starting strength gym
Page 1817 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 81713171717176718071815181618171818181918271867191723172817 ... LastLast
Results 18,161 to 18,170 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What else do you need to know? I applaud the NZ Government for being honest about its intentions. And I look forward to their PM volunteering to be first.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    That myocarditis Nature paper I posted has been updated with more data. It now estimates that, for males under 40, the 2nd dose of any vaccine poses a greater myocarditis risk than COVID-19. Moderna, in particular, is an order of magnitude worse.
    Let's read the revised abstract, here in our echo chamber:

In an updated self-controlled case series analysis of 42,200,614 people aged 13 years or more, we evaluate the association between COVID-19 vaccination and myocarditis, stratified by age and sex, including 10,978,507 people receiving a third vaccine dose. Myocarditis risk was increased during 1-28 days following a third dose of BNT162b2 (IRR 2.02, 95%CI 1.40, 2.91). Associations were strongest in males younger than 40 years for all vaccine types with an additional 3 (95%CI 1, 5) and 12 (95% CI 1,17) events per million estimated in the 1-28 days following a first dose of BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273, respectively; 14 (95%CI 8, 17), 12 (95%CI 1, 7) and 101 (95%CI 95, 104) additional events following a second dose of ChAdOx1, BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273, respectively; and 13 (95%CI 7, 15) additional events following a third dose of BNT162b2, compared with 7 (95%CI 2, 11) additional events following COVID-19 infection. An association between COVID-19 infection and myocarditis was observed in all ages for both sexes but was substantially higher in those older than 40 years. These findings have important implications for public health and vaccination policy.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Throat hurts a little bit. I do have the iodine, but I think it's irritated my throat so I will stop that. I dont have IVM with me but can get some if needed. I left my liquid container (from the TSC) at home.
    You don't seem to be thinking clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    I wouldn’t hold your breath. This place is an echo chamber of anti vax / anti government thought.
    We certainly cannot have anti government thought!

@gilead - I keep telling you that the South Africa omicron thing is a sign of winding the whole thing down. You can't pursue an indefinite Covid emergency with all the millions of people in the streets and a looming global general strike. Pretty soon people will start figuring out that the vaccine numbers are fudged, so you gotta start wrapping everything up slowly. You can't wrap it up too fast, because we are in an emergency, what kind of government would just let its citizens get infected?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Dude, your lockdown PC argument is unintended consequences.
    Yes.

I read an article recently that spun the myocarditis risk of the covid vaccine as being on par with the smallpox vaccine... but the article never mentioned that the smallpox fatality rate was 30%, vs covid's .06%.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Yes.
    There is no spoon

A Myth is Born: How CDC, FDA, and Media Wove a Web of Ivermectin Lies That Outlives The Truth

Here in our Echo Chamber, you saw it first:

When a Texas cattleman, seventy-nine, died last September in New Mexico after contracting covid, his family never anticipated the worldwide headlines that would ensue. In a ballyhooed press conference, New Mexico Human Services Secretary Dr. David Scrase, the state’s top health chief, announced New Mexico’s first ivermectin “overdose,” soon adding a second fatality allegedly from “ivermectin toxicity.”

Now, Scrase has acknowledged that his repeated, what he called “offhand,” assertions were groundless. Two deaths were not caused by ivermectin, a long-used generic drug that was emerging as a covid treatment. Instead, he said that the pair died because they “actually just delayed their care with covid.”

Not a single media outlet reported Scrase’s admission, even as dozens, including the The Hill and The New York Times, had eagerly covered his original assertions about ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2015. “I don’t want more people to die,” read one early headline, quoting Scrase. “It’s the wrong medicine for something really serious,” Scrase said in the Times article.
    And how dare these criminals call into question the independence of Facebook, one of our most sacred institutions, one we rely on for the facts, as opposed to Echo Chambers such as the website you're reading now?

Facebook Now Censoring the British Medical Journal Because New Science Goes Against Pfizer’s Lies and Deception – New York National Review

Fiona Godlee, the editor of The British Medical Journal (BMJ), has written a letter to Facebook (Meta) CEO Mark Zuckerberg blasting him for the social media platform’s “inaccurate, incompetent and irresponsible … fact-check” protocols that we now know are just a censorship tool.

One of the oldest and most highly respected scientific journals in the world, The BMJ recently published a report entitled, “Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial” that calls into question the “science” behind Pfizer’s Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19) “vaccine.” Because the report does not unquestioningly praise the jabs as “safe and effective,” Facebook “fact checked” it and deemed it as containing “false information.”

Starting on November 10, Facebook users who tried to share the article encountered problems. Many were unable to share it at all while others say the post was flagged with a warning that stated: “Missing context … Independent fact-checkers say this information could mislead people.” Still others were prompted with warnings advising them to not try to share “false information.”

It turns out that Facebook contractor “Lead Stories” was responsible for all this censorship. After learning what had happened, Godlee ripped Zuckerberg a new one, highlighting the following points about the so-called “fact check” in her letter to him:

It did not present any assertions of fact that The BMJ article supposedly got wrong.
    It used the following nonsensical title: “Fact Check: The British Medical Journal Did NOT Reveal Disqualifying And Ignored Reports Of Flaws In Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Trials.”
    The first paragraph inaccurately labeled The BMJ a “news blog.”
    A screenshot of The BMJ report that Facebook posted with a “Flaws Reviewed” stamp over the top of it failed to identify anything false or untrue.
    It published the story on its website under a URL that contains the phrase “hoax-alert.”
    Lead Stories was contacted by The BMJ concerning these and other issues but the company refused to make any changes.
    The BMJ also tried to contact Facebook directly about removing the “fact check,” but was refused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I read an article recently that spun the myocarditis risk of the covid vaccine as being on par with the smallpox vaccine... but the article never mentioned that the smallpox fatality rate was 30%, vs covid's .06%.
    The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.

Linking the NZ End of Life Choice Act to Covid is just stupid. In this case, Covid is just another disease and IMO remarkably unlikely to meet the thresholds of the act by itself.

The process for the act started, IIRC, about five years ago, and has been through a conscience vote in parliament and a full public referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    I wouldn’t hold your breath. This place is an echo chamber of anti vax / anti government thought. Anyone in disagreement is ridiculed as a moron. Forums where groupthink is enforced by the culture of the environment aren’t healthy for debate.
    Personally, I actively seek out views that are outside of the mainstream, whether I agree with them or not. There is material here that I have learnt from, stuff I disregard and some points I may try and rebut. Being informed of other points of view and other research is very useful.

Even being ridiculed has its purpose, it is very easy to be too confident in one’s own opinion.

From Echo Chamber News:

Vaccine effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 infection with the Omicron or Delta variants following a two-dose or booster BNT162b2 or mRNA-1273 vaccination series: A Danish cohort study | medRxiv

DISCUSSION
    VE against Omicron was 55.2% initially following primary BNT162b2 vaccination, but waned quickly thereafter. Although estimated with less precision, VE against Omicron after primary mRNA-1273 vaccination similarly indicated a rapid decline in protection. By comparison, both vaccines showed higher, longer-lasting protection against Delta. The negative estimates in the final period arguably suggest different behaviour and/or exposure patterns in the vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts causing underestimation of the VE. This was likely the result of Omicron spreading rapidly initially through single (super-spreading) events causing many infections among young, vaccinated individuals.

A recent study from England (in preprint) found higher effectiveness against symptomatic Omicron initially after BNT162b2 vaccination followed by a rapid decline in protection, and that VE increased to 75.5% (56.1 to 86.3%) two weeks after booster vaccination using unvaccinated individuals as comparison.

Our study contributes to emerging evidence that BNT162b2 or mRNA-1273 primary vaccine protection against Omicron decreases quickly over time with booster vaccination offering a significant increase in protection. In light of the exponential rise in Omicron cases, these findings highlight the need for massive rollout of vaccinations and booster vaccinations.
    To protect against a virus that doesn't kill anybody, or to prevent the acquisition of natural immunity that might useful against subsequent "variants"? A legitimate question, unfortunately.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

This may or may not be useful: More VC Nurses Blow Whistle on ‘Overwhelming’ Numbers of Heart Attacks, Clotting, Strokes - The Conejo Guardian

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Great Britain: Excess Mortality Among Children After Vaccine Rollout - RAIR

Following the government’s vaccine rollout, the UK’s Office of National Statistics shows that the number of deaths between week 38 and week 41 of 2021 among children aged 10-14 were 62% higher than the five-year average for the number of deaths in this age group during the same period. Furthermore, the increase in deaths began when children started receiving the experimental “vaccine.”

The trend of increasing deaths among children is continuing. More children in the age group 5-14 years died in week 43 of 2021 than usual. Data from the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) recently revealed that so many children died at the end of October that there was excess mortality.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Linking the NZ End of Life Choice Act to Covid is just stupid. In this case, Covid is just another disease and IMO remarkably unlikely to meet the thresholds of the act by itself.

The process for the act started, IIRC, about five years ago, and has been through a conscience vote in parliament and a full public referendum.
    The Catholics did that, not me. But I can see how they might be suspicious of Ms. Ardern's motives, given her recent pronouncements regarding The Pandemic.

More importantly, why would the people of New Zealand be under the impression that they don't have a right to end their own lives? Who taught them that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

More importantly, why would the people of New Zealand be under the impression that they don't have a right to end their own lives? Who taught them that?
    The act is more about making it legally clear that euthanasia is not murder under a set of circumstances. Of course you can’t effectively legislate about suicide, but without this is a doctor intentionally leaving a lethal dose of painkillers available would at least be serious malpractice and a Dr (or loved one) administering the dose would meet the legal definition of murder.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

You, sir, are a moron. You might even be an actual Doctor. A Doctor Moron. Dr. Moron. Redundant, actually.
    Case in point. Dissent not welcomed.

I don’t suggest the mainstream media is the place for actual debate either. I was just pointing out that if you hold opposing views from the majority here, you’re not engaged, you’re ridiculed. That’s fine - it’s your site and your followers. You can have it any way you want.