starting strength gym
Page 1796 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 79612961696174617861794179517961797179818061846189622962796 ... LastLast
Results 17,951 to 17,960 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    David you can't always control a hazard, so you go to the next step and that is PPE. Have you had any vaccination at all, like flu, tetanus, Hep B, whooping cough etc? The reason I ask is I am in the State SES and we were required to get Heb B, Flu and Tetanus. The Hep B and tetanus for working in floodwaters that contained sewage from flooded sewers. We are also required to get the Covid vax as some rescues can be in hospitals, old folks homes. I just consider it another form of PPE that I have to wear when working in hazardous environments,
    wal simply cannot wrap his head around the fact that this is not a vaccine. I guess he thinks that if they call it a vaccine, it must be the same thing as the other things they call vaccines. Yet he doesn't like it when Hindus sell me doxycycline instead of Pfizer.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    In Italy, a man was thrown out of a ferry for not having a vaxx passport, and people applauded.
    God, my country is stupid.
    The other European countries have noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Fuuuuck.

I just sort of had this moment today where the world seemed to slow for a second and I looked around. The lady out shopping in public on her phone with a unicorn pajama onesie on. The guy carefully reading the ingredients on a package of soy-based "chicken" fingers. A dude butting in line in front of two ladies getting lunch. A chick in the corner trying to fit the mask just right on her maybe? 4 year old. Something just clicked.

I keep thinking that there's something to be changed or done. The next election maybe? Local participation? In my private life, where I've carefully cultivated the type of people I give my time to, it seems possible.
    But then, I see the public at large and nope. This is just it now. This is how people are. "Restrictions"- we still think of them as changing- something that might "lift". It's not. All this; inflation, masks, tests, government micro-management- it doesn't matter because these people are so brain-dead they don't even care. Long as they can stream their tik tok and get their Ben and Jerry's they don't care. As long as life is handed to them, the government can do anything it wants. Freedom for comfort. There's no big awakening gonna happen. This domestic zombie thing is just how people are now.
    We need to consider, idk what would the polite term for it be? Balkanization? The absolute best we're gonna get is left alone. We better start thinking about it if we don't want to be assimilated. My gut feeling has become resignation in spite of some small wins. We may win a few battles but we're losing the war.
    It's amazing to hear about this from somewhere as far from DC and the mask fundamentalist Nazis as you are in Jackson. Must be one of those renegade blue counties in an otherwise sea of red. Even here the purple and getting redder Jackson County in Der Volkische Republik von Illinois (which really is driven by about a dozen or so of the 102 counties in this state) it's not that bad even with the university in town. Only a relative few persist in wearing masks and only the university campus insists on having someone wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    There is a term - that I cannot think of - that refers to the fact that every human in history believes he/she is living at the pinnacle crossroads of human existence. That present events are the final determining factor in civilizations success or doom.

Looking at it from this perspective, it is hard to see concern about Covid/inflation/democrats in Washington are any different from the caveman believing the next thunderstorm was it for him.

In 100 years, people will be here carrying in just fine without any of us. However they too will believe human existence will be finally facing its defeat if “x” happens.
    Not only do I agree, it’s a certainty.

I think a term that describes it is evolution. Technology changes very fast in 100yrs but human evolution does not.

Looks like Mel Brooks' son is a judicial nominee who's not fond of 2A and likes illegal aliens.

We're so screwed; every one of FJB's nominees is a complete shit show, and I believe they are simply mocking us at this point.

'Is There A Constitutional Right Of One Who Is Not A Citizen To Vote In An Election?' - YouTube

Straightforward explanation in layman language of a few of the more reasonable arguments why these vaccines might affect fertility" (Lack of safety data, as well as documented repro damage etc...)
    Is There Plausible Basis For Fertility Concerns?

A further concern is that pregnant women were excluded from all of the vaccine trials, so there has not yet been a proper study with a control group to see if there are any differences in pregnancy loss or congenital defects between vaccinated and unvaccinated women. Additionally, the trials were irreversibly terminated after just a few months when the control arms were vaccinated, ending the possibility (threat?) of any long term data emerging from the trials. Fertility is something that by definition requires a long term study to properly assess, which will obviously no longer be forthcoming in any form from the actual clinical trials

So right off the bat, the trials never established that the vaccines didn’t affect fertility, the “experts” just assumed that they didn’t. Expert opinion is not considered evidence of drug safety for good reason, namely that experts are usually wrong when it comes to predicting things, especially regarding novel drugs (for a variety of widely ranging reasons). Regrettably, experts seldom recognize the limits of their own expertise, and vis a vis covid seem unaware that any exist altogether. Were expert opinion a valid method of adjudicating safety concerns for new medical products, the FDA could be retired, as experts almost always assume new drugs won’t have any unanticipated side effects. Thus the contention that “experts say” is an empty and meaningless pile of nonsensical drivel.

UK Ivermectin Study Suspiciously Paused And Omicron Christmas Present. Another Revealing quick and insightful Dr Robert Malone interview.
    Inventor of mRNA vaccine platform: omicron is a Christmas present to us | On Air Videos | Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    wal simply cannot wrap his head around the fact that this is not a vaccine. I guess he thinks that if they call it a vaccine, it must be the same thing as the other things they call vaccines. Yet he doesn't like it when Hindus sell me doxycycline instead of Pfizer.
    Mark no "vaccine" is a "vaccine" the word pertains to that which comes from a cow (cow pox vaccine) the original vaccine for small pox. So for want of a better word let's just call it a jab.

Hindus can sell you anything you want, I told you it is up to to you, its your life if you want to play with a cobra go for it.

Doxycycline and Ivermectin is what has been used in India for Covid, have you had Covid? Are you self medicating with this stuff to fight covid?

DGHS drops Ivermectin, Doxycycline from Covid-19 treatment; ICMR rules unchanged - Coronavirus Outbreak News

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Meh. Wal, the Russians I met when studying abroad used to tell me Americans aren't really free, and I would scoff. They'd also tell me that we're just as corrupt as the Russians are, only our corruption has evolved into a more polite form while the Russkies are only now going through their Wild West stage.

Do you really think our Western pharmaceutical companies are that much less corrupt than the simpleton Indian ones? Or, let me phrase that differently: Only if you've been living under a rock the past two years, could you rail against this corruption going on in Indian online pharmaceuticals, while giving Pfizer et al the benefit of the doubt that they have humanity's best interests at heart.
    Yes I know, however have you lived in India? I have been their many times and their form of corruption permeates all areas of life and causes much grief and misery. Yes I know we have corruption in the US and here in Aus and it is getting worse, but as yet it does not hold a candle to the corruption that is rife in India. Let me just inform you Indian folk are not simpletons as you seem to suggest and their grip on generic medicine production is as bad as the Chinese grip on western technology and we will pay a price for it as we have given away our ability to produce our own technology and pharmaceuticals as the pandemic has already shown.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    You are aware, aren't you Wal, that the only reason why your humble and generous overlord let you breath just a little bit of air and lifted restrictions, was due to people like Avi Yemini and the Aussie Cossack. And of course to all those brave heros that stood up for their rights and freedoms!
    Gilead they are shit stirrers. The brave heros (the real ones) that stood up against the imperialist forces of the Japanese many years ago (including my father), that generation has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    It's amazing to hear about this from somewhere as far from DC and the mask fundamentalist Nazis as you are in Jackson. Must be one of those renegade blue counties in an otherwise sea of red. Even here the purple and getting redder Jackson County in Der Volkische Republik von Illinois (which really is driven by about a dozen or so of the 102 counties in this state) it's not that bad even with the university in town. Only a relative few persist in wearing masks and only the university campus insists on having someone wear them.
    Never mind. A county by county voting map of your state tells the tale. Not only is Jackson in a blue county, it has blue counties on 3 of 4 sides of it. Interestingly, it also shows most of the blue counties along the Mississippi River as blue. Which backstops a correlation between big bodies of water in the US on the coasts and the Great Lakes and blue voters. Must be something in the drinking water treatment plants.

starting strength coach development program
    This story of Maddie de Garay is why...
    a) young children should not be vaccinated with drugs that haven't been subjected to long term testing in adults and are proven to be safe
    b) drug companies should not be trusted to carry out trials on their own drugs given the inherent conflict of interest
    c) Health bureaucrats need to do better quality assurance around drug testing and
    d) politicians need to hold Health bureaucrats to account for their failure to detect adverse events from vaccines.
    Serious questions need to asked as to why Pfizer has not recorded Maddie's injuries as a serious adverse event and calls into question the credibility of their Covid-19 vaccines trials.

How many more adverse effects have been covered up during the trials? - Maddie de Garay's story. - YouTube