starting strength gym
Page 181 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 811311711791801811821831912312816811181 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 30184

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You can’t fix a problem with shitty data.
    lol

Shitty data got us into this mess by dammit shitty data will get us out!

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoLawerence View Post
    Those increases occurred in 1 week's time. It wasn't that long ago. It was < 3 months ago when the number of cases in the US was only 1.
    In less than 3 months South Dakota has gone from 0 cases to 1400 cases. Even if it increases by 1000% in one week, South Dakota will only be at 14,000 cases. The number of deaths will be a tiny fraction of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    That is about the usual case fatality rate cited for flu, not infection fatality rate. Both case and infection fatality rates are higher for COVID than for typical seasonal influenza.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    What are these rates?
    Do you mean what are the actual numbers or what is the difference between case and infection rates?

Infection fatality rate=percentage of people infected with the virus who die from it. This includes asymptomatic people, and to determine this you have to test a random sample of the population.

Case fatality rate=percentage of people with actual illness who die from it. To determine this you only count people who got tests when they were sick.

CFR is the measure most commonly used, because it’s available in the normal course of business. To get IFR you have to spend research money testing healthy people and make sure you test a sample that is representative of the population you are trying to learn about.

Unless an illness is 100% fatal, CFR is always higher than IFR. So when comparing two illnesses it’s important to compare the same statistic.

Sorry if I just explained something obvious. I wasn’t sure which question you asked, so I answered the one I could do off the top of my head, not the one that I would have to look up, as I am on my phone between sets and that’s no time to be doing lit searches.

There seem to be plenty of people with numbers at hand around here, so I’ll leave the math to them.

In reference to my earlier post regarding why people might be less than ecstatic about the use of hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...699v1.full.pdf

Look on the bright side. Last month was the first March without a school shooting in 18 years.

COVID-19: Data - NYC Health

NYC numbers under Daily Counts. Looks like they're a couple of days behind. Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Do you mean what are the actual numbers or what is the difference between case and infection rates?.
    My apologies. My question was - what is the case and infection fatality rates for COVID and how much higher are they than for typical seasonal influenza?

CDC now considers all flu's Covid 19. We are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Look on the bright side. Last month was the first March without a school shooting in 18 years.
    Give it time, we'll make up for the lost numbers as the economic decline sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post

I think the simplest measurement of a country's success/failure in responding to the crisis based on the “death” argument alone will depend on the percentage of increase in a country's death rate at the end of the year against the previous 5 year average. Rank each country in percentage order and check each country's decision to put in place a lockdown or take a more relaxed approach. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until the end of 2020 to truly determine each country's success in dealing with the crisis. Time will tell.
    Looks like there's going to be an annoying confound to deal with. I believe that some places are now actually experiencing lower than normal death rates because of less accidents/homicide, and less healthcare industry induced deaths.

starting strength coach development program
    Czech delivery people and postal workers can now respond to domestic violence during quarantine - Prague, Czech Republic

Let me be perfectly clear here before I regret failing to me too-proof anything I say that might one day potentially be misconstrued: I'm not against this idea in principle, but holy shit Big Brother is real. I'm disappointed. This is exactly the sort of Gestapo-esque thinking that the legendary Czech resistance fought so valiantly against during WWII. R.I.P. UVOD.