starting strength gym
Page 1794 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 79412941694174417841792179317941795179618041844189422942794 ... LastLast
Results 17,931 to 17,940 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Drive down here, and I'll give you some ivermectin.
    Much appreciated, but we requisitioned some by way of a site recommended since the original two services are swamped, currently. The order will be filled by the local pharmacy who gladly confirmed before the doctor we were contacted by in our state prescribed. I also grabbed some of the apple-flavored variety earlier for just such an emergency, and if I develop any symptoms beyond what I currently have (exceptionally mild even compared to the wife's mild symptoms) I have options available.

Frankly, even as this is likely a variant (perhaps even omicron and not omNicron... which drives me up the wall that people say that), the local doctor remarked that all the cases observed thus far in the season have been mild.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The question David is have you been vaccinated?
    No, but the rest of the family outside of my household has been. Which is precisely why I'm glad we've been exposed (natural immunity), and why we don't want to subject them to it (2-3 shots each). They at least have switched brands because of the rising awareness of vaccine injury, but despite my protests it will be no better for them than the previous. As I remind them, our decision not to take the mRNA injections was entirely based around our best understanding of the information available, and our course of action remains both unchanged and apolitical. We're largely concerned with feeling better faster so that we can return to work. Missing paychecks with our current income (cops don't get paid well) are a reality we can't afford in this economy, and we are healthy, lacking any comorbidities, and capable of hard work. It's all just an iterative series of cost-benefit analyses.

Such is life. I cannot control many things, and that includes viruses and other people. It's comforting to have already accepted that. Worst case, I'll break into the whiskey locker and deal with this the old fashioned way -- burn it out with liquid fire.

Fuuuuck.

I just sort of had this moment today where the world seemed to slow for a second and I looked around. The lady out shopping in public on her phone with a unicorn pajama onesie on. The guy carefully reading the ingredients on a package of soy-based "chicken" fingers. A dude butting in line in front of two ladies getting lunch. A chick in the corner trying to fit the mask just right on her maybe? 4 year old. Something just clicked.

I keep thinking that there's something to be changed or done. The next election maybe? Local participation? In my private life, where I've carefully cultivated the type of people I give my time to, it seems possible.
    But then, I see the public at large and nope. This is just it now. This is how people are. "Restrictions"- we still think of them as changing- something that might "lift". It's not. All this; inflation, masks, tests, government micro-management- it doesn't matter because these people are so brain-dead they don't even care. Long as they can stream their tik tok and get their Ben and Jerry's they don't care. As long as life is handed to them, the government can do anything it wants. Freedom for comfort. There's no big awakening gonna happen. This domestic zombie thing is just how people are now.
    We need to consider, idk what would the polite term for it be? Balkanization? The absolute best we're gonna get is left alone. We better start thinking about it if we don't want to be assimilated. My gut feeling has become resignation in spite of some small wins. We may win a few battles but we're losing the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I know what people here think about the vax. I get it. My experience shows the reality from a different point of view.

The camp that COVID response is dubious, has been vindicated a little.
    How old are you, Barry? That influences what we think about it.

Anticausal, that struck a chord with me too.

I'd rather focus on something else he said at 30:28: "Anyone who puts himself in charge of the masses better be prepared to be killed by them."

Reminds me of the quiet man who just wanted to be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How old are you, Barry? That influences what we think about it.

At 59, you'll be okay, probably. If you were 29, you would be a fool to take the shots. A fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Fuuuuck.

I just sort of had this moment today where the world seemed to slow for a second and I looked around. The lady out shopping in public on her phone with a unicorn pajama onesie on. The guy carefully reading the ingredients on a package of soy-based "chicken" fingers. A dude butting in line in front of two ladies getting lunch. A chick in the corner trying to fit the mask just right on her maybe? 4 year old. Something just clicked.

I keep thinking that there's something to be changed or done. The next election maybe? Local participation? In my private life, where I've carefully cultivated the type of people I give my time to, it seems possible.
    But then, I see the public at large and nope. This is just it now. This is how people are. "Restrictions"- we still think of them as changing- something that might "lift". It's not. All this; inflation, masks, tests, government micro-management- it doesn't matter because these people are so brain-dead they don't even care. Long as they can stream their tik tok and get their Ben and Jerry's they don't care. As long as life is handed to them, the government can do anything it wants. Freedom for comfort. There's no big awakening gonna happen. This domestic zombie thing is just how people are now.
    We need to consider, idk what would the polite term for it be? Balkanization? The absolute best we're gonna get is left alone. We better start thinking about it if we don't want to be assimilated. My gut feeling has become resignation in spite of some small wins. We may win a few battles but we're losing the war.
    I don't think anything like that "national divorce" idea is gonna work out, not without violence. The US Federal Government cannot afford to have states go bye-bye, and they will absolutely use military force to try and keep them.

Don't get demoralized though. I've observed many, many people who've just had it with this shit. Unlike the first time around, the mask mandates aren't sticking at any of the gyms I visit. The larger location features occasional impotent intercom announcements reminding us to "keep your masks up at all times". They aren't yet even daring to send people out to bother us about it like they were before. The stark majority of gym-goers do not have masks on at all. This is in New York, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerJustin View Post
    It is called Stockholm Syndrome.
    yeah, this is much simpler than my long explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post

No, but the rest of the family outside of my household has been. Which is precisely why I'm glad we've been exposed (natural immunity), and why we don't want to subject them to it (2-3 shots each). They at least have switched brands because of the rising awareness of vaccine injury, but despite my protests it will be no better for them than the previous. As I remind them, our decision not to take the mRNA injections was entirely based around our best understanding of the information available, and our course of action remains both unchanged and apolitical. We're largely concerned with feeling better faster so that we can return to work. Missing paychecks with our current income (cops don't get paid well) are a reality we can't afford in this economy, and we are healthy, lacking any comorbidities, and capable of hard work. It's all just an iterative series of cost-benefit analyses.

Such is life. I cannot control many things, and that includes viruses and other people. It's comforting to have already accepted that. Worst case, I'll break into the whiskey locker and deal with this the old fashioned way -- burn it out with liquid fire.
    David you can't always control a hazard, so you go to the next step and that is PPE. Have you had any vaccination at all, like flu, tetanus, Hep B, whooping cough etc? The reason I ask is I am in the State SES and we were required to get Heb B, Flu and Tetanus. The Hep B and tetanus for working in floodwaters that contained sewage from flooded sewers. We are also required to get the Covid vax as some rescues can be in hospitals, old folks homes. I just consider it another form of PPE that I have to wear when working in hazardous environments, I never really worried about the mask thing as I have always warn particle masks, gloves, safety googles, steel caps, always carried a HV rescue kit when working in High Voltage substations, hard hats and always had a PLB when working alone. Had to do fire training, confined space rescue training, CPR and the list goes on. When Covid arrived to me it was just another disease to protect myself from.

Cops wear Kevlar vests to prevent impacts from projectiles so why not protect your lungs?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Florida man is forced off United Airlines plane for wearing red women's underwear over his face as a mask - and other passengers march off in support of him

Well played, Florida man. Funny as hell, but "other passengers march off in support of him" is the best part of this story.

In Italy, a man was thrown out of a ferry for not having a vaxx passport, and people applauded.
    God, my country is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I don't think anything like that "national divorce" idea is gonna work out, not without violence. The US Federal Government cannot afford to have states go bye-bye, and they will absolutely use military force to try and keep them.

Don't get demoralized though. I've observed many, many people who've just had it with this shit. Unlike the first time around, the mask mandates aren't sticking at any of the gyms I visit. The larger location features occasional impotent intercom announcements reminding us to "keep your masks up at all times". They aren't yet even daring to send people out to bother us about it like they were before. The stark majority of gym-goers do not have masks on at all. This is in New York, mind you.
    Very few people are uncorruptable and unbreakable. Doesn't matter what you see at the moment.
    The majority of people are non-violent, weak, both physically and psychologically, they are professional consumers and obedient workers, and they have been brainwashed. Even the ones you see without a mask, they just need a little bit more push and they will listen. It's human nature, we adapt, we conform to the environment. Having morals and be willing to die for them, is very rare and almost unnatural in humans.
    If people were really tired or "awakening", they'd stop whatever they're doing and march into parliament today. But they don't, because they're afraid to die and don't trust each other. People have been made harmless in most countries. The US is the only one left that has people with lots of guns, but still, nothing is happening.
    So as Jenni said, you can have your small victories, but the war is definetely lost, it was lost way before Covid began. We can just work to be left alone or defend ourselves.