starting strength gym
Page 1836 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 83613361736178618261834183518361837183818461886193623362836 ... LastLast
Results 18,351 to 18,360 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What was your ivermectin/nasal lavage protocol?
    0.4mg/kg. I didn't really target nasal, but I've been using saline/neti rinses for years as needed. I don't know if it would've helped. I only say that because the main issues with the infection wouldn't have been effected. I've just never had issues with my lower sinuses and upper respiratory like I had for years with literally any other respiratory virus. It's just the fucking fever that won't die.

I'd be fine taking Ivermectin injection at 0.4-0.6 mg/kg day one, but all I had available was oral on day 3. I had absolutely zero side effects from Ivermectin, and would be willing to bet throwing more at the infection earlier would have a better clinical outcome, but it likely wouldn't have helped the wife much more than oral did.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 01-01-2022 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added leading zeros

The Australian government has admitted there have been at least 79,000 COVID-19 vaccine side effects and is now offering compensation to those seriously injured

Matty John suffered pericarditis after Pfizer vaccine, government offering compensation to some - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And there is only one explanation for this, and it's not stupidity. Stupid doesn't get a pass.

Let's do this the easy way. A horse and a human are both treated with ivermectin at the same mg/kg. The whole tube treats a 1250-pound horse at a prophylactic level. You weigh 270. So 0.216 or 1/5th the tube treats you at prophylaxis, and 2/5 of the tube treats active symptoms. Keep in mind that ivermectin is not a narrow-therapeutic-index drug, and that the LD50 is FAR higher than the treatment dose, so you have a huge buffer between treatment and death.
    That is 1/5 for worm prevention for 250 lbs and what is the frequency of the dosage, a day, a week a month?

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    .4mg/kg. I didn't really target nasal, but I've been using saline/neti rinses for years as needed. I don't know if it would've helped. I only say that because the main issues with the infection wouldn't have been effected. I've just never had issues with my lower sinuses and upper respiratory like I had for years with literally any other respiratory virus. It's just the fucking fever that won't die.
    That's what the Betadine added to the saline is for.

I'd be fine taking Ivermectin injection at .4-6 mg/kg day one, but all I had available was oral on day 3. I had absolutely zero side effects from Ivermectin, and would be willing to bet throwing more at the infection earlier would have a better clinical outcome, but it likely wouldn't have helped the wife much more than oral did.
    The treatment protocol is 40-60mg/day for 4 days. How many days did you take it?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    That is 1/5 for worm prevention for 250 lbs and what is the frequency of the dosage, a day, a week a month?
    Worm prevention. Fine, wal, just don't get covid.

Growing research chronicles toll COVID lockdowns imposed on children
    https://archive.ph/UkYic

Brown University study forecasts a generation with lower IQs, diminished social skills

The “overall impact of COVID-19 restrictions on the mental health and well-being of children and adolescents is likely to be severe,” an Oxford University professor warned in a recent analysis.

A study published by Brown University said lockdowns, mandates and other restrictions are likely to create a generation of children with lower IQs and signs of social brain damage.

Other studies have reported increased mental illnesses presenting among minors impacted by ongoing lockdown policies, stress and isolation from their peers

They concluded that children “born during the pandemic have significantly reduced verbal, motor, and overall cognitive performance compared to children born pre-pandemic,” with men and children in lower socioeconomic families being the most affected.

Another "conspiracy theory" confirmed, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Wal, David et al. aren't taking it for worms. Please try to keep up.

"0.4mg/kg. I didn't really target nasal, but I've been using saline/neti rinses for years as needed. I don't know if it would've helped. I only say that because the main issues with the infection wouldn't have been effected. I've just never had issues with my lower sinuses and upper respiratory like I had for years with literally any other respiratory virus. It's just the fucking fever that won't die."

David, have you tried NAC or Quercetin for the respiratory issues? Ginger tea is excellent as well.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Wal, David et al. aren't taking it for worms. Please try to keep up.
    Yes I understand that, I am and old guy, I am slow, however the active ingredient for say a 6gm tube at 1.87% would about 100mg I guess and 1/5th of that would be about 20mg, so at 0.15mg per kg would be for a guy at 122Kg (270lbs)would be about 18mg and that is a one off dose (for parasites) so is this sufficient for the prevention of Covid? How long do you need to keep the 1/5th dosage for, once per day?