starting strength gym
Page 1864 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 86413641764181418541862186318641865186618741914196423642864 ... LastLast
Results 18,631 to 18,640 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Really? He was diagnosed with Covid. He’s still alive, and doing well I think.
    I was too brief.

Point is, which you made, covid is not a death sentence, and apparently was treated early with excellent results.

I do not think he “got covid” to the extent that he was vented and suffered significant endothelial damage.

As others have said, we are all going to “get covid” in one form or another. Just as we are all going to get sick. And just as with getting sick, the only thing to really worry about is not treating appropriately, eg early.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaMD View Post
    I’m in the same boat. I’m an ER doc who has been seeing COVID pts for 2 years, coughing in my face. I’m wearing no PPE other than a N95 and just washing my hands after every patient encounter. I haven’t been sick a day in years. I’m unvaccinated and will remain so. Either I’m the luckiest bastard on the planet or I’m already immune or I’ve had it and was asymptomatic. Haven’t been tested because haven’t been sick. Maybe my “luck” will run out and I’ll eventually get sick. Maybe not. Either way, I’m not afraid.
    Smartasses at University used to refer to redneck behavior as the “bubba factor”. The “Bubba factor” just took on a new dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    Now you have to apply this (non)argument to vaccines, otherwise you are full of shit.
    I think I told him that.

Here's an excellent piece from Taibbi about the state media's response to the deadly Omicron Variant: TK Mashup: "Omicron DEATH!"

It was the world’s loudest record-scratch when the WHO in the first week of December said the ominous “Omicron variant” of Covid-19 had been detected in 38 countries, but without any known deaths.

No deaths? How could that be? In the United States in late November, we’d already skipped past the stunned-curiosity phase and moved straight into active mass panic, with “fallout from the Omicron variant” causing the Dow to fall 652 points in a day when news of the mutant contagion arrived. Right away, we had a travel ban from southern Africa, an address urging calm from President Mumbles, and a declaration of a “Variant of Concern” from the CDC, as “scientists raced” to learn more about this “almost Frankensteinish” new strain of Covid-19.

The next month of Omicron coverage offered a fascinating window into our Covid-fixated future. For most of December, we were presented with an unbroken string of scare stories that in many cases actively buried the lede on the most important question: is this thing going to kill me? The Washington Post on December 14th, for instance, ran a story about how the “CDC warns” that a “punishing wave” could be coming as soon as January. The piece noted Omicron was “dramatically more transmissible” and “a more slippery foe when encountered by neutralizing antibodies,” but ignored the issue of lethality altogether, which would seem impossible to do by accident.

“How deadly is the Omicron variant? WHO releases death report,” wrote the Express U.K. earlier this week, with the following sub-headline:

OMICRON cases have increased more than tenfold since authorities identified the first UK infections in November, but scientists’ knowledge of the variant has increased in kind. The World Health Organization (WHO) released its first death report this weekend, outlining how dangerous it really is.
    And this is just precious:

On December 20th, a man in Houston died “with” Omicron. The Harris County Public Health office issued a release citing an “Omicron Variant-Related” death, but Harris County judge Lisa Hidalgo, sporting a stylish tree-branch-pattern mask, wasted no time in announcing, “The Omicron variant of COVID-19 has arrived in full force.”
    The Fear Must Be Maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He never really says anything, does he?
    A university guy.

And Steve Kirsch continues to hammer their asses: New big data study of 145 countries show COVID vaccines makes things worse (cases and deaths)

If there is anything wrong with this paper he cites, it is the graphic data presentation. But the conclusions are clear. From the abstract:

The statistically significant and overwhelmingly positive causal impact after vaccine deployment on the dependent variables total deaths and total cases per million should be highly worrisome for policy makers. They indicate a marked increase in both COVID-19 related cases and death due directly to a vaccine deployment that was originally sold to the public as the “key to gain back our freedoms.” The effect of vaccines on total cases per million and its low positive association with total vaccinations per hundred signifies a limited impact of vaccines on lowering COVID-19 associated cases.

These results should encourage local policy makers to make policy decisions based on data, not narrative, and based on local conditions, not global or national mandates. These results should also encourage policy makers to begin looking for other avenues out of the pandemic aside from mass vaccination campaigns.
    And the links to other studies that have reached the same conclusions are useful. They will be ignored.

"Either way, I’m not afraid."

Same. I did have a really nasty case of influenza A in mid 2019. Lost 15 pounds in 11 days, then fully recovered a few weeks later.

Been taking vitamin K2/D3 ever since, along with a variety of immune system supplements, and of course healthy foods and strength training.

Sounds like the NYT is telling its readers the Biden OSHA vaccine mandate is going down

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mark you need to dig into this stuff first before you allow your site to be a dupe for these crazies.
    Wasn't it you who was quoting the so called self proclaimed sanhedrin as an authority!?

Welcome to the new normal: 13-year-olds dying from cardiac arrest

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I was too brief.

Point is, which you made, covid is not a death sentence, and apparently was treated early with excellent results.

I do not think he “got covid” to the extent that he was vented and suffered significant endothelial damage.

As others have said, we are all going to “get covid” in one form or another. Just as we are all going to get sick. And just as with getting sick, the only thing to really worry about is not treating appropriately, eg early.
    Oh! Gotcha. I hate communicating on the internet, so much nuance is lost. Peace!

Just to clarify on the immune system supplements I take:

Fish Oil 1200mg
    Vitamin C 1000 mg
    D3/K2 125/100mcg
    Phosphatidyl Choline 1200mg
    Zinc 50mg
    Quercetin 1000mg
    NAC 600mg twice daily
    B-Complex

Apple flavored Ivermectin, Povidone iodine, and a few other goodies are on hand just in case.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    Now you have to apply this (non)argument to vaccines, otherwise you are full of shit.
    Nope, done my ablutions this morning. Sorry mate that I can't give you the answers you so desperately want. I can't help it if the Ivermetin king got Covid.