COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1842

starting strength gym
Page 1842 of 2177 FirstFirst ... 842134217421792183218401841184218431844185218921942 ... LastLast
Results 18,411 to 18,420 of 21766

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #18411
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2022
    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post

    Anyway, I did a little reading about betadine and Lugol's iodine. Besides a good dosage, what would be the risk of doing a nasal spray at home of the latter? Seems like it has both iodine and potassium iodide, and it is intended for internal use. Is the efficacy based around the element maintained?

    Might not be a bad thing to have in addition to betadine for topical. I know we collectively forget, but iodine supplementation used to be very important back when. It might still be.

    History of U.S. Iodine Fortification and Supplementation
    McCullough et al suggest hydrogen peroxide as a substitute, if betadine is not available. 1% soln, I think, but check that.

  2. #18412
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why would a 25-year-old athlete buy a life insurance policy?
    Because the league he plays for made him get all his COVID shots.

  3. #18413
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Anyway, I did a little reading about betadine and Lugol's iodine. Besides a good dosage, what would be the risk of doing a nasal spray at home of the latter? Seems like it has both iodine and potassium iodide, and it is intended for internal use. Is the efficacy based around the element maintained?

    Might not be a bad thing to have in addition to betadine for topical. I know we collectively forget, but iodine supplementation used to be very important back when. It might still be.
    I like the idea of a dilute exposure in normal saline to the mucosa. I washes off and doesn't just lay there and irritate your nose. Normal saline without iodine is what I use every morning. Feels nice to start the day with a clean schnozz.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Because the league he plays for made him get all his COVID shots.
    Good point. A perverse incentive.

  4. #18414
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It does mean that not all of the cops are willing to get into a gunfight with us -- an important distinction.
    That's probably why Pfizer is using military assets as collateral in some of their contracts. Look out for laws that are going to be attempted to be passed allowing for international virus control teams access to countries.

  5. #18415
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, maybe. He thinks my guns are kept where I can't get to them.
    Maybe? Maybe? I am taking about the more exotic variety, you know, the fully auto rifles, zip guns and shorted shotguns stored in the storm water drain pipe and a few rounds of A.P. stashed with some 15in bayonets and billy clubs under the floor. You Texas folk probably have small arsenals on your premises.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It seems to me wal is mostly bored. He barely follows the development of the hoax and is mostly using the discussion to tell personal stories.
    Well, that is what happens when you go senile. You know, you start to remissness about the old days as such.

  6. #18416
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And yet, here is the plan: Biden signs $137M deal for COVID test factory to start producing 83.3M tests a month in late 2024 | Daily Mail Online

    They'll be ready at the end of 2024. The Long Game.
    Fauci: CDC May Add Negative COVID-19 Test to Quarantine Guidelines
    “There has been some concern about why we don’t ask people at that five-day period to get tested. That is something that is now under consideration,” Fauci said. “The CDC is very well aware that there has been some pushback about that,” he added.
    Fauci added that when “looking at it again, there may be an option in that, that testing could be a part of that, and I think we’re going to be hearing more about that in the next day or so from the CDC
    .”

    In new preprint, researchers from Kaiser Permanente in Oregon show how rates of post-vaccine myocarditis may be underestimated by just using ICD10 diagnosis codes currently used by VSD (the official surveillance network).

    “We identified that the encounter text description methodology identified approximately twice as many cases of myopericarditis following COVID-19 mRNA vaccination.”

    For males following the 2nd dose the rate was found to be 537.1 per million or 1-in-1,862.

    Risk of Myopericarditis following COVID-19 mRNA vaccination in a Large Integrated Health System: A Comparison of Completeness and Timeliness of Two Methods | medRxiv

  7. #18417
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Village of Afton, Virginia
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Duck duck go didn't come up with anything remotely useful from the browser (wikipedia, for one)
    With Duck, Duck, you have to type in “Wiki” along with whatever you're searching.

  8. #18418
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    448

    Default

    To summarize their Table 1: VSD (what Grantham might consider "standard practice") completely misses 5/16 cases, and misses 9/16 unless you wait 2+ months for the data to settle. This is yet another paper whose myocarditis risk estimate (95/million) is an order of magnitude higher than initial claims.

    "Try a full-text search" is common sense. Meanwhile, the CDC's latest report casually tosses out 20% of VAERS incidents because "date of vaccination was unknown" - even though they track the entire period during which the vaccines were authorized.

  9. #18419
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    To summarize their Table 1: VSD (what Grantham might consider "standard practice") completely misses 5/16 cases, and misses 9/16 unless you wait 2+ months for the data to settle. This is yet another paper whose myocarditis risk estimate (95/million) is an order of magnitude higher than initial claims.

    "Try a full-text search" is common sense. Meanwhile, the CDC's latest report casually tosses out 20% of VAERS incidents because "date of vaccination was unknown" - even though they track the entire period during which the vaccines were authorized.
    I’m glad you’re here.

  10. #18420
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    430

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    (what Grantham might consider "standard practice")
    Lame. You're better than this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •