starting strength gym
Page 1770 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 77012701670172017601768176917701771177217801820187022702770 ... LastLast
Results 17,691 to 17,700 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Kits, add this to your collection Dr Peter Duesberg, A Cautionary Tale! - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Tucker once again saying what no one else on TV is allowed to.

Why is the United States doing this?
    This isn't my idea, I just think it's interesting, albeit highly speculative. I believe it's attributed to George Friedman who writes about geopolitical issues, founder of Stratfor, back when it was good.

His observation was America was in the early years of it's empire, and was like an adolescent teenager. Intensely inward focusing and moody, followed by rabid and outsized responsive action. America is internally focused, until the outside world reaches in. This disruption shakes America to it's core, followed by an oversized but short lived response, which changes the world.

His evidence of this was Pearl Harbor, followed by the Atomic era and the reshaping of Asia and Europe. Sputnik, followed the Apollo program, September 11, followed by the war on terror and the surveillance state. Losing a war to Russia could be another, core shaking event that causes America to in response to an existential threat, aka a teenager. If Russia invaded Ukraine I'm not sure the the US would win. If they lost it would almost certainly be taken as a national catastrophe.
    America is no longer a serious nation. Losing a war to Russia MAY be the catalyst to end this foray into madness that America is in now. Do you think anyone will care about Parents in local PTA meetings if 50k soldiers die in Europe?

Pure speculation of course, it's a long shot that it'll happen, it's a toss up that America would decisively lose, and it's a long shot that the reaction will return America to reality.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChanceGar...376593411?s=20

Italians are being threatened to lockdown again, kids are being told to distance at school and wear masks, unvaxxed people are outcasts of society, but rich cunts can assemble at the Milan Opera with no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Fauci has made a career of being wrong. Ever since AIDS in the 80's. Which (no disrespect or patronizing intended) you were likely too young to recall the hysteria he managed to stir up then. It even had some of the PC elements you talk about now. EVERYONE had to beware then, even though the main groups that really had to worry about AIDS were gay men and needle using druggies.
    The hysterics around AIDS and the way they taught it in school fucked up a whole generation of kids.

The first time I kissed a girl, I believe I was 11 or 12, I had massive anxiety for days after because I thought I might have AIDS.

They taught us in school that “being intimate” with someone was how you caught it. That’s also the way they described Magic Johnson’s infection.

It’s the same shit they’re doing with kids and masks. They’re fucking them up into believing that they’re killing people (including family members) for not wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You must watch this. I told you this much earlier this year. Taiwan is next.
    To be fair to Biden... this was Hilary's plan five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Fauci has made a career of being wrong. Ever since AIDS in the 80's. Which (no disrespect or patronizing intended) you were likely too young to recall the hysteria he managed to stir up then. It even had some of the PC elements you talk about now. EVERYONE had to beware then, even though the main groups that really had to worry about AIDS were gay men and needle using druggies.
    I was in a prominent HIV lab in the late 80s/90s. Fauci was HATED by ALL of the scientists. While he stirred up ridiculous hysteria and is garbage for that, he was hated by scientists because he sucked as a scientist and was already manipulating his power for financial gain.

I have still chatted with former colleagues and he is still hated. But it is true, he is the source of funding so better just keep one's mouth shut.

Elon Musk Says Democrats Should Tank Entire Build Back Better Bill

Look at the picture at the top of this post. One of these two guys is smarter than the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Buy a Mac or install Linux.
    I Have personally and professionally used macs since the mid 80s. In all these decades, though, Microsoft is still front and center. Evil genius.

How is Microsoft the same as political correctness? You are forced to buy inferior products and spend half your time inventing workarounds. This is an original thought. Permission to use it freely.

starting strength coach development program
    Denninger. Ignore him at your peril. Debate Is Over Folks; Facts Came In in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

If you were infected and recovered your risk of a severe outcome, if you got infected, was 0.18% under 39, 1.1% if 40-59 and 7.8% if you were over 60. This doesn't sound very good for the old people, does it?

Ah, but if you were vaccinated and boosted (best case, right?) what were the odds if you got infected?

0.1% if under 39 (too few events for good statistical power; there was only one), 0.6% if 40-59 (looks pretty good) but 6.2% if over 60. In other words even if boosted the infection rate that went sour on you if you're old means the jabs are basically worthless compared against prior infection.

And if just vaccinated but not boosted? Comparatively you're ****ed, right? Or are you?

Uh, for 16-39 your risk there was 0.05% (!!!), for 40-59 it was 0.6% (!!) and for 60+ it was 8.1%.

In other words among infections that matter being boosted had negative or no efficiency when it comes to severe outcomes for everyone under 60!

What if you got jabbed after being infected? This is data I've been looking for, and while the data points are thin and thus I'm not happy with the lack of statistical power, well, read it for yourself. Under 40 the risk of severe reinfection was 0.2%, from 40-59 it was 2.4% and for 60+ it was a stunning 10%.

IN OTHER WORDS BEING JABBED AFTER RECOVERING INCREASES YOUR RISK OF A SEVERE OUTCOME.

For the other way around, where you got jabbed and then got infected, there were too few events except in one cohort, 60+, to draw good conclusions as there were lots of zeros -- but small infection counts. However, the news there isn't good either in that in the 60+ cohort the severe risk if you got infected was 12.5% (!!!)

Ok, ok you say, but being vaccinated drops the infection risk. Indeed. But it drops it less, except in the 0-2 months since jabbed, than being recovered does. Indeed the loss of immunity from vaccination is nearly linear while for those infected the loss appears to taper significantly after the first six months and residual protection may be of very long duration or even permanent.

Indeed, someone who has been infected (but not jabbed) has a lower person-day risk of reinfection by more than half at one year post-event than someone who has been vaccinated has at four to six months.