COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1876

starting strength gym
Page 1876 of 2192 FirstFirst ... 876137617761826186618741875187618771878188619261976 ... LastLast
Results 18,751 to 18,760 of 21915

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #18751
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2022
    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    . . .they won’t take loads if they have to sit around and wait for extended periods or they cannot get return loads. They don’t get paid during those times. . . .
    So it's a delay in the goods?

  2. #18752
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Matt, I look forward to your posts (especially when others get offended by your alleged racism), and this one didn't disappoint.

    Human life has equal dignity, but the equality ends there. There are real and obvious hierarchies. It is part of the human condition. The Pareto Principle applies here as it seems to just about everywhere.

    Things are not going back to the way they were. The US needs a new map.

  3. #18753
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gleichauf View Post
    Things are not going back to the way they were. The US needs a new map.
    No other way.

  4. #18754
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I agree with this. Not only is the why very simple, but the how is also very simple - and understanding the how shows the very huge cracks in the liberal's understanding of things. In the thread we've been paying attention to the way the masses have been reacting to the plandemic, and like Dr. Robert Malone said in his Rogan interview, it can be described as "Mass formation psychosis" or "mass hysteria".
    ...
    Meanwhile the leftist shitlib becomes the real authority's enforcers, and punches-down, and bullies and harasses - and the real authority is more than happy for them to take on this role and do their bidding. Meanwhile, the biggest loser in history, the liberally minded conservative, sits there and happily gets the shit kicked out of him for eternity until everything he claims to cherish is gone, all the while maintaining he is "correct".
    This was a good post. One thing I'd add is that even though the mass formation psychosis point you make is correct, I still love seeing the leftists squirm in their seats when accused of it. It's such a beautiful taste of their own medicine. It gets so deep under their skin, and that makes me happy.

    --

    Why isn't every veteran's group in the US voicing loud support for this guy? Do we no longer advocate for our POWs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    This is exactly right. This perfectly articulates a general notion I've held for years, which is that the libertarian (the classically liberal conservative) is the weakest position to hold. They expect reciprocity and disengage when it's not given (instead they should be demanding it via imposing costs if not given). Leftists are not interested in a fair fight. The libertarian may appeal to reason, logic, and a strong argument in favor of their cause. Leftists will simply burn the city down until the costs of dealing with them are too high, and they're given in to. You're never going to win over a pitchfork-wielding mob with a lecture and an infographic. You're only going to win by making the costs of forming the mob too high to withstand.
    Why doesn't every libertarian understand this? I have absolutely no doubt they are intelligent enough to. It's such an intriguing blind spot.

    Symmetry must precede liberty. Because only fools play by the rules when the rules aren't fair.

  5. #18755
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I agree with this. Not only is the why very simple, but the how is also very simple - and understanding the how shows the very huge cracks in the liberal's understanding of things. In the thread we've been paying attention to the way the masses have been reacting to the plandemic, and like Dr. Robert Malone said in his Rogan interview, it can be described as "Mass formation psychosis" or "mass hysteria".
    I believe you can go further back than that for an explanation. Homo Sapiens evolved due to evolutionary and survival pressures. Part of that is that we are inherently a herd animal. Humans greatest predator has always been other Humans (maybe viruses and mosquitos would challenge this but they don't really hunt us). Supposedly Neanderthals were physically better than us in any way measureable, and I disagree that they were measurably "dumber" than us. The only advantage we had was that our group sizes were apparently bigger.

    It doesn't matter that you're a 7 foot tall behemoth of a Man if you get stabbed in the back. All that it requires is someone dumb enough to distract you from the front.

    From an evolutionary perspective, that requires a certain level of irrational compliance to the group. If no-one stands in front of the Neanderthal he will hunt down and kill everyone individually. But to do so consciously means death and no one person will do it. The solution is to unconsciously stand in front of him. A genetic lottery ticket of sorts.
    Your ancestors who responded to someone yelling "Get down!" with a question in return probably didn't survive.

    But as a species overall, 100% of members that are compliant to the norm regresses and collapses pretty quickly, it needs a small fraction of people to be the pioneers and reject the group norms, the genetic experiments. And since the XX chromosomes are too valuable to waste on speculative experiments, almost all mavericks, pioneers, explorers, boundary pushers are Men. Because 90% can die and 10% can find new ground and the majority prospers. Losing 90% of your XX genetic material is not a winning strategy.

    Since the Pareto principal is useful I'll use it to classify 80% of people as herd animals. And before you get all excited about being the 20%, this doesn't hold true across all of life's domains. You're the 80% in a lot of areas. When I go to my mechanic and he says "X Y and Z is wrong, that'll be $500" I just have to placate myself by saying "he's the expert" because I have nothing to examine that claim with. All I know is that the car seems to run better afterwards. I am firmly in the 80% herd animal when it comes to car maintenance.

    I know of no better resource for how humans, in their natural herd state, make decisions than the book "Persuasion" by Robert Cialdini. The triggers humans make to make decisions unconsciously are:

    Reciprocation

    Consistency

    Social Proof

    Liking

    Authority

    Scarcity

    You want to control people. Scare them, and trigger as many of these as you can.

  6. #18756
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    So it's a delay in the goods?
    Not necessarily. My point was that there is not a shortage of drivers. The problem with regards to drivers is that there is a high turnover rate in the large trucking companies, but plenty of independent drivers. The trucking companies could easily get their loads moved by the independent drivers if they wanted. This would require paying the independents enough to make it worth it for them. Truck drivers are heavily regulated and there is a lot of overhead. A lot of waiting, but not just for goods to be loaded. Frequently they are waiting to be unloaded. Additionally they are paid to get a load from one point to the other, they aren’t paid to drive back. So unless the shipper is going to provide them with a return load, it’s just not worth it. It’s not profitable to drive a load from Nevada to Wyoming and drive an empty truck back to Nevada. So if a shipper wants that, they would have to pay considerably more for a single load or find a return load for the driver to get paid for or the independent would refuse the job. Or they can address the turnover rate and shortage in their on payroll employees. Which, as I stated is related to less pay and more BS. Ultimately the solution will lead to higher prices for goods. The cost of fuel has gone up considerably but the pay for load has not (or so I’m told)

  7. #18757
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    404

    Default

    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace."

    The Obsolete Man (BEST) - YouTube

  8. #18758
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    284

  9. #18759
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    We’ve had “doctors” and “scientists” on this thread who IMO, as casual lifters who found this site, subtly exposed their bias towards the “meatheads” that are here as dumb, possibly uneducated lifters. They couldn’t possibly understand like *they* do.

    That arrogance blinded them to the possibility that there are published scientists and people with world views/experiences who are able to see things differently and question the media masses. And almost every scientific counter argument to the narrative has held up. Whodda thunk?
    Those guys were just trying to make themselves believe there was actually a virus and a pandemic, they were fooled like everybody else. So Rip wasn't walking the line and it made them feel scared - so of course it is because he is fat and pink.

  10. #18760
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    53

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Rip (or anyone else),

    I read that the US supreme court blocked Bidens vaccine mandate for businesses with more than 100 employees, but that it will remain for certain healthcare workers.

    Can employers still demand that their employees take the shots though, and fire them if they refuse? Or does this court ruling mean that employers are not allowed to do this?

    For example if someone is told by their boss "you need to take the injections if you want to continue working here" can the employee now say "no i wont take them, and the law now prevents you from making this demand"?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •