starting strength gym
Page 179 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 791291691771781791801811892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 30238

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Experience shows that if you do it early enough, you can be even somewhat gentle. If you wait too long, you need a very strict quarantine, much closer to your Army analogy than what you are seeing now in some US cities. If you wait too long, there is not a whole lot you can do even with the quarantine in place, you gotta wait for the virus to burn itself out. You can then start to ease up on the quarantine, but the question is how long until another outbreak. The idea of locking things down and then reopening after a short period seems pretty counter-intuitive, you should either enforce strict quarantines until you find a cure, or you do the Swedish thing and let the virus run its course. I don't really trust China with their case numbers, so Italy, Spain and the US are gonna offer some good data on what happens after the lockdowns, since the governments there waited for a long time to enforce quarantines, have a high number of cases and fatalities and are set to start opening up at some time in the near future. Best case scenario is you can contain the spread with closed borders, I don't see how it can be done if you open them.
    So the question becomes, do we really want to try to contain an infection that is going to spread anyway, especially at the expense of the loss of the world's economy? The other question then becomes, who decided this course of action? Was it intentional, or were we all just as stupid?

And here's another question: Will banks loan money to "non-essential businesses" going forward? Will commercial property owners lease space to "non-essential businesses", and under what conditions?

For those who may not have listened to the podcast: I think it deserves to be recognized and lauded that Rip's gym is open.

Thank you for your willingness to stand up to tyranny!

Maybe a "Free Rip" T-shirt would be a good idea, even if you do not get jailed/fined. The ripples will be felt for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    For those who may not have listened to the podcast: I think it deserves to be recognized and lauded that Rip's gym is open.

Maybe a "Free Rip" T-shirt would be a good idea, even if you do not get jailed/fined. The ripples will be felt for years.
    Mark Rippetoe = a man of action, courage and honour. Maximum respect.

I read that as, “the nipples will be felt for years”.
    Not really the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Agilic View Post
    You wake up from a 6 month coma and the first thing the nurse tells you is, "I'm sorry to inform you, but we are in the midst of a pandemic. A highly contagious virus is in virtually every human civilization on earth. The world is on lockdown. Every non-essential worker is quarantined in their home and not allowed out except for groceries."

How many people would you instantly assume are dead around the world? 10 million? 50 million? 500 million?
    I would think 10 million on the low end.

The ripples
    You mean what pokes up under his shirt and makes him look like some kind of pervert?

Quote Originally Posted by DanaWhicker View Post
    I would think 10 million on the low end.
    Played this game with my wife and she said 100s of millions, with bodies being burned in pits and in the streets.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ...Was it intentional, or were we all just as stupid?...
    Both. Intentional desire for comfort, and incompetence. It’s a powerful combination in the wrong hands.

Its probably the Minimum Basic Operation clause.

The Mayor had allowed Rip et al to occupy his own building to perform some basic operation and maintenance functions.

http://www.wichitafallstx.gov/Docume...Order-04172020

All the house arrest language is silly. The lockdown is a joke in most places.
    There's so many "outs" in these orders its not even funny (most places).

I'm going to get a coffee now, oh excuse me, some "liquid sustenance."

brb

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So the question becomes, do we really want to try to contain an infection that is going to spread anyway, especially at the expense of the loss of the world's economy? The other question then becomes, who decided this course of action? Was it intentional, or were we all just as stupid?

And here's another question: Will banks loan money to "non-essential businesses" going forward? Will commercial property owners lease space to "non-essential businesses", and under what conditions?
    I don't know why this comes as a surprise. As soon as Italy locked down, it was clear that everybody was gonna follow suit if they had enough cases, which has happened. I didn't think any government was gonna allow itself to have a disproportionate number of people dying in hospitals with the media clickbaiting on it. So, very much intentional, I will leave the stupidity assessment to the other members.

I don't wanna get into your second question, it's the redistribution of wealth scheme that is coming up next. A lot of stress is gonna follow. A lot of confusion.