starting strength gym
Page 1848 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 84813481748179818381846184718481849185018581898194823482848 ... LastLast
Results 18,471 to 18,480 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Of course I don't mean this as an insult towards patriotic, heritage American citizens themselves, but the reason Europe and the entire West is having such a hard time is because post-war Americanism, a kind of fucked up liberalism championed by the mercantile class, was exported around the world, and imported here. The American military elite over there, for example, is completely subservient to the mercantile elite. The entirety of Europe is ultimately made of vassel states to the US empire.

It's pretty hard to hear Americans you admire blow raspberries at Europeans for being "weak". Gun ownership works great against overt, Hollywood-style tyrannies, but can't do shit about the WEF's economic revolutions planned for the next 20-30 years or demographic. Big capital controls the state.

Wherever you live, the mercantile elite are in charge.

The only chance for change is a multi-polar world arising where the US empire loses its hegemony.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    The only chance for change is a multi-polar world arising where the US empire loses its hegemony.
    Give that another couple of months. When China takes Taiwan and we sit here with our thumbs in our asses/when Putin takes the pieces of the Ukraine he's been wanting for years while we do absolutely nothing about it, the world changes.

Maybe things will be better then.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Of course I don't mean this as an insult towards patriotic, heritage American citizens themselves, but the reason Europe and the entire West is having such a hard time is because post-war Americanism, a kind of fucked up liberalism championed by the mercantile class, was exported around the world, and imported here. The American military elite over there, for example, is completely subservient to the mercantile elite. The entirety of Europe is ultimately made of vassel states to the US empire.

It's pretty hard to hear Americans you admire blow raspberries at Europeans for being "weak". Gun ownership works great against overt, Hollywood-style tyrannies, but can't do shit about the WEF's economic revolutions planned for the next 20-30 years or demographic. Big capital controls the state.

Wherever you live, the mercantile elite are in charge.

A lot of times in life, people from outside a situation were able to give insights that some born into that situation missed.

I've spoken to conservative, older immigrants who love America and hate all the leftist crap going on here. They grew up admiring America with a fervor few of us can grasp. That admiration was fed to them either by their own parents or by what they thought they knew of America in their youth.

When were these immigrants young?

In the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. When America was still unchallenged as a world hegemon. When they saw country after country tremble before the dictates coming out of the Kremlin and America being the only country strong enough to make the USSR think twice about doing anything rash.

That America is gone - because manufacturing has been gutted. Political and military might in this country went hand-in-hand with economic might, but since the early 1990s, the economy has been transformed. America is still endowed with solid manufacturing, but not the way it was in the past.

Is the US Empire as you call it still in existence? Yes. But I do wonder if its days are numbered, and woe to the leftists who hate America and call it racist and favor the importation of uneducated illegal aliens en masse in what is a subversion of this country's integrity and sovereignty. Internal corrosion will contribute to any downfall the U.S. faces in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Why do people assume Europeans are in any way smart? Didn’t all the smart ones leave and go to the United States?
    …yet there you are with Joe Biden at the helm. Europe and America equally fucked in different ways, both ultimately powerless to halt World Economic Forum Mercantile future domination. Gun slinging cowboyism and efette Renaissance have lost. We can hear them laughing in Moscow and Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    It's important that we sort out whether this was a lab leak or a spillover event and how it occurred in the first place. That way we can put things into the correct context and plan for the future.
    Just those two choices? Weasel words.

Those terms come from the handling of classified information as in Hillary’s emails were contaminated with classified “spillover”, or Hillary “leaked” classified information when she forwarded her classified emails to Huma.

What people want to know is did COVID occur naturally or was it artificial? And, either way, was it a coincident, negligent, or intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Maybe things will be better then.
    I have an answer for that, but I would have to go full auto non-secular and it would cause a huge fallout among the brothers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Why do people assume Europeans are in any way smart? Didn’t all the smart ones leave and go to the United States?
    Nope, they went to Australia, that is why you have a democratic party in the US. Mark said the US is a truly free society, but if they were truly free they would have banned the Democrats ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I mean, sure they arrest armed people, but this is a whole SWAT team going after one guy. If they do that individually for every gun owner, it would take them a very long time to disarm the entire population.
    True, but they’re not going to have to do that for every gun owner, only where necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    In very imprecise words:
    The importance of the furin cleavage is that its presence, and its position (in the middle of the two spike parts) is new for SARS-like viruses. Apparently, no natural SARS-like virus has got a mechanism like that, placed exactly in that position, and acting in precisely that way.
    According to some, this would suggest that the origin of the virus might not be entirely natural; in other, more tranchant words, some people think that the furin cleavage was placed there on purpose.
    Thanks.

Although look where you are posting, you don’t have to dance around the idea that it was a virus that was modified to have a greater impact in human/ferret cells and escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    ANOTHER CONSPIRACY PROVEN TRUE: The Daniel Andrews government promised Victorians their contact tracing private details would always be protected, but a bombshell court ruling has exposed the lie and the attempt to keep you in the dark.

SCANDAL: Victorian government lied, tried to suppress the truth over QR codes - Rebel News
    New York hospitals are so understaffed they are asking symptomatic nurses to return to work
    That is maybe the least surprising leak I’ve heard in this whole thing. Now the next least surprising “leak” in the line will be that Dan Andrews yells at staffers in meetings when they contradict him.

I saw another headline that in NSW here in Aus we are doing the same with nurses. Rather than recall the nurses who were fired for not taking the clot shot, they are recalling covid nurses out of quarantine to work with allegedly, non covid patients.

Quote Originally Posted by amilner View Post
    Waco wasn't exactly a PR win for the ATF/FBI. But, yes - they ended up killing 75 people with superior firepower (including a bunch of women and children).
    You forgot about Ruby Ridge. That's probably a better example of the effectiveness of the 2nd amendment.

No, 2A doesn't ensure that armed citizens are going to defeat a well-armed federal, state, or local law enforcement organization. But, it does ensure that 1) Government takeover is bloody and slow 2) the Government likely loses public support after bodies start to pile up.
    True, it wasn’t a PR win, but Hiroshima wasn’t a PR win for the US either, nor was Dresden a PR win for the allies.
    What consequences were suffered as a result of this bad PR though? And are they going to deter future events?

No, 2A doesn't ensure that armed citizens are going to defeat a well-armed federal, state, or local law enforcement organization. But, it does ensure that 1) Government takeover is bloody and slow 2) the Government likely loses public support after bodies start to pile up.
    If I have a central point, it would be that the presence of guns alone doesn’t put you that far ahead of Australia because wars are not won with Guns alone. It just presents another challenge to taking over. And like all static defenses that exist, they can be circumvented with time.

And not all of them will agree to participate in seizing lawfully owned firearms from their neighbors, because most -- if not all -- of the cops have guns themselves, and most of them realize the importance of the 2nd Amendment, the very purpose of which is to prevent exactly this sort of thing. Very difficult to explain to Europeans.
    Assuming that the Police doing the actual seizing are told the history of the suspect and incident in question and not just shown a mugshot and told “this is todays bad guy”
    I’ve never been in a planning room for this type of thing but I would imagine that it leans towards the latter not the former. I think this because there is no benefit to the guys giving the orders for the door kickers to know too much about who they are arresting.
    Also the ideal that “Cops would do the right thing” is a pretty common thought, but does it happen much in reality?
    This is pretty far into speculation too, but one of the more interesting things I’ve read on the weirder parts of the internet is supposedly a summary of the governments contingency for something like this. What I remember most was that to get around this, was the geographical jumbling of forces. Soldiers from Montana would never be deployed for operations in Montana. They’d be arresting strangers in California and vice versa.

We've had crime prevention and widespread gun ownership with no civil war for 155 years. This at least suggests that there is a reasonably large space between the two.
    Has America trended away from a constitutional republic in that time or remained true to its founding principles? Is that trend similar to Australia’s trajectory?

How will they do this? How do you reduce the number of gun owners from hundreds of millions to a more "manageable" number by merely "making it hard to be one"?
    Just off the top of my head:
    - taxing firearms/ammo directly
    - regulating parts/ammo to make it more difficult to manufacture
    - allowing gun makers to be sued
    - increasing the difficulty of gun makers to operate with various methods of lawfare
    - increasing felony convictions for gun owners

Going after companies themselves would probably be the most effective. “Just the market at work”

The Feds had plenty of help. They always have more help than you do. But the optics of another Branch Davidian-style massacre or another Ruby Ridge would have produced a political situation that would have been adverse for the Feds, so they elected to let it go.
    Were they more concerned about the votes or the bullets?

I’ll stop posting about this now because it’s starting to derail the thread and I think we’ve all said what there is to say and you can have the last word since it’s your forum. There’s also so much covid shit going on to talk about and this is covering that up.
    Just in summary and to be clear; I don’t disagree with the 2nd amendment at all. I think it’s wonderful and the American constitutional republic has moved the ball forward in terms of human political systems, the idea that citizens have the option to utilize force, not just the state. I wish we had it here. But that is also a duty and responsibility to safeguard the nation state. But the mere presence of guns alone isn’t a magic bullet. In general the “west” is trending down, good times have created weak men. America and her hundreds of millions of guns, do not appear to have had an affect on this. It might make the coming hard times easier, and personally I’d sure as hell like to be armed then unarmed in all situations.

I’ll make one final analogy.

Imagine a small group of Navy Seals and take their weapons away and give them to me.
    Who is now more of a threat to the government? An untrained jackass holding a bunch of guns he doesn’t know how to reload, or a small group of trained and capable individuals without guns?
    Just like voting once every 4 years isn’t enough, merely owning guns isn’t enough. If they are being held for an emergency situation, they don’t help in any situation up to that point. An airbag doesn’t help to keep you on the road.
    Thank you for the discussion though, I’m expecting something I’ve said will make it to the next comments from the haters or I will be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Nope, they went to Australia, that is why you have a democratic party in the US. Mark said the US is a truly free society, but if they were truly free they would have banned the Democrats ages ago.
    I actually said "nominally free society."

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What people want to know is did COVID occur naturally or was it artificial? And, either way, was it a coincident, negligent, or intentional?
    I agree. Spillover would represent a natural occurrence. Lab leak would represent an artificial occurrence. The details are also obviously important.

starting strength coach development program
    I actually said "nominally free society."
    So is Texas in the "nominally free" part of the Union as opposed to say CA? Or would you say Texas for the most part is a normally free state? Meaning the freedoms under the Constitution especially the 2nd amendment are given full expression under Texas law.

Could FEMA override state laws and the constitution in a national emergency?