starting strength gym
Page 1806 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 80613061706175617961804180518061807180818161856190623062806 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,060 of 30184

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I'm not one to beg for money. That's just about what keeps me here, money. Takes some foundation of cash to uproot and setup elsewhere.
    Are you thinking creatively? An early 401k withdrawal is all it probably takes to switch countries, even.

And as for my "withdraw from society" comment, I think you pictured it too literally, is why you thought it impossible to do. Don't you try to skip or zone out during sexual harassment or cognitive bias trainings at work? Or remain silent at the water cooler when co-workers blather on about politics (you live in NY, after all)? Those are already steps you've taken to withdraw from society, without even realizing it.

So, what else could be done to insulate oneself from the coming Madness Mandates?
    If both spouses work, one quits to homeschool instead.
    If you live in a blue hive (Denninger's term), find work you can do remotely, to move the hell out.
    Find friends and family who think like you about the Madness Mandates, and socialize only with them.
    Used to fly places, domestically & internationally? Get used to local trips and using Zoom for those you won't be visiting in person anymore.
    etc.

The main point here is that doing as little as possible to satisfy the Madness Mandates, in order to remain in their society, is a futile gameplan, because the Madness will only continue multiplying so long as enough people keep entertaining it.

Oh yeah and a home training setup, as expensive as it might be, is only, what, the cost of XX months of a gym membership? That's one way of thinking about it!
    Good luck, Commander!

So far, it doesn't seem to be working very well, but they are absolutely desperate to get the fear back up to 2020 levels:

Just when it seemed like life would return to normal, we could be entering the worst part of the pandemic. Omicron will hit home for all of us. Close friends of mine now have it, and I’ve canceled most of my holiday plans.

Omicron is spreading faster than any virus in history. It will soon be in every country in the world.
    Great job those international flight mandates did!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Maybe you could be a coach. We're hiring.
    It's been a goal of mine. I don't think I have the experience to nail the certification yet though. My plan up until this point was to work the current job, scrape together a solid pool of savings, and then hopefully by then the world will be less insane and I could actually manage to travel down there for a seminar. But now the world seems to want to get crazier, and my job now won't even let me work pending a civil service review. Isn't that something? My boss singled me out as a good worker and offered me the ability to test for a coveted full time position (with all the government benefits and everything), and the results of the test now mean I can't even work the part time position I started with. All thanks to some faceless bureaucrat I will never meet.

I'm a bit worked up over it, it kinda just got laid on me and I just got home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do the nasal wash protocol that Peter McCullough stole from the Japanese: about a teaspoon of povidone iodine in a cup of warm normal saline. Caught early enough, it kills all of the shit in your throat before it gets to your lungs.
    We've been using Listerine daily because we also like our teeth (so we do that anyway) and it helps with tonsillitis. At about a 70-80% efficacy, we're pretty sure that 1) the virus hit our lungs a long time ago given it's an ARV and 2) if we develop follow-on bacterial infections we'll get z-packs as you do.

I will recommend it to the family, though, because at least one of them seems to be coming down with it, and the doctor told them that virtually everyone here is catching it right now -- vaccinated or otherwise. Score one point in the "right, but miserable about it" category for me and the Mrs. In fact, our new most likely vector (being tested by long antigen and blood serum) is likely the person who caught the original virus very only on two years ago.

It screams to me that a virus with at least 30 mutations, an unstable error correcting protein, and mild to moderate symptoms in the general population of all ages is just that... yet another respiratory virus.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I'm not. I'm struggling like hell to turn my part time job into a full time one, currently bureaucrats are fighting to keep that from happening and I am stressing a lot that I might lose even the part time job entirely. It is not easy to find work around here. It's going to get even harder if the supreme court doesn't pull through.
    We're hiring too. (Though, not as fun as being a coach!) I don't know any place that isn't. I've been working 14 and 16 hour shifts because like everywhere else we're short on help. I imagine I'm not the only forum member who could help hook you up. I even have an extra car just sitting out there I have to go and drive around the block every now and then to keep the seals from drying out. Let us know how we can help, dude. This is what networking and parallel communities are for.

The mechanisms of action of ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2—an extensive review
    NATURE- 21 December 2021

The mechanisms of action of ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2?an extensive review | The Journal of Antibiotics

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    It is the Kali Yuga.

Prediction: The proposed “free” home COVID tests will be a debacle.

One reason is forecasting the number per month needed.

Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    So far, it doesn't seem to be working very well, but they are absolutely desperate to get the fear back up to 2020 levels:

Great job those international flight mandates did!
    And what is the current Omicron death count?

starting strength coach development program
    Adding povidone iodine to my preps, good for lots of ailments.

On a positive note, my family had our annual Christmas party on Sunday. My 4 daughters run the spectrum from Christian conservative to University of Michigan liberals (which cost me a shit ton of money, by the way, before I realized education = indoctrination now).

Anywho, even though there have been heated discussions about the coof and FJB previously amongst us, we all had food, drink and great company all night. No one said shit about coof or vaccines, or masks, from either perspective.

We watched old home videos and had a great time!