starting strength gym
Page 1777 of 3025 FirstFirst ... 77712771677172717671775177617771778177917871827187722772777 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,770 of 30244

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Well said!
    I think there is a pretty big difference between equality and equity, however.
    Equality allows for equal opportunity for all people and races alike. If the individual can do the job better than others, he gets the job regardless of race or creed.

Equity is when a person who comes from a so-called disadvantage, who can not do the job, gets precedence over people who can do the job. It is when the system will give him high marks when he actually got low marks.
    Equity is the money I have in my house that I realize when I sell the property. Equity already has a definition. These people are talking about affirmative action, which got a definition about 40 years ago. Or perhaps the racism of low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    It appears that we have quite different world views and never the twain shall meet.
    It is not so much about world views but reading and thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Equity is the money I have in my house that I realize when I sell the property. Equity already has a definition. These people are talking about affirmative action, which got a definition about 40 years ago. Or perhaps the racism of low expectations.
    Yes that the term “equity” , in the modern activist context, is a hijack of an actually defined word. It’s similar to the political use of the word “gender” stolen from science.

Affirmative action has been around more like 60yrs (in the US). The idea was, especially in hiring, to overtly make an effort to reach beyond your own familiar pool of candidates.

I don’t know when, probably post-Nixon, but affirmative action latter added quota and point systems of all sorts, followed by many court challenges from every direction imaginable.

I don’t know history very well but my point is this went from somewhat benign to undecipherable as the ideas were shown to be consecutively worse and counter productive.

It seems to demonstrate a predictable pattern.

Omicron Hysteria Made 8 Top Pfizer, Moderna Shareholders $10 Billion Richer
    Omicron Hysteria Made 8 Top Pfizer, Moderna Shareholders $10 Billion Richer - GreatGameIndia

Remember when Klaus and globalist mates promised that in the future ‘’you will own nothing and you WILL be happy".

They weren’t joking, already they are talking about making car ownership a thing on the past.

Only the United Australia Party will stand up to these clowns.

Owning a car is outdated '20th-century thinking' transport minister Trudy Harrison says | Daily Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Yes that the term “equity” , in the modern activist context, is a hijack of an actually defined word. It’s similar to the political use of the word “gender” stolen from science.
    "Gender" was stolen from linguistics, IIRC. The only thing they got right was the association of gender with (your) pronouns.

Don't forget that objective definitions are White Supremacist, just like math, logic, and showing up to meetings on time.

BBC News - Covid: New booster target as Boris Johnson declares Omicron 'emergency'
    Covid: New booster target as Boris Johnson declares Omicron '''emergency''' - BBC News

Things just don't make sense anymore. What's going on in the world?

Anyone feel like being really fucking angry? Give this a read: Thousands facing heart problems due to ‘post-pandemic stress disorder’ | Evening Standard

starting strength coach development program
    They know we're stupid, and they know we'll believe them.