starting strength gym
Page 1882 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 88213821782183218721880188118821883188418921932198223822882 ... LastLast
Results 18,811 to 18,820 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Heard this quote today, author unknown:

"We are so concerned about your health, that we will punish you mentally, physically, and financially to protect it."

Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Never forget that Californians voted for both prop 187 and prop 8. But what does it matter when a judge can pull down his pants and take a steaming shit on the will of the voters? If 187 had been implemented, California might be bluer than Texas right now. I am convinced that pure, direct democracy would be better than the shit show we have to deal with in this decaying republic. Even mob rule is better than rule by a hostile elite.
    California is quite a bit bluer than Texas right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    So exciting! When will Starting Strength start selling these at the gyms?
    Follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    California is quite a bit bluer than Texas right now.
    That was a strange mistake for me to make. Although I distinctly remember when I was very young that R was Blue and D was Red. Certainly I must be imagining, since We have always been at war with Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Heard this quote today, author unknown:

"We are so concerned about your health, that we will punish you mentally, physically, and financially to protect it."

Sounds about right.
    Here’s an original quote: “The COVID era will be defined by Drs making policy, citizens practicing medicine, and politicians playing scientists.”

Everyone is invited to rephrase that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Here’s an original quote: “The COVID era will be defined by Drs making policy, citizens practicing medicine, and politicians playing scientists.”

Here's one rephrase. We're fooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    China’s mining share went from 75% to 0%. Transactions are probably also at 0%. They interdict the Bitcoin protocol much like other internet communication.

This is false, and is the motivation for confidential cryptocurrencies built on polynomial commitment, etc.

I am optimistic about cryptocurrencies, but you aren’t realistic about their stature relative to the government’s monopoly on force.
    You are talking about cryptocurrencies, I'm talking about Bitcoin.
    Who gave you those info?
    You think no one is transacting in crypto inside of china? Or no one is mining bitcoin?
    That seems unrealistic to me.
    But even if it were true, still not enough to prove you can stop Bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

Nothing new happening during the Covid era. People are just now being forced to see what was already there....finally.

There's lots more to see so buckle your seat belt, Dorothy 'cus Kansas...is going Bye Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    So exciting! When will Starting Strength start selling these at the gyms?

I understand where mass shooters are coming from now.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Never forget that Californians voted for both prop 187 and prop 8. But what does it matter when a judge can pull down his pants and take a steaming shit on the will of the voters? If 187 had been implemented, California might be bluer than Texas right now. I am convinced that pure, direct democracy would be better than the shit show we have to deal with in this decaying republic. Even mob rule is better than rule by a hostile elite.
    Direct democracy would be a nightmare. That is exactly the system the democrat party wants to move toward. They have cultivated environments where massive numbers of vote-eligible (and technically not eligible but still pulling off doing it) people exist and continue to grow in population who are all entirely dependent on the state, and democrat policies in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    You are talking about cryptocurrencies, I'm talking about Bitcoin.
    Who gave you those info?
    You think no one is transacting in crypto inside of china? Or no one is mining bitcoin?
    That seems unrealistic to me.
    But even if it were true, still not enough to prove you can stop Bitcoin.
    Yeah theoretically Crypto is safe from the government and short of torture they can't get the private key out of you.

1) it's China so torture is on the table

2) Theoretically communism works.

If bitcoin were made illegal then it would have about as much affect on the world as the boogaloo bois have on the political trajectory of the US.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Yeah theoretically Crypto is safe from the government and short of torture they can't get the private key out of you.

1) it's China so torture is on the table

2) Theoretically communism works.

If bitcoin were made illegal then it would have about as much affect on the world as the boogaloo bois have on the political trajectory of the US.
    I repeat, if Bitcoin could be made illegal, it would have been already. It cannot be done. It is the main reason why it was invented. And it is probably the single thing most governments/banks actually fear right now.
    Also, I don't understand this lack of trust in Bitcoin based on unrealistic or impossible events, aka the internet disappears or governments "ban it", while using or mabye even trusting fiat money which is guaranteed to only work against you. This system will fail because it's unsustainable, as much as the thieves who came up with it are trying to prevent it from failing using crises like this covid thing or the 2008 subprime crisis, etc..
    Every one of these times is an attempt at keeping the boat from sinking while throwing us in the ocean or making us cover the holes.
    And the only possible alternative, for us, is Bitcoin, which means getting our own ship. In some countries this is already the case for many people.
    Hey, if you got a better idea that makes sense, I'm all ears.