starting strength gym
Page 1838 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 83813381738178818281836183718381839184018481888193823382838 ... LastLast
Results 18,371 to 18,380 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark and Stef two of the hardest working Texan folk in Texas, (why you two never got married I do not know) I thank you.

I am getting out of my comfort zone here and I am asking questions that are well outside my training as a Technical Officer, I am use to dealing with chasing electrons down copper wire than this stuff. I was always taught always, always! without fail! prove that the High Voltage source your working on is dead and grounded before you starting work on it, as we use to say one flash and your ash. Does not the effectiveness of Ivermectin depend on the blood plasma levels? And what happens if it gets into the central nervous system at a high dose level? Also is there not a risk at higher concentrations in people with a liver condition?

Thank you Mark and Stef, for this display of patience. Wal, please stop on this topic, now.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I was tired of going to the pharmacy, and our povidone iodine was 4 years out of date.
    I understand about the pharmacy. But for future reference, your povidone iodine doesn't go "out of date" any more than your salt does.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Does not the effectiveness of Ivermectin depend on the blood plasma levels? And what happens if it gets into the central nervous system at a high dose level? Also is there not a risk at higher concentrations in people with a liver condition?
    One more time, wal, and that's all. There have been more than 4 billion doses administered to humans over the past ~40 years. Has it happened yet? Why would it be different now? Because you believe your government when they say ugly things about ivermectin?

I know what you are going say, Yes, well what about those vaccines you have been taking, what about their effect? My reply is, I have been vaccinated since I was a kid for just about everything (hang on a minute Mark) and you may well say but Covid "vaccines" are not vaccines and I would say yep, no vaccine is a vaccine since the original cow pox vaccine came out of a cow. So far I am still alive, I have had no adverse effects, but one day I might die from them, well maybe so, but I am nearly at my 3 score and ten anyway.
    This mindset seems to be common amongst people like you, Wal.

I've had all the vaccines beforehand and been fine so this one will probably be fine.

Do you understand that a "vaccine" is not a unified, single object, in the same way that "Car" does not refer to all cars. I have no problem with Cars or driving, but the 94 commodore I bought was a lemon because it had a crack in the radiator. That individual car was a lemon, but "cars" as a concept work fine.

The covid vaccine is not the same as the polio vaccine. They share a name which puts them in the same category, but they share no resembalance to each other in the same way that the Reds are not the same as the Blues in state of origin, despite both being rugby teams. One is fundamentally better than the other.

For the sake of philosophy, can you clarify that you understand the difference between 1 vaccine and another type of vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    This mindset seems to be common amongst people like you, Wal.
    You mean old folk like me right? Too old to learn, stuck in their ways, old buggers, they are a pain in the arse, right?

The reason the radiator split was you did too many burn outs at the lights, that is why it split, the chassis twisted from the torque and the radiator could not handle it. Be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    One more time, wal, and that's all. There have been more than 4 billion doses administered to humans over the past ~40 years. Has it happened yet? Why would it be different now? Because you believe your government when they say ugly things about ivermectin?
    No the Government here has not said anything bad about Ivermecton, on the contrary it has been outstanding for animal health and human conditions it was designed for, their objection is for the use in treating covid. Anyhow as you say that's all. Thank you Mark, go and enjoy the rest of New Year's day.

Stef look at it this way. I have two of Mark's publications, "Starting Strength" and "Practical Programing", both are nicely set out for dumb arses like me. If Mark and you produce a book from from your vast knowledge on the prevention and cure of viral diseases with repurposed drugs I would buy a copy, but just trying to get my head around this from this thread is not like training for strength with a ratio of a set of 5 where the worst thing I could do is drop the bloody thing on the floor and crack some of my nice tiles on my garage floor, this is the ingestion of chemical substances into your body where the long term effects of this drug are yet to be seen.

I know what you are going say, Yes, well what about those vaccines you have been taking, what about their effect? My reply is, I have been vaccinated since I was a kid for just about everything (hang on a minute Mark) and you may well say but Covid "vaccines" are not vaccines and I would say yep, no vaccine is a vaccine since the original cow pox vaccine came out of a cow. So far I am still alive, I have had no adverse effects, but one day I might die from them, well maybe so, but I am nearly at my 3 score and ten anyway.

You folk when it comes to strength training have perfected the Starting Strength model, well established, published and reviewed by many, but as far as taking and "trying" Ivermectin, well I will sit this one out at the moment.
    Ivermectin has been shown to be safer than many painkillers you have surely taken since you were a kid, like Aspirin.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Their contempt for us is being revealed at a level that I did not expect to see in my lifetime.
    What did you think before Covid, that the handlers only hated normal people a little bit? This is absurd in a way, if they had anything but the highest contempt for the victims of the scams, they would not be nearly as effective at the scams.

But did you notice how among the noise coming out of Israel, there are some mainstream reports mentioning “herd immunity”? Even two weeks ago, the forbidden phrase was only used in the context of hundreds of millions of deaths, and now we are almost there. I predict we will have the Covid hoax wrapped up by spring, with the next big pandemic hitting at about 2045-2050, with one or two smaller ones in between (for instance, you have to loot Eastern Asia a little, they were mostly left alone on this one).

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    ”Don’t try random things, it can make you dead.”

Words to live by.
    Does nobody in this accursed pharmaceutical injury have a soul anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Unless I missed it, I'm surprised no one posted this here yet. I haven't watched it yet, but Rip's bestie interviews Dr. Robert Malone. Anyone banned from twitter is probably worth hearing out.

Joe Rogan Interviews Dr. Robert Malone | Joe Rogan Podcast
    I understand if you don't like him, but it's not often you get to speak directly in front of 100 million people during a time where powerful forces are in play doing some wild shit. What damn platform is left that is not censored? What would be the harm in going on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Some use an experimental technology to produce a protein in your body that is directly toxic.
    If this is true, wouldn't it be a good idea to limit the expression of that protein in the cells throughout your respiratory and GI tracts?

The amount produced in the body varies, so the dosing is not tight.
    Do you have similar complaints of attenuated viral vaccines that are currently on the market?

All are made against a virus where previous vaccine attempts had gone horribly wrong.
    More specifically, there have been mixed results with other coronaviruses, including successful attempts using the S gene in animal models.

Are you or anyone else aware of side effects that have shown up months/years after other vaccines?

starting strength coach development program
    I have been following this thread since the beginning, the politics in particular.

My question on the medical side is, is it still true that the large majority of us are really not at risk (for severe COVID) and never were? And as such, wouldn’t getting “vaccinated” or not, as well as treating symptoms ,or not, be significantly smaller factors than age and preexisting conditions?

In other words, if the vast majority of us did and/or do nothing, our outcome is statistically unchanged? Is this claim defensible?