COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1814

starting strength gym
Page 1814 of 2310 FirstFirst ... 814131417141764180418121813181418151816182418641914 ... LastLast
Results 18,131 to 18,140 of 23093

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #18131
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    The Biden admin says the vex must receive due gratitude. Surely it would’ve been worse without it.
    Every midwit is saying this. I’ve heard them say it. It’s a master stroke to them, because the contrary argument is based on people they politically and culturally and intellectually detest.

    Merry Christmas to all you kings. We will be spending it home, by ourselves, because my kids were sent home after they closed their school and they have to “now quarantine” until next week. No big Christmas Eve party because of midwits.

  2. #18132
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,669

  3. #18133
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...3_21_09_16.pdf

    This is the United Kingdom government report on Covid19 released 9/17/21. I was curious if my logic is faulty here, or anyone else has noticed this. If you turn your attention to pages 19-20, you can see outcomes compared based on vaccination status. At the bottom of the chart are the death counts. If you look at total death counts for fully vaccinated (>14 days post 2nd dose), you can see 1613 deaths. If you look at unvaccinated, you can see 722 total deaths. For a grand total of 2335 total deaths. Of these 2 groups, this would mean 69% of deaths were fully vaccinated folks, and 31% would be for the unvaccinated folks.

    Is my logic here sound or am I missing something?
    This assumes that the risk of death from a case is equivalent between the two groups, but it is not. The vaccinated group is much older and heavily skewed towards the people most likely to die from COVID. The vaccines reduce the risk of death in that population, but it is still higher than the healthy, young, unvaccinated group.

  4. #18134
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Just wait till the coof crisis wears out on we the people. Next will be the climate emergency and more mandates and lockdowns. After that, who knows? Alien invasion, meteor strike, nukes a flyin?

    Whatever keeps people afraid, probably.
    Climate lockdowns are a stereotypical crime syndicate diversion, created specifically to induce panic in the dissenting population. Why would a climate lockdown be necessary, there is already a plan to fund the battle for climate change with at least 130 trillion of your tax dollars, all to be financed with existing inflation. If anything, they may explain the need for the dollars with the specific purpose of preventing lockdowns down the road.

  5. #18135
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    So there's someplace even the government of New York will not go? Hard to believe, actually.

    This is perfect. We live in the middle of the stupidest bunch of people to ever infest the surface of the earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Based on my very shallow analysis using Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research - Our World in Data

    Population = 67220000
    Vaxed 69% = 46,381,800
    Unvaxed 31% = 20,838,200

    Under 50 death
    Vaxed (post 14 days) = 48
    Unvaxed = 132

    Over 50 death
    Vaxed ( post 14 days) = 1565
    Unvaxed = 590

    (The whole post 14 day thing is a serious problem on its own right)

    Over 50 percentage
    Vaxed= 0.003%
    Unvaxed = 0.003%
    ( population cohort number for that demographic unknown. I am using the total population number as the denominator.)

    Under 50 percentage
    Vaxed ( post 14 days)= 0.0001%
    Unvaxed = 0.00063%
    Absolute % = practically 0 ( everything is ok let everyone move on and live a normal frikin life)

    Relative % = 600% increase for the unvaxed (OMG the unvaxed are dying in the droves. Pandemic of the unvaxed etc ....)

    (Disclaimer:
    Take note that I am using the total population number as the denominator simply because I don't know the population number for those age categories. )


    Total population
    Percentage of death from vaxed cohort = 0.0035 %
    Percentage of death from unvaxed cohort = 0.0035 %

    Another point to take note of:
    Remember this is only death and does not include adverse events, which in some cases, one could argue is worse than death.

    Conclusion:
    While my analysis is flawed simply because I don't have access to all numbers that I need. A pattern does arise. And that is. Let's just all move on and live life. Stop the mandates vax passports and lockdowns. They simply don't work!
    Whoever wants to stick this shit in their veins or deltoids (same thing). You have the right to do it, it's your life. Just leave me alone in making my decision not to take it.
    There is nothing in your linked data that addresses deaths or hospitalizations. Please clarify the source of this part of your post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Every midwit is saying this. I’ve heard them say it. It’s a master stroke to them, because the contrary argument is based on people they politically and culturally and intellectually detest.

    Merry Christmas to all you kings. We will be spending it home, by ourselves, because my kids were sent home after they closed their school and they have to “now quarantine” until next week. No big Christmas Eve party because of midwits.
    https://media.patriots.win/post/2RYRACdU4BVj.jpeg
    https://media.patriots.win/post/2NpKMva98Cp0.jpeg

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    The vaccinated group is much older and heavily skewed towards the people most likely to die from COVID.
    How do you know this? And do you claim that this explains away the conclusions from the whole data set?

  6. #18136
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Every midwit is saying this. I’ve heard them say it. It’s a master stroke to them, because the contrary argument is based on people they politically and culturally and intellectually detest.

    Merry Christmas to all you kings. We will be spending it home, by ourselves, because my kids were sent home after they closed their school and they have to “now quarantine” until next week. No big Christmas Eve party because of midwits.
    Fundamentally, it is the invisible cat fallacy. Here is how Lewis states it:

    “We are arguing like a man who should say, if there were an invisible cat in that empty chair, the chair would look empty; but the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it.“

    But rocks fit better, since it’s more obvious possession.

  7. #18137
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Fundamentally, it is the invisible cat fallacy. Here is how Lewis states it:

    “We are arguing like a man who should say, if there were an invisible cat in that empty chair, the chair would look empty; but the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it.“

    But rocks fit better, since it’s more obvious possession.
    The two most widely used logical fallacies in the covid scam are post hoc, ergo propter hoc (after this, so because of this) and cum hoc, ergo propter hoc (before this, so because of this). They used to teach those in high school, I guess people never paid attention.

  8. #18138
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Just tested positive in NC myself. Sore/scratchy throat and achy. Started feeling bad yesterday. At inlaw's home. She 70+ with HBP. I'll be spending Christmas in the bedroom.......

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Good grief. Worst sinus infection of my life in my upper sinus, and my mouth constantly tastes like earwax. Turns out the wife also did have an ear infection, likely. The tizzy over COVID got in the way of that diagnosis, though.

    The kids are fine, though, so the wife and I will give them the best Christmas we can, all stuck in the house.

  9. #18139
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is perfect. We live in the middle of the stupidest bunch of people to ever infest the surface of the earth.
    The problem isn't so much the stupid. They've always been with us, but we used to treat them like idiots. Now we've somehow been hypnotized into treating them like valid and important members of society. In this way, the stupid-adjacent cannot see valid signals of who to follow, so they join the rank stupid who they see as being validated. In other words, I believe we have a problem of a critical mass of the intelligent betraying the stupid-adjacent with their unwillingness to show leadership in resisting the stupidity.

    Example:

    "Bret is struggling with mask compliance"

    No, Bret is struggling with his fear of standing out and going against a mob. He's complying just fine. It's fascinating to watch this guy fully grasp what the mask means, yet remain so terrified of offending stupid people that he participates in what he consciously knows is evil (his own words). He's sitting around waiting for a magical solution that doesn't involve him feeling uncomfortable in public. This is a failure of courage and conviction, not intelligence. In fact, his intelligence is only getting in the way by rationalizing his cowardice. I think there are tons of intelligent people without a platform who feel just like Bret, but remain silent, controlled and uncounted. This is their fault more than the stupid. "To whom much is given, much will be required."

    Of course, there are also evil manipulators at work in all this, but they already understand these weaknesses and leverage them well.

    -----------

    Merry Christmas to all the regulars and forum lurkers, especially those whose family members have succumbed to the fear spells. This evil will be avenged.

  10. #18140
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    435

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How do you know this? And do you claim that this explains away the conclusions from the whole data set?
    Figure 7: https://assets.publishing.service.go..._-_week_51.pdf

    Please specify which conclusions you mean.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •