starting strength gym
Page 1785 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 78512851685173517751783178417851786178717951835188522852785 ... LastLast
Results 17,841 to 17,850 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Was mRNA previously used to mass produce a duplicate spike protein from sars-cov-2 in the body? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably not. DDT wasn't directly administered to cure polio. It was used to kill off bugs that were believed to be a key transmission vector. Obviously, DDT had some nasty unintended side effects on the people who were supposed to be getting saved. Hey, maybe you should rethink your clever little analogy. Sounds like something else might be the DDT analogue in the current situation...
    There has been some speculation that pesticides themselves were actually a major causative factor in what became known as polio.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Take a look at this myocarditis retrospective in Nature. It has all the statistical naivete that is now typical of such reports. But here's what puzzles me: why are the most important columns of data in the paper -- the mRNA-1273 counts in Table 2 -- just a bunch of asterisks?

Is it avoiding showing data with just a few individuals to avoid the possibility of publishing identifying information?

https://twitter.com/boldmovesdiary/s...26021599772673

More of those "good" cops standing around doing nothing while the bad cops beat the shit out of Americans

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I cannot help but be amused: New unusual Omicron symptom revealed as common signs are DIFFERENT
    The “omicron” symptoms seem awfully like the flu or cold, but two things are more important than anything else - get your booster shots and cancel Christmas.
    Amazing:

Brits have been urged to get their boosters to fight the wave of variant cases.

In new data from Sage, the group that advises the Government, it is estimated two Covid jabs should slash the risk of dying from Omicron by up to 84 per cent.

But the models also showed the chance of simply catching the virus and falling ill is twice reduced if you have a booster too.

The latest data revealed boosters offer up to 75 per cent protection from mild infection from Omicron.
    How many Brits have died of the deadly Omicron variant?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    https://twitter.com/boldmovesdiary/s...26021599772673

More of those "good" cops standing around doing nothing while the bad cops beat the shit out of Americans
    I guess this just surfaced. The Federal Law Enforcement agencies make me glad I'm a Texan. We need a new map.

Governor of Maine Activates National Guard to Staff Hospitals After Firing Unvaccinated Healthcare Workers

I'm very glad I don't live in Maine. But it's good that they got what they voted for.

I believe one person has died from the deadly Omicron variant in the UK.

DR. ANGELIQUE COETZEE: I alerted the wider world to Omicron - and I believe Britain is overreacting | Daily Mail Online

I told my family and friends that the doctor who discovered Omicron thinks we are overreacting and their response? 'The doctor isn't an expert'.

What can I do at this point?

The doctor is not an expert because she doesn't agree with the BBC.

My family and friends think she doesn't understand 'data'. She's 'just a GP' who deals with people on an 'individual basis' and not at a 'population level'.

Incidentally, 'Sir Desmond' made a good anti-lockdown speech yesterday.

Anti-lockdown MP blasts new coronavirus laws - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DanielAcorn View Post
    Nothing, as was pointed out many pages ago, everybody needs to come to terms with how they have been duped in their own time.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielAcorn View Post
    I told my family and friends that the doctor who discovered Omicron thinks we are overreacting and their response? 'The doctor isn't an expert'.

Well, you have figured out that they don't really care about facts and evidence. So you have two options: disengage or go after their feelings. In other words, retreat or try to convince them by other means. Your choice, but just remember that the other side is shamelessly manipulating their feelings, and the other side is winning.

Recommended reading:

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
    Pre-Suasion: Channeling Attention for Change by Robert Cialdini

starting strength coach development program
    I probably wasn't clear when I said 'what can I do at this point'. I intended to convey my alienation from family and friends. If I share even a slightly 'off-piste' (anti BBC) thought with them then I'm simply a 'mad conspiracist'.

Oh and I've been entertaining an idea for a while and it goes like this:

What if the threat to human health is being 'outsourced'. By that I mean that it's no longer lack of medical provision that is the risk to human health (which has historically been the case with the NHS), but instead it's injury and illness that's being framed as the 'threat'.

It may be that our NHS is genuinely struggling with the common cold. Maybe this whole coronavirus nonsense is a euphemism for 'there's no healthcare left for anyone'.

It's quite a scary thought.

Thanks for the reading anticasual!