COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1862

starting strength gym
Page 1862 of 2179 FirstFirst ... 862136217621812185218601861186218631864187219121962 ... LastLast
Results 18,611 to 18,620 of 21786

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #18611
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,476

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2022
    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mark that report comes from the "Epoch Times", a propaganda publication for the Falun Gong a Chinese Buddhist cult. The Epoch Times hides behind a wall of pretense, purporting to be a supporter of "right wing" causes. It has entrenched itself into the US. I have had dealings with those folk here at home, not to be trusted at all.

    That Dr Kory a major proponent of the FLCCC protocol was infected with covid in August last year despite using Ivermectin as a prophylactic. Mark you need to dig into this stuff first before you allow your site to be a dupe for these crazies.
    wal, do you know what an ad hominem argument is? It is a version of the kind you make all the time, condemning the facts as presented because of where they are presented. For example,

    1. Who told you Dr. Kory had covid last August? You trust the Washington Post more than the Falun Gong? Why? What has the Falun Gong ever done to you? The Washington Times was founded by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon and is still owned by the Unification Church, but they have been and still are a source for good information that the leftist state media will not publish, and I'm glad they're there. Just because a religious group or person you don't agree with says something, that doesn't mean it's automatically wrong. That's why you're still here. Stop this fuzzy thinking.

    2. The fact that he had covid, if true, does not mean that ivermectin is not an effective prophylactic/treatment for covid. It has been proven effective in ~60 controlled trials investigating this question. Japan used it to essentially eliminate covid, as did Uttar Pradesh in India. And as have other countries and individuals all over the world.

    3. But let's say it does mean that. Look at this post: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

    And this post: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

    And all the other posts here that say the same thing, and all the data from all the countries with high vaccination rates that say the same thing, that I have been posting for the past year: the vaccines do not prevent either covid or its transmission. Yet you are here indicting Dr. Kory while saying nothing about mandatory vaccines that don't work and may kill you.

    Now wal, a casual observer would think you don't actually read the information posted on this board, that you just come here to type your support for the mainstream narrative. So I'm going to have to ask you to increase the quality of your commentary. Okay?

  2. #18612
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mark that report comes from the "Epoch Times", a propaganda publication for the Falun Gong a Chinese Buddhist cult. The Epoch Times hides behind a wall of pretense, purporting to be a supporter of "right wing" causes. It has entrenched itself into the US. I have had dealings with those folk here at home, not to be trusted at all.

    That Dr Kory a major proponent of the FLCCC protocol was infected with covid in August last year despite using Ivermectin as a prophylactic. Mark you need to dig into this stuff first before you allow your site to be a dupe for these crazies.
    Yup, he got Covid. Used Ivermectin and barely got sick, from what I understand. Sure you aren’t Canadian?

  3. #18613
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I think that for me, it was a combination of the following things. 1) I had a poor understanding of the willingness of people to accept uncertainty. I thought that people would discard what I had to say if I was uncertain. As you pointed out, this is incorrect. This is still a work in progress for me. 2) I was overconfident that the conclusions that I drew from the data were correct. In the mask example, I was overconfident that the laboratory data would translate into obvious real-world effects. (Currently, I'm not convinced that they have no effect in real-world settings, but that many other factors play into it and even in high-use settings, the effect is not as drastic as I was sure it would be.)
    (2) is understandable, but I'm struggling with (1). You thought your opinion would be discarded by whom? In what context? This can't refer to mostly-pseudonymous web commenters who anyway bristled at what you said.

    I don't mean to scrutinize you in particular, but the scientific community needs to figure out how to regain the trust of the public.

  4. #18614
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Mark I don't want to debate you on the pros and cons of Ivermectin, you could beat me hands down. I am saying you are using dubious sources such as the "Epoch Times" to promote your enthusiasm for Ivermectin. Dr Kory himself admits that he got covid last year even though he was on the FLCCC protocol, he indicts himself.

    Mark as a coach for strength training you are outstanding, however in this case I believe you are wrong and digging yourself into a deep hole. Look Mark if you were coaching a trainee for a particular lift and you noticed that the technique was wrong would you let him just go on and risk injury? No! It is not about whether lifting free weights is good or bad it is about seeing something that is wrong and speaking up. If you think I am here just to argue with you over Ivermectin or vaccines you are dead wrong. I don't think you are heading down the right track. Maybe I am wrong myself, but like it or not if I saw you face to face I would tell you the same thing, Mark be careful!

    At the risk of being shot down in flames, make of it what you will.

    Why Dr. Pierre Kory Got COVID-19 Despite Taking Ivermectin! | Tech ARP

  5. #18615
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,476

    Default

    Okay, wal.

  6. #18616
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Yup, he got Covid. Used Ivermectin and barely got sick, from what I understand. Sure you aren’t Canadian?
    What does it mean to “get covid”?

  7. #18617
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Two years without the sniffles. At this point I'm ready to tour covid wards to see if I can even catch the shit that shut down the world.

  8. #18618
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    In his Dec 8 testimony to the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Kory said both “if you take it, you will not get sick” and “it will reduce the need for hospitalization and death”. Techarp cherry-picks the former.

    Techarp dismisses VAERS - “anyone can enter records”. For now, I’ll take McCullough’s word over his.

    As Rip’s links and other evidence indicate, techarp’s offers a worse alternative. (Does techarp think Kory has blood on his hands? - Follins does.)

    Bad actor.

    Sift your sources carefully indeed.

  9. #18619
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Hahahah yeah, I figured. Mind you, if you propose marriage straight away, you will still have a low chance, but it might fly. The rest of the Adriatic coast is easier in this regard, but the cost of living is the same or even higher than in Italy. For instance, you absolutely cannot find a place to rent on the Croatian coast under 1000 euro per month if you want year long accommodation. This is for a one bedroom or even a studio.
    I am going as low cost as I can, by basically living in a hostel dormitory, this is for about 200 euros a month . I'm already used to it whenever I travel. And my plan is to not get too comfortable anyway and be ready to pack and leave.
    Especially if I piss off some very protective albanian dad.
    The cost of hostels on the croatian coast are only slightly higher

  10. #18620
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    98

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    At the risk of being shot down in flames, make of it what you will.

    Why Dr. Pierre Kory Got COVID-19 Despite Taking Ivermectin! | Tech ARP
    The bloke who authored that, Dr Adrian Wong, also wrote this about the wonders of giving covid vaccines to kids.

    A nugget of wisdom - "The much lower dose should ameliorate, if not eliminate, the risk of myocarditis / pericarditis that was highest in adolescents and young adults.

    There were no cases of pericarditis or myocarditis in the Pfizer study that involved over 2,260 children, through approximately 3 months of follow-up after Dose 2.

    However, the risk of myocarditis in adolescents is only about 1 in 50,000, so we will only know for sure once mass vaccinations have begun."

    A lot of his other articles seem to suggest he's a self-appointed fact checker and, weirdly enough, a gamer. No doubt the article about how to get the three Tomb Raider games for free is a real gem. Dr Wong "continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •