the disease statistics. This is the grandest example of government mismanagement in the history of the human race. Will we learn from it? I don't think so.
    And New York proves conclusively that they have not/cannot/will not learn about economic planning: New York taps McKinsey to develop a '''Trump-proof''' economic reopening plan

New York taps McKinsey to develop a '''Trump-proof''' economic reopening plan[/url]
    Ugh, McKinsey...aren't they already busy enough consulting with companies that want to lay off their employees?

The critical question: Would they have closed 30 locations had this not happened? I know that the order to close came down from corporate, not in response to local tyranny, so maybe this was just an excuse.
    Seems like the perfect opportunity to downsize and trim away some of the poor performers without any bad publicity. I doubt TRT holdings is struggling that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    How is any of this legal?
    It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Well, it did take 170 pages for Godwin's law to fully materialize, which is a good result.
    I think it originally happened around page 100 with a China-Nazi equivalency.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    If you read Illinois Emergency Management Agency Act or the legislation for your state, these actions are “legal” under the act after a disaster declaration is made.
    I wish more people were pissed off about this...
    They are only legal under martial law or if the judiciary is corrupt or politicized enough to ignore the constitution.... Or if people decide they will tolerate it.

Unless something strange has been happening with the reporting, the peak of the crisis that overwhelmed Italy's hospital system appears only a little worse than the 2016 flu season:
    EURO MOMO

I really expected that the Italians etc had a severe delay in their reporting of deaths, but the current week's numbers indicate they were being reported in a timely manner. They were just not as severe as the media response depicted.

Although I originally believed the claims to be greatly exaggerated, I honestly thought we would see more excess mortality than this.

And New York proves conclusively that they have not/cannot/will not learn about economic planning
    To echo my earlier question to Bruno, I keep hearing that the key to reopening is "more testing". How exactly will the results of "more testing" be used to make decisions?

Are they talking about antibody testing to allow those already recovered to return to normalcy? That's not the impression I get, so if not that, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    To echo my earlier question to Bruno, I keep hearing that the key to reopening is "more testing". How exactly will the results of "more testing" be used to make decisions?
    He hasn't got any idea. He's just heard that's what we need.

starting strength coach development program
    Fvck me running...

First this silly ass mandatory, not mandatory face mask bull shit.

And now consultants from McKinsey to save NYS from Trump???

It is to laugh...