starting strength gym
Page 1761 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 76112611661171117511759176017611762176317711811186122612761 ... LastLast
Results 17,601 to 17,610 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    So the left really seems to be hammering down on vaccine mandates. Do you think they are doubling down, or are they really this stupid crazy about this shit? Do you think that people are starting to get weary, esp because of the booster shot, that the left is trying to save face? Germany is or already has limited unvaccinated people to only grocery stores and such. On Morning Joe, the whole panel was on board with America requiring vaccine mandate or restricted travel to non-essential goods for unvaccinated. They really want to fuck this society up don’t they…?
    Why not both? Afghanistan is back to how it was, bin laden is dead, the war on terror has been forgotten about, people aren't scared of terrorists anymore. But the patriot act remains. You still have to take your shoes off to get on planes, the departments set up in response remain.
    What makes you think the war on covid will be any different? I'm actually surprised they didn't use that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The Pure Blood Aussies seem to have at least a few criminal allies willing to do the dirty work.

Australia: Unvaxxed thugs attack retail workers
    Good. I didn't see nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The Pure Blood Aussies seem to have at least a few criminal allies willing to do the dirty work.

Australia: Unvaxxed thugs attack retail workers
    Interesting, how the "unvaxxed" are the thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Barry, do the Covid camps in Australia seem like a PC thing or what? Misguidedly discriminating large segments of the population in order to make everyone feel equally safe?
    Good question. I need to think about it more.

But, at first glance it seems like an ultra PC thing to do. Given their record for past discrimination of indigenous and “foreign” populations, indiscriminate punishment of current citizens could be a form of reparation.

I don’t think it makes anyone feel equally safe, it makes people feel equally punished. Justice served PC style?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Interesting, how the "unvaxxed" are the thugs.
    No surprise... we are evil, selfish, uncaring people. I have had the China Virus the last 2 weeks.
    It was not fun, but I have had far worse viruses ("Bugs") in the past. Grow some spines people!
    And an FYI... my wife and I both used Ivermectin, it definitely helped.
    Biden Did Not Legally Win The 2020 Election

Why is there never a shortage of Polizei in these fascist countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why is there never a shortage of Polizei in these fascist countries?
    Because they're not made by the academy. Society makes them. Families make them. They make themselves. Reading the book Ordinary Men was helpful in realizing that we all hold the potential to be the worst of humanity. I've reflected on this quite a bit, and while I still maintain that, at least in the US, many law enforcement officers don't get paid enough and there needs to be a reform of law and policy in many areas... it seems that all areas of our society find themselves with a truly dangerous endemic threat: a severe lack of individual responsibility, useful education, and a moral fiber robust enough to withstand evil against motives both external and internal.

The amount of people completely ignorant of how laws, law enforcement, and basic civics function has been staggering. I was somewhat guilty of this, but I certainly never called the police several times a week to tell my neighbors to turn their music down, to deal with all of the homeless/mentally ill (it's not illegal to be crazy), or demanded people be arrested with no more evidence than a verbal statement. I would never imagine that, on top of law enforcement and traffic control, people so ubiquitously expect the police to also provide mental health counseling, social conformity enforcement, identify intoxication with all manner of drugs/controlled substances/alcohol, administration of naloxene, trauma care, first aid, child services and be experts in the complete spectrum of use of force -- all with the added expectation of baseline perfection in high-stress situations with little training. Society has relied on police, government, the medical community and so many other institutions to figuratively wipe its ass for decades now, though it's gotten especially bad in the past twenty years. It doesn't help that you are never exposed to the good that people do through the warped lens of media, and that's not just policing -- it's everywhere. The problem is everyone views the world through that lens, now, instead of actual interaction among themselves.

I don't say all of this to excuse tyrants, incompetent officers or bad leadership/policy. It's just to highlight how deep and wide the problems run. We need an overhaul of everything, and you will continue to see it at "friction points" like police-public interactions that are only the tip of the iceberg. It all starts with the individual getting their shit together, though, and afterwards maybe people will have enough wiggle room left to help their families, communities and churches a little. Without the onus being placed on the individual, every other measure either falls short or falls apart. I'm not sure such reform on a broad scale is even possible until the situation deteriorates far enough that it becomes necessary for continued survival. Even then, many will likely continue on as they have until they meet their doom.

For what it's worth, I've seen no differences in behavior, crime or even positive interactions between the police and public with regard to demographic. Our serious crime rate is lower per capita than many other areas, and those are either urban or have higher ratios of "public assistance." People have been poor here for a long time, but one of the striking things I noticed when I moved back home was the amount of trash and dilapidation in low and moderate income areas. When I was a kid, people at least kept their yard picked up and mowed. Even if they were poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Good question. I need to think about it more.

But, at first glance it seems like an ultra PC thing to do. Given their record for past discrimination of indigenous and “foreign” populations, indiscriminate punishment of current citizens could be a form of reparation.

I don’t think it makes anyone feel equally safe, it makes people feel equally punished. Justice served PC style?
    Hahaha this could very well be true, the lunatics knew they were gonna have to clamp down on Aboriginal populations at some point because those guys are not so stupid to go all in on vaccinations, so in order to prevent accusations of racism when closing down their communities...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Barry, do the Covid camps in Australia seem like a PC thing or what? Misguidedly discriminating large segments of the population in order to make everyone feel equally safe?
    Don't fool yourself Jovan, this is the model for all of us all around the world. The evil fucks running the show will ratchet up the intensity along with what they can get away with until they get to their final solution.
    It's up to us to make sure that it doesn't get to that point!