COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1889

starting strength gym
Page 1889 of 2175 FirstFirst ... 889138917891839187918871888188918901891189919391989 ... LastLast
Results 18,881 to 18,890 of 21742

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #18881
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    873

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2022
    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Does anybody know of a Duckduckgo style alternative to searching for scholarly sources? I am growing tired of the "google scholar effect".

    Again, google scholar search for "ivermectin and covid19" is showing cherry picked studies of low confidence. Top 3 results:

    Inconclusive/No Benefit:
    Cochrane Library

    "Immediate randomized controlled trials needed" (even though we already have 30 + as summarized by this regularly updated meta-analysis: Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 75 studies ): Ivermectin and COVID-19: Keeping Rigor in Times of Urgency

    Approved Dose not enough, RCT needed (again, even though we have a substantial number of them):
    Just a moment...

    And dear God let us not forget "Dr." Temple's "Study": https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2114907

    Some of "Dr. Temple's" wonderfully accurate analysis:
    "These cases illustrate the potential toxic effects of ivermectin, including severe episodes of confusion, ataxia, seizures, and hypotension, and the increasing frequency of inappropriate use."
    Give Scinapse a try - https://www.scinapse.io/

  2. #18882
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Does anybody know of a Duckduckgo style alternative to searching for scholarly sources? I am growing tired of the "google scholar effect".

    Again, google scholar search for "ivermectin and covid19" is showing cherry picked studies of low confidence. Top 3 results:

    Inconclusive/No Benefit:
    Cochrane Library

    "Immediate randomized controlled trials needed" (even though we already have 30 + as summarized by this regularly updated meta-analysis: Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 75 studies ): Ivermectin and COVID-19: Keeping Rigor in Times of Urgency

    Approved Dose not enough, RCT needed (again, even though we have a substantial number of them):
    Just a moment...

    And dear God let us not forget "Dr." Temple's "Study": https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2114907

    Some of "Dr. Temple's" wonderfully accurate analysis:
    "These cases illustrate the potential toxic effects of ivermectin, including severe episodes of confusion, ataxia, seizures, and hypotension, and the increasing frequency of inappropriate use."
    Might get some hits in researchgate.com.

  3. #18883
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    England did a 180 and ended ALL restrictions, mandatory vaccine passports, and facemask wearing:

    Covid: Face mask rules and Covid passes to end in England - BBC News

    Thoughts?
    I guess BoJo got tired of being laughed at. Ridicule is our most powerful weapon. What will Australia do now?

  4. #18884
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    In case anyone missed it (I did), Fauci has a painting of himself hanging in his office. I bet you he calls it "The Science".

  5. #18885
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    ...
    It's a good question. I think the answer is you can, but not as effectively. And it becomes less effective the more different the people are. At peak diversity, I think tyranny becomes the only tool capable of keeping things cobbled together, except maybe during periods of overabundance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I think you are on to something. I really do. It's why the smart Scot interested in longevity insulates himself from situations that may demand a response. True friends don't take red-headed friends to protests, for example. Bad idea.
    I only found one physical copy for $300. Since we're told to not read it, I will eventually find a copy.
    BTW, you are sitting on a bad post count; post again soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Not a hard copy, pdf of the first 2 books. I assume the remaining hard copies just got more valuable.
    He should have used a bulldozer, tradition and all that.
    It does appear there are now a lot more people interested in his book.
    If I am remembering the sequence of events correctly, the police waited for several days to publicly identify Mcleod, then within a span of about 3 hours, his books and the majority of content related to him was pulled from across a very large swath of the internet. The censoring looks to have been coordinated at some level (Even if that level was hordes of collectivists demanding he be removed from history)

    A killdozer is ineffective. None of our despots are afraid of a killdozer.
    You can't replace a world-view with a void.
    This man was about ideas. He was about starting a new movement.
    Those are things that terrify our despots; replacing their vision of the world with a new vision, replacing their tenuous grasp on power with a new power.

    In his podcasts, he described his books as a "virus of the mind".
    If America makes it out of this or at least puts up a good resistance, this man will be remembered.
    He is the first intelligent, articulate, charismatic individual to describe a new movement that is a rejection of the current paradigms.
    It is a movement based in biological realism, objective Truth, technology, decentralization, independence, individualism, nature and people.
    "Biology trumps politics every time."

  6. #18886
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    513

  7. #18887
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    In case anyone missed it (I did), Fauci has a painting of himself hanging in his office. I bet you he calls it "The Science".
    Got me excited there for a sec. Thought it was a painting of him hanging not a painting that was hung. I like the first thought better.

  8. #18888
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    This is miles better even on the first search. Thanks!

  9. #18889
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    England did a 180 and ended ALL restrictions, mandatory vaccine passports, and facemask wearing:

    Covid: Face mask rules and Covid passes to end in England - BBC News

    Thoughts?
    Mostly a political move.

    Vex mandate for front-line health care workers maintained because “they know they work”.

  10. #18890
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Am I the only one oddly disquieted by the sweeping cancelations of mandates and vaccine passes at virtually the same time? After two years, it seems odd that those in power would flop over now in the middle of the season with a subtropical second follow-on season later in the year.


    Australia and Florida are the only normal things going on right now. I stand by my previous statement: lamest Apocalypse ever.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •