starting strength gym
Page 1852 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 85213521752180218421850185118521853185418621902195223522852 ... LastLast
Results 18,511 to 18,520 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I can't. I don't have that level of data.

That would be a matter for the courts to decide. But what does it look like if it does bypass Posse Comitatus? FEMA comes up my driveway to confiscate my guns, and because the Insurrection Act says FEMA can do this I just welcome them into the house, hand them all my guns and ammo, and make tea for them while they load them up? Because FEMA has been given the "authority" to enslave my ass? The only person who can give a free man the authority to enslave him is that man himself.

You people just don't understand. You are Subjects of the Crown. Pointless to try.
    Even though I’m Welsh and have a love/hate relationship with the English (hate mainly because of jealousy it pains me to admit - more of a historical kind of jealousy stemming from when their tiny landmass exercised the biggest Empire civilisation has ever seen to date), their Civil War which predates the birth of the USA does place them pretty well to understand about dying for (and winning) freedom v The Crown, a Crown which essentially has no power in real terms today.

Quote Originally Posted by gallon_of_cheese_a_day View Post
    Neat. Where's it from?
    A study from Denmark. Good luck finding the actual study, google prioritizes a flood of "fact check" websites in the search.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    In very imprecise words:

Apparently, the SARS-CoV2 virus has got two spike-like structures, S1 and S2, joined in the middle by a furin cleavage; that's a zip-like mechanism that affects which of the two parts becomes predominant in the virus' behaviour. One spike affects how easily the virus spreads, the other how serious the consequent infection is. Depending on the position of the furin 'zip', the virus can oscillate from difficult to spread but serious, to mild but very contagious.
    Control of the furin cleavage is, according to some, one of the main keys to controlling the infection; in some virus mutations, the mechanism is affected by the level of zinc in the body; this explains why for some variants, HCQ, azytromicine and zinc supplements seem to have had a positive effect on patients that got the virus. This might change in future variants, so it will be important to find out which other mineral affects the furin's mechanism.

Important note: furin-based mechanisms control a lot of other metabolic cell processes, so just blocking it altogether is a no-no; a way needs to be found to block the specific furin cleavage in the SARS virus, without affecting the other furin-based mechanisms that are essential for the normal functioning of human cells.

The importance of the furin cleavage is that its presence, and its position (in the middle of the two spike parts) is new for SARS-like viruses. Apparently, no natural SARS-like virus has got a mechanism like that, placed exactly in that position, and acting in precisely that way.
    According to some, this would suggest that the origin of the virus might not be entirely natural; in other, more tranchant words, some people think that the furin cleavage was placed there on purpose.

IPB
    The spike glycoprotein is made as a single precursor protein that is then cleaved by cellular enzymes (a protease) into S1 and S2 at a specific amino acid sequence in the S protein. This cleavage event is required for the virus to be infectious. Furin and furin-like proteases are one of the enzymes that are capable of cleaving S, and as IPB indicated, they're present in all of our cells. S-proteins that have the correct recognition sequence can be cleaved by furin-like proteases in the cell in which the virus is produced. Coronavirus S proteins that cannot be cleaved by furin-like proteases must run into another protease between being produced by one cell and entering another cell. The ability of S to be cleaved by furin-like proteases is thought to contribute to more severe disease perhaps because virus particles are ready to go as soon as they are produced and do not require the extra step of being cleaved by another protease.

SARS-CoV-2 has an S glycoprotein that can be cleaved by furin-like proteases. Closely related SARS-CoVs from bats, pangolins, etc. do not have a furin cleavage site. Other more distantly-related coronaviruses do. Sequence analysis suggests that in coronaviruses, furin cleavage sites evolved something like 6 independent times in various lineages. It is possible that the furin cleavage site in SARS-CoV-2 could have been intentionally engineered into the genome or this could be the 7th example of convergent evolution in this group of viruses.

You people just don't understand. You are Subjects of the Crown. Pointless to try.
    Mark what about a man who gave his life so that others can be free, would you be prepared to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mark what about a man who gave his life so that others can be free, would you be prepared to do this?
    Depends entirely upon who the other people are. Most people don't value freedom as much as they value security, or not being seen as an asshole. I would not be prepared to even say hello to such people.

__________________________________________________ ________________

The Germans are never short of Polizei: Elderly woman violently arrested for walking her dog without a mask… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Police beat citizens out past curfew… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Depends entirely upon who the other people are. Most people don't value freedom as much as they value security, or not being seen as an asshole. I would not be prepared to even say hello to such people.
    My dad and grandfather both went to war, Dad to fight the Japanese in New Guinea in WW2 and grandad to fight the Germans in France back in WW1, My grandad was about 18 when he went and dad about 22, both of them came back alive, my grandad never spoke a word about it and when I asked dad about the war he said don't ask me anything about what it was like and just drank more. Grandad was just silent. Many US serviceman paid the ultimate price to preserve that freedom we enjoy with out ever asking who the those people they defended were, whether they were assholes or what, they just went.

Your understanding of freedom is self preservation, whereas those guys was sacrificial, you correct me if I am wrong.

Wal, soldiers going to war to "fight for freedom" is propaganda used to get 18 year old's to go die in the middle east for Israel and Raytheon the same way "Do the right thing" is propaganda for mums to inject their 8 year old's for Pfizer.

Soldiers fight and die to preserve their countries national interests.

The Covid narrative is insane and illogical…and maybe that’s no accident – OffGuardian

"swarming groups of little rat minds running the sewers of power"

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    My dad and grandfather both went to war, Dad to fight the Japanese in New Guinea in WW2 and grandad to fight the Germans in France back in WW1, My grandad was about 18 when he went and dad about 22, both of them came back alive, my grandad never spoke a word about it and when I asked dad about the war he said don't ask me anything about what it was like and just drank more. Grandad was just silent. Many US serviceman paid the ultimate price to preserve that freedom we enjoy with out ever asking who the those people they defended were, whether they were assholes or what, they just went.

Your understanding of freedom is self preservation, whereas those guys was sacrificial, you correct me if I am wrong.
    My father was in the 101st Airborne Division in WWII. Normandy, MARKET GARDEN, Bastogne for Christmas 1944. It is tempting to ascribe their motives to "sacrifice." Sorry about your dad and grandfather. Mine didn't drink. He also didn't talk about the war. But he was not there for the sacrifice, I know. He was there because he had to be. The families of the men who were killed around him would have preferred that they were not "sacrificed." The actions of governments are seldom for the benefit of the governed, and WWII was no exception. A few men decided what all the other men were going to do, and that's what happened.

And you misunderstand my understanding of freedom. Wearing the mask/taking "the jab"/going along to get along -- this is self-preservation. I will not comply to preserve myself.

starting strength coach development program
    My father was in the 101st Airborne Division in WWII. Normandy, MARKET GARDEN, Bastogne for Christmas 1944. It is tempting to ascribe their motives to "sacrifice." Sorry about your dad and grandfather. Mine didn't drink. He also didn't talk about the war. But he was not there for the sacrifice, I know. He was there because he had to be. The families of the men who were killed around him would have preferred that they were not "sacrificed." The actions of governments are seldom for the benefit of the governed, and WWII was no exception. A few men decided what all the other men were going to do, and that's what happened.

And you misunderstand my understanding of freedom. Wearing the mask/taking "the jab"/going along to get along -- this is self-preservation. I will not comply to preserve myself.
    Mark, I salute your dad. Men do not go to "sacrifice" themselves like a Hara Kiri dive bomber, but many end up putting their lives in jeopardy to preserve others, your history all the way from the War of Independence to the police and fireman who risk their lives daily are a testimony of folk putting others before their own life. This has nothing to with jabs and masks or FEMA coming down the drive to take your guns, surly you understand this.

I believe you are self sacrificing to the extent that you spend so much of your time with all these trainees you have and time is a precious commodity that many are not prepared to give for others these days. That is where you excel. However one day you will comply when you will want to preserve your soul, a gun will be of no use in that day. I hope there is no misunderstanding here.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Wal, soldiers going to war to "fight for freedom" is propaganda used to get 18 year old's to go die in the middle east for Israel and Raytheon the same way "Do the right thing" is propaganda for mums to inject their 8 year old's for Pfizer.

Soldiers fight and die to preserve their countries national interests.
    What I can tell you is if the Australian Army, many volunteers from the CMF if they had not gone to New Guinea and SW Pacific with the help of the US, we would be all speaking Japanese, I have the Japanese occupation money that was going to be used in Australia once they entered Australia. The Vietnam war on the other hand was a war based on conscription soldiers (National Service), where men were sent over a certain age in a lottery, I just missed out when Whiltam came to power and banned conscription in 1972 and all the way with LBJ. That was a propaganda war.