starting strength gym
Page 1797 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 79712971697174717871795179617971798179918071847189722972797 ... LastLast
Results 17,961 to 17,970 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The other European countries have noticed this.
    The amount of people wearing masks in cars or just outside because a new mandate tells them to, is...well, not even surprising anymore. I gave up on hoping people will wake up. For them this is all just a new way to live. They will never realize and accept the fact that they do not own their own lives, because in reality, they don't want to. As long as they get to yell at someone, cheer for soccer teams and consume, they're happy to comply and hand their bodies, decisions, thoughts and actions, over to someone else

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    David you can't always control a hazard, so you go to the next step and that is PPE. Have you had any vaccination at all, like flu, tetanus, Hep B, whooping cough etc? The reason I ask is I am in the State SES and we were required to get Heb B, Flu and Tetanus. The Hep B and tetanus for working in floodwaters that contained sewage from flooded sewers. We are also required to get the Covid vax as some rescues can be in hospitals, old folks homes. I just consider it another form of PPE that I have to wear when working in hazardous environments, I never really worried about the mask thing as I have always warn particle masks, gloves, safety googles, steel caps, always carried a HV rescue kit when working in High Voltage substations, hard hats and always had a PLB when working alone. Had to do fire training, confined space rescue training, CPR and the list goes on. When Covid arrived to me it was just another disease to protect myself from.

Cops wear Kevlar vests to prevent impacts from projectiles so why not protect your lungs?
    I've obviously had the gamut of injections given my military service and overseas deployments, and despite recent issues of vaccine safety... I still have enjoyed a long history of severe vaccine reaction. I've had influenza twice, and neither were worse than the mandatory flu vaccines I received. Actually, even though it is specifically contraindicated for me, the military still forced me to receive the nasal flu vaccine for three years of my service.

I have dealt with over two dozen exposures to SARS-COV-2 and its variants in both my line of work and in general interaction. That's just the ones I'm aware of, mind you. We have no idea where our current exposure was. And I also do wear body armor with more than just soft armor. I have various levels at the ready to deal with threats on a cost-benefit analysis basis and as time permits me to don my plates. Just as I have a patrol rifle in addition to my pistol, but I don't even respond to every firearms call with my patrol rifle slung or at low ready because there's a whole world of overlapping spectra that drive those decisions.

The most reliable data we have, and even the data from the vaccine manufacturers themselves, shows that it would do me virtually no good. Since we are two years into this mess, I have assumed the predominant variants are either the ones we've identified or more local mutations. Why would I risk injury to my health with a relatively well-proven known-bad medicine when the current variant exposure is less deadly and more transmissible? Perhaps even MORE deadly and transmissible if you are vaccinated. Why would I take a medicine with such an obvious (and dubious) failure rate that will cause irreversible damage to my immune system and the way it responds to ALL variants? I'm getting exactly what I want now: IF I am to be infected THEN I want to be infected without a vaccine so that my body is exposed to exactly the virion and its various properties (antigens) in my natural environment. Every other intervention or therapeutic I am using is either no risk, bolsters my natural immune response, or provides relief from symptoms while my body does the doobly-do (as Doc Sully would say. Maybe).

I'm not going to show up to a welfare check on an elderly female living alone in full battle rattle, and I have the luxury of knowing that said armor and weapon has been thoroughly proven, empirically and in testing, to be effective for the appropriate threat. After I recover from this, I will be afforded the same protections from SARS-COV-2 et al.

My wife has a fever with flu-like body aches, and is taking ivermectin equal to .4mg/kg of bodyweight per day. I have some exceptionally mild symptoms, so I broke down and took some Alka-Seltzer. Her sense of taste is diminished, but not gone. Mine is perfectly fine. I'm even monitoring my own pulse ox, and it runs between 96-100% throughout the day. If she has trouble breathing I will check hers, and then if we need it she can go get the monoclonal antibody treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Exactly!
    I had a conversation yesterday with a close friend of mine who is a doctor here in Israel. He admits to me that there exists a conspiracy but that it is beyond him to fight it. "Best to fit in and try and ride it out, because we don't have a chance to take them on" he told me. I flipped out at him and said "you are a person that rabbis and people of influence would listen to. How can you stand aside and watch as we use our children as guinea pigs in this ridiculous experiment that we already know cause a multitude of serious side effects, and that these costs outweigh any benefit by orders of magnitude. All for a disease that IS NOT dangerous to children, period!."
    He just stayed silent and changed the conversation nonchalant like.
    This was a man I held in high regards. Now, I look at him no more than toilet paper!
    At the risk of sounding like a faux Buddhist, you should be grateful to the guy in a way. Look at it this way. You have made numerous choices in your life, which led you to where you are now. Without a doubt, you questioned many of those choices. This guy gave you a glimpse of something else - at least all of your choices didn't lead you to accept the same belief that he holds. At least you are not a government's bitch. Plus you pulled 500!

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I've obviously had the gamut of injections given my military service and overseas deployments, and despite recent issues of vaccine safety... I still have enjoyed a long history of severe vaccine reaction. I've had influenza twice, and neither were worse than the mandatory flu vaccines I received. Actually, even though it is specifically contraindicated for me, the military still forced me to receive the nasal flu vaccine for three years of my service.

I have dealt with over two dozen exposures to SARS-COV-2 and its variants in both my line of work and in general interaction. That's just the ones I'm aware of, mind you. We have no idea where our current exposure was. And I also do wear body armor with more than just soft armor. I have various levels at the ready to deal with threats on a cost-benefit analysis basis and as time permits me to don my plates. Just as I have a patrol rifle in addition to my pistol, but I don't even respond to every firearms call with my patrol rifle slung or at low ready because there's a whole world of overlapping spectra that drive those decisions.

The most reliable data we have, and even the data from the vaccine manufacturers themselves, shows that it would do me virtually no good. Since we are two years into this mess, I have assumed the predominant variants are either the ones we've identified or more local mutations. Why would I risk injury to my health with a relatively well-proven known-bad medicine when the current variant exposure is less deadly and more transmissible? Perhaps even MORE deadly and transmissible if you are vaccinated. Why would I take a medicine with such an obvious (and dubious) failure rate that will cause irreversible damage to my immune system and the way it responds to ALL variants? I'm getting exactly what I want now: IF I am to be infected THEN I want to be infected without a vaccine so that my body is exposed to exactly the virion and its various properties (antigens) in my natural environment. Every other intervention or therapeutic I am using is either no risk, bolsters my natural immune response, or provides relief from symptoms while my body does the doobly-do (as Doc Sully would say. Maybe).

I'm not going to show up to a welfare check on an elderly female living alone in full battle rattle, and I have the luxury of knowing that said armor and weapon has been thoroughly proven, empirically and in testing, to be effective for the appropriate threat. After I recover from this, I will be afforded the same protections from SARS-COV-2 et al.

My wife has a fever with flu-like body aches, and is taking ivermectin equal to .4mg/kg of bodyweight per day. I have some exceptionally mild symptoms, so I broke down and took some Alka-Seltzer. Her sense of taste is diminished, but not gone. Mine is perfectly fine. I'm even monitoring my own pulse ox, and it runs between 96-100% throughout the day. If she has trouble breathing I will check hers, and then if we need it she can go get the monoclonal antibody treatment.
    Yep I know the Military get vaxed out of existence and the older you get the less effective vaccines are. I have been vaccinated for most stuff under the sun and I have never really had any severe reaction except for the mild fever and aches, but is just the immune system working anyway.

Thanks for the up front reply, take some emergency stand down and take care of your Mrs.

Gilead can you have a look at this in response to your link?

What the heck happened to The BMJ? | Science-Based Medicine

My take on mandates:

This morning when I woke up, it was 8 below zero degrees F. I put on my winter clothing - winter coat, gloves, stocking hat, boots, etc to take the dog outside to play some fetch. As we were playing, I looked down the yards and seen some kids playing in the snow. They too were dressed similar. I looked the other way and seen a neighbor shoveling his driveway and he had the same type of clothing.

Later I drove into town and everyone person had some type of winter clothing on.

Now is there a mandate in my area to dress this way? The answer is no. Why? Because there doesn't need to be. Everyone knows you will get frostbite or even die without it.

If it is a sensible thing to do, the benefits are clear, and the risks are evident, there is no need for mandates.

None of these can be answered with all of the covid stuff.

Lastly, I did have covid. Tested hot (for however accurate those "tests"are). Fever, body aches, fatigue, cough, and loss of smell. It lasted for 4 days (loss of smell was for a little over a week). I still did everything I could and rested when I couldn't. I did not panic and did not give into the fear mongering. I treated it the same as any other time I had an "unknown upper respiratory infection". I am fine. My family was fine. There was nothing about that made me believe I had to go get the shots.

Again, mandates do not replace common sense and intellectual thought.

Wal, you ask what's the difference between PPE and the covid shit?

PPE works, it's not harmful to you, and if harm is caused by you, you'll get treated for it, not a battery of tests and discharged for "anxiety" or told you're making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    There is a term - that I cannot think of - that refers to the fact that every human in history believes he/she is living at the pinnacle crossroads of human existence. That present events are the final determining factor in civilizations success or doom.

Looking at it from this perspective, it is hard to see concern about Covid/inflation/democrats in Washington are any different from the caveman believing the next thunderstorm was it for him.

In 100 years, people will be here carrying in just fine without any of us. However they too will believe human existence will be finally facing its defeat if “x” happens.
    I believe the term for this is "whig history" or the idea that human history is an unchanging, ever linearly moving away from the brutal past to the enlightened present. It's a uniquely progressive view of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    What Jenni is feeling is a natural, evolutionarily proper impulse to put physical distance between her & her family, and these stupid, harmful people - and you're right, the US Gov have been very transparent about inventing the "Domestic Terrorist" designation, ahead of time, to prevent this from ever happening on US soil in the future. It's the same reason this why this mythological "White Supremacist" label has been pushed. Again, I feel the need to say this every time, a lot of you place the blame squarely on the vaguely communistic "Left" for this "cultural Marxism" but 25 year old post-grads with blue hair and preferred pronouns are not the ones who have spent billions of their own dollars to subvert the nation.

Paul Singer, George Soros, Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg are of WALL STREET. Every single one of them has put massive amounts of their money behind the things which we complain about here, and not a single of them wants communism. Quite the opposite. Look at how their money is interwoven with the levers of power, and that includes the last guy you voted for to be president. Go back and pick a major event of the 20th century, including the rise of communism in Russia, and you will find Wall St. capitalists funding it. Communism was just the tool they used last century, and whether they’re funding tools like pro-immigration/anti-white propaganda, gun control, or woke shit- you name it – all of it has one shared goal. A deliberate undermining of national sovereignty.

Secession might be off the table for you and me, Jenni, but they succeeding in pulling apart the United States in greater ways, and this is all the "Great Reset" refers to… a move away from national sovereignty towards global governance.

Putting a fumbling Joe Biden there is only furthering the aim the handing-over of governance to military contractors, Big Tech and Wall St. His incompetence justifies it. You could argue there isn't even an administration currently. All of your presidents, red or blue, continue to sign the emergency powers brought in after 9/11, and when people say Covid-19 is the new 9/11, it really is true.

Donald Trump extends Proclamation 7463, post-9/11 emergency powers

Any future US president will continue to adhere to whatever is demanded of him from the architects of this current pandemic psy-op, too. It's looking like the strategic goal of this milestone is increased public compliance with the idea of a digital ID, in the form of a "vaccine passport". It actually doesn't need to be physically implemented for these last two years to have been considered a total success, as long as people are vaguely aware of it and are no longer skittish when it’s mentioned.

Likewise, I predict the future goal behind the decision of world central banks to continue pushing the debt higher (knowing inevitable consequences of this) will be a move over to a central bank digital currency (for which you will need a digital ID, of course) and whoever sits in the White House at that moment will sign-off on that as well.

To prove the point further, the reason why Joe Biden knelt is completely irrelevant: Fact Check-Photo does not show Biden kneeling before Israeli President ‘pledging support’ | Reuters

Joe Biden doesn't even know why Joe Biden does what he does, so in that way he is the perfect candidate for the job, but the important fact is this photo was allowed to be circulated in public - and this was permitted by the tightest security in the nation. Why? What is the received message, and what effect does this have on our minds?

Those two books by Cialdini are a great read in these times, anticausal. When you previously mentioned the people who are operating at the level of “wizardry” in society, it got a lot of scoffs from people here who are very smart but missed the point. Bafflingly, even after everything we’ve seen in the last 2 years, they will still not accept that people in general are completely malleable, can be moved, and simply do not behave in the real world as self-interested individuals. Tribal and group behaviour is not a bug, it is a known feature of humans throughout history - and very cynical, intelligent people have found a way to exploit this, while at the same time convincing the conservative right that they are simply above "hive mind" group thinking. The American conservative right used to be the last line of political defence for traditional, heritage America, but now it has been hijacked and tells its supporters how they can somehow "own the libs" by trying appear to appear more woke and tolerant, more liberal and less conscious of race (DR3) than their opponents - and in the process, they conserve absolutely nothing at all.

Unfortunately, Jenni, I think the only solution is to reach out to these masked idiots and ride the tiger for a while longer. The solution definitely isn't political right now. We can't ride the tiger forever, though, and there will be time when we will have to actually become the tiger.
    Cialdini books are great, I'd also suggest some of the newer books by Scott Adams, he frequently references Cialdini's books, as well as covers the same ground from a more day to day and less academic fashion.

I think it's helpful and accurate enough (not 100% accurate obviously) to classify these billionaires as "globalists" in the fact that they are united by a belief and desire to transcend national structures to supra national power structures. The EU, the WEF, the WHO etc etc.

Although as Winston references above, whilst this trend from national to supranational might be inevitable, I highly doubt this current crop will be it, the wave will come in, and recede, but ultimately the tide is coming in and the next wave will be a little higher.

Not that people will notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Never mind. A county by county voting map of your state tells the tale. Not only is Jackson in a blue county, it has blue counties on 3 of 4 sides of it. Interestingly, it also shows most of the blue counties along the Mississippi River as blue. Which backstops a correlation between big bodies of water in the US on the coasts and the Great Lakes and blue voters. Must be something in the drinking water treatment plants.
    Yep. Politics follows race divisions down here. Where the black folks are the majority is also where the Dems are a majority. That's in Jackson and somewhat the surrounding areas, (though NOT Madison) and in the Delta and along the river. The college towns like Oxford are a slightly different story- Dem for different reasons. But mostly race can predict voting here. As I said in another post, our mayor here fancies himself the "most radical mayor in the US." Yes, I think a lot about moving. But right now- where to? It feels like this shit is everywhere. My long term plan is off the grid but I don't see anything in the middle improving the situation. And off the grid only helps me- it doesn't prevent the bullshit -- it's just a personal respite.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I don't think anything like that "national divorce" idea is gonna work out, not without violence.
    I don't desire violence. Far from it. I'd prefer to be left alone but if pushed I will not bend. My lack of willingness to bend feels - day by day- more dangerous. I hope to be wrong but I prepare to be right.
    I agree with Francesco. If so many are tired of this shit why are we still at it? Why is this discussion even necessary? Why are we playing this pretend bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    start working towards the pertinent goal, getting on Vishnu’s good side, because he is told to offer absolution
    I don't need absolution. Whatever I've done, good or bad, it's mine. I own it. It belongs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a faux Buddhist, you should be grateful to the guy in a way. Look at it this way. You have made numerous choices in your life, which led you to where you are now. Without a doubt, you questioned many of those choices. This guy gave you a glimpse of something else - at least all of your choices didn't lead you to accept the same belief that he holds. At least you are not a government's bitch. Plus you pulled 500!
    Be careful Jovan, you are starting to sound like a man who studies and preaches Chassidic thought.
    Maybe that Jew juice you took a while ago has infected you

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    But yeah, Commander, for YOUR situation, I'd just withdraw from society as much as possible without materially affecting your life, cuz if you just don the muzzle at the gym entrance to get in, if you just comply A LITTLE BIT with madness, to get by, well, that MADNESS will only grow in its scope. How far would you conceivably go; would you get jabbed for a QR code to do your training? Hell no; right!? So, acquiring your own weights, living further from cities, homeschooling, maintaining your health on your own, finding entrepreneurial skills to make a living off of (and what else?) - these are all things we should be working on NOW to be better prepared for the madness mandates society will be imposing in order to participate in it in the near future.
    I do not have enough money to have that much control over my living situation that I can just buy home gym equipment and set that up. Cutting yourself off from society is not a great way to make money. You can say "just do this" all you want, it is nowhere near as simple as you make it sound.