starting strength gym
Page 1765 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 76512651665171517551763176417651766176717751815186522652765 ... LastLast
Results 17,641 to 17,650 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    This is my theory and it is probably wrong. I’m just waiting for a stronger idea.
    My guess is they have moved from the initial Covid hoax to gathering intelligence on how far they can push the nazi measures and still poll favorably. You never know when you will "have" to open actual concentration camps.

Barry is wrong in his analysis of Australia and its lockdowns. Yes they locked us all down together but then only 'unlocked' let's say for those of us stupid enough to show total compliance. Only those double 'vaxxed' willing to show personal medical records and scan the tracing QR codes on entry to every store. This is highly discriminatory based on peoples personal choices and against our constitution that states no one may be coerced into being vaccinated. Our premiers have openly admitted the concentration camps are for the unvaccinated and in the Northern Territory they have forcefully locked up the Aboriginals in them just for being in a community that supposedly had a couple of cases of covid detected. There are unconfirmed reports they may be getting force jabbed as well. What part of this is PC?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post

The Omicron Variant is Here! What You Need to Know

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I've never seen or heard of anyone expressing either, except maybe a 10 year old thinking of how cool it would be to be a police officer, firefighter, forest ranger, or GI Joe.
    It may be more regional. I love that my community is supportive, and I'm not being derogatory of that. I'm grateful for it. There's more of a sterile interaction that happens occasionally, though. People can put your occupation on a pedestal to the point where you try to start a normal conversation with them, and they just freeze up or leave.

I don't bite, man. You can talk to me.

Good for this man.

"EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY"

We've been very aggressively trained to see this behavior as crazy, haven't we? Sometimes it's justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    This is my theory and it is probably wrong. I’m just waiting for a stronger idea.
    We have a sycophantic approach to authority. I put it down to being isolated. Our Flora and Fauna is unique due to it's isolation, also famously fragile to outside species taking over, due to a lack of evolutionary pressure. Our human history is the same, 40k years of uninterrupted, and isolated, human populations. Never had to invent the wheel. The entire country was colonised without the Brits having to use their military in any serious capacity. For those that are unaware, it wasn't untill the 1990's that the government recognised that people owned the land before the Brits got here.

Is it any surprise that we don't have anything beyond apathy? "She'll be right" is ingrained in the Australian mentality. Australian history would take about an hour to go through because nothing much has happened, ever. The most monumental event politically was probably a prime minster being dismissed by the governor general (The queens' representative) because his party failed to pass a budget 3 times. Oh and 1 prime minister went missing in the sea. So we named a pool after him. The idea that government can be harmful is an alien concept to most people. A lot of the corporate media is confused about why people are protesting. Because we have no history, this is foreign territory for Australia.

A cold!? I thought colds don't exist anymore. I wonder what over the counter theraputics he is taking to help him get over this cold?
    President Biden blames voice change on 'cold,' not COVID

Tucker speaks simple common sense yet again
    Biden’s Throat Frog Hints at the Coming Normalcy ⋆ Brownstone Institute

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Same as "PTSD" did after the Vietnam War.
    I know I'm redundant about George Carlin but this bit shows how he realized this language bullshiting game a long time ago.
    George Carlin on Soft Language - YouTube

This is also always fun to watch
    https://twitter.com/1BJDJ/status/146...470330372?s=20
    It’s often said that once you understand/learn a language, you can make jokes in that language. I will take it further, once you make jokes like Carlin, Hicks, and Pryor did, you understand a culture. Comedy is special amongst us humans, it is also usually allowed in strict regimes, which allows for “grassroots” change…… Chapelle anyone?

Trump one-liner on General Milley… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

I love this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    My apologies that this article is dreadfully boring so far. But boring is striking because, for some reason, we decided to forget all of this for the last two years in dealing with a new virus that is associated with a 99.8% survival rate, the victims of which tend to die at an age at which people normally die.

In short, we decided to panic ourselves into abolishing rights and liberties, while throwing out all inherited wisdom about infection, immunity, therapeutics, and viruses in general, not to mention all rights and traditional law. Talk of therapeutics for Covid was all-but banned. In short, we went utterly crazy, causing tremendous harm to public health, and the social and cultural fabric.

What strikes me about Biden and the frog in his throat is how casually and quickly he and his administration take recourse to traditional wisdom about viruses, even as the same administration is promoting the upending of life as we’ve known it all for a virus that is a near cousin of the very thing he caught from his grandson. And yet his spokesperson draws on what we’ve always known in order to calm people down.
    Clarity.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    We have a sycophantic approach to authority. I put it down to being isolated. Our Flora and Fauna is unique due to it's isolation, also famously fragile to outside species taking over, due to a lack of evolutionary pressure. Our human history is the same, 40k years of uninterrupted, and isolated, human populations. Never had to invent the wheel. The entire country was colonised without the Brits having to use their military in any serious capacity. For those that are unaware, it wasn't untill the 1990's that the government recognised that people owned the land before the Brits got here.

Is it any surprise that we don't have anything beyond apathy? "She'll be right" is ingrained in the Australian mentality. Australian history would take about an hour to go through because nothing much has happened, ever. The most monumental event politically was probably a prime minster being dismissed by the governor general (The queens' representative) because his party failed to pass a budget 3 times. Oh and 1 prime minister went missing in the sea. So we named a pool after him. The idea that government can be harmful is an alien concept to most people. A lot of the corporate media is confused about why people are protesting. Because we have no history, this is foreign territory for Australia.
    Thanks! This is a very interesting perspective. From the source!

I often look for commonality of humans to try to understand things, but I realize people like to celebrate the differences.

I’m sorry you consider yourselves apathetic, but I assure you, Americans are ferociously apathetic too.