COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1895

starting strength gym
Page 1895 of 2395 FirstFirst ... 895139517951845188518931894189518961897190519451995 ... LastLast
Results 18,941 to 18,950 of 23942

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #18941
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    375

    Default

    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Isn't this how it always has worked historically? Soften up the population up with a pandemic, plunder the financial resources of the country, then move on to war? I think we are right on schedule.
    Exactly right, but our generation (and our great grandchildren) will be living through it. This is our generation's mess to deal with. The weak-men-equal-hard-times part of the cycle. It will get noticably nastier for us and while the Boomers peacefully and flatulently slip away, their bellies full of easy debt, materialism, nostalgia, quaint idealism about freedom and democracy... our overlords are telling us the old paradigm is over, and are carefully describing how it will be for us now. We should definitely pay attention to their words. They're not lying.

    The war angle is definitely worth discussing further on the board, as it has been obvious that the Western media and politicians have been setting the narrative that Putin is again being very, very bad for some months now. Now with the culmination of the recent cyber-attack in Ukraine, the Ukranian government themselves have said it appeared to come out of Belarussia not Russia. Russia is both actually surrounded and harried by the West, and it now seems like it is interested in creating their own perception domestically of being surrounded as well. If you look at places like Armenia and Kazakhstan it's clear these places are under far more pressure than Ukraine... and while the Kazakhstan situation hardly got a play over here, it was covered non-stop in Russian media between the Christmas and New Year period. It seems like things are very confusing, with China acting in its own interests and benefiting from playing both Russia and the West. The short answer is the people running the West are so stupid and irresponsible (look at Biden, Blinken, Harris. Look at the EU.) Do we honestly think we have masterful generals and statesmen in charge? There's no telling what kind of stupid shit they could get us involved with. All bets are off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Matt, you left out the part where Larry Fink invented securitized mortgages, which led to the 2008 financial implosion, then was oddly selected by the Bush administration to manage trillions of dollars of government stimulus to fix (profit from) the problem he had created.
    Right again, and people seriously believe that this "transitory" inflation is only related to pandemic money-printing. As with Mnuchin's deal with Fink, did Americans even notice or care? And guess who will, again, be buying up all the foreclosures when 2008's temporary band-aid finally comes off and the putrid mess in the markets spills over. It's looking like housing growth is slowly going grind down here over the next few years, but the end result will be the same. As we've already been told, though, we'll own nothing, and will be happy - so it won't be all bad.


    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I get your point, but I kind of disagree. They are acting in almost an identical fashion to the communist revolutionaries when it comes to the methods they use to disrupt social order. For that alone, I don't mind the commie label. But most importantly, they are the spiritual, and in many cases literal, descendants of the early 20th century communist revolutionaries. They're using different methods this time around, but they still have the same stink. Hatred of Christianity and Western civilization, inversion of natural order, fetish for technocracy, and desire for centralized global order.
    No, I get what you're saying and I get how you could apply the "commie" label here too. Our economy, this "command economy", call it what you will, could very well be described as something not a million miles away from the proper Soviet Union, and Fink just isn't called the "People's Commissar for Finance" but that's the role he has taken for himself except he's talking about "The Power of Capitalism". However that's where it stops being like communism. These people are getting everything done through the markets, and all of those things they wish to destroy ("deconstruct") are an impediment to growth. The globalized vision is the same for both capitalists and communists, but they just use different means to get there. The communists didn't play such a long, clever game, though.
    My main gripe with the use of the term is the way BoomerCons use "communism" as a stand in for what they view as "authoritarianism". Just as the left labels everything as "fascist". We're doomed to fail when we have been divided into two fake sides and these two sides are communicating in such a retarded way. We need to move past these 20th century historical terms.

  2. #18942
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I wouldn't know enough to confidently make a prediction, but aren't green technologies, generally speaking, a bust. So what is their plan? Are they going to continue this "green energy" veneer? They just called a coal-fired power station green because it has some turbines contributing an extra 20% to it's output.
    Yes, that's exactly it but the dodgy "science" behind all their green claims and ambitions is irrelevant - just as we have witnessed over the last two years with the virus. Feelings don't care about your facts. It's time we understood this now.
    The green veneer, sustainability thing, is the key point in all this. Mark Carney, former head of the Bank of England (who now just swans around these foundations and NGO's) just in the autumn released a statement which was an overt heads-up to these CEO's and corporations, and he said "This is what the law's going to be. This is the future. The future is sustinability, it's the climate change agenda, and all that - and if you don't get on board with that, you are going under."

    So, there will be legislation and law coming down, and markets will be created. Just as with "Beyond Meat" - they *created* the market. The command economy is already in place & they have full control with which to do these things. To ignore all this, and describe it as something like a "distraction" to what is really happening is a mistake, because the ramifications of what these people want are horrifying.

    If anything is a distraction, as described by Jovan, it the kind of morons the centre-right are forced to listen to and get their opinions frome, people like Dennis Prager, Crowder, Candace Owens and Jordan B. Peterson, constantly going on about the "hypocrisy" of transsexual agenda, dissecting the latest cringe, blue-haired, post-grad feminist having a melt-down and spouting her bullshit, or how CRT actually harms multiculturalism/LGBT. They're convincing you to think these stupid things, and behave like an individual, not a group, because group bad. Like Hitler. THAT is the distraction for the conservative American right.

    Plus, the oligarchical elite not trying to hide anything, because there's no need to hide it. There's meant to be a theoretical separation between the US state and a very large business, like BlackRock... But again, in June last year when the markets were melting down, Steve Mnuchin was straight on the telephone to Larry Fink. 60 phonecalls. All over the press. Did they try to hide it?

    To illustrate - they are bringing in leglistation here to prevent people burning firewood. Fine, nothing to panic about, but do you think in future there will beef farming, for example, in a political landscape like that? With people like Bill Gates buying up private land in the US, do you think this will impact the future of hunting? How will this, over the long term, change the public opinion surrounding gun ownership? etc. etc.
    If you think that the realities of supply-side economics will naturally rebalance things, as with the inefficiency of the Soviet Union where they had mountains of unwanted nails and lakes of yoghurt, and eventual collapse... well, the Soviet Union (a far less sophisticated machine than what we're staring at) lasted 80 years.

    Review the last two years. Getting people to accept the removal of their freedoms and choice, in ways they never conceived of before, all in the name of a "greater good" was the entire point of the plandemic. Generating a pile of profit even Smaug would admire was nice, too. The tyranny and greed isn't new, but within two years they got people to accept health passes, prison-style "lock downs", denied their freedom of movement, and normalized being thrown out of public and private spaces for not complying with rules instituted "for the wider good" - that all just happened. At the same time, in unison, the Big Capital creatures all began crying about what a perfect opportunity this is for a "Great Reset" towards a new future where you'll own nothing and be happy and suddenly start buying residential real estate at 30% above the asking price. If this isn't a good place to mark a defining moment in my generation's battle for their future, I don't know what is.

    In saying that this feels like a turning point, it's not that I'm unaware of the problems that were present already before then, and obviously the seeds of destruction had already been planted in Western societies, but day-to-day life has changed so much in the last couple of decades. Especially the last decade.

    People no longer sit down together at a table to eat dinner. There's a reason Christians and Pagans have the idea of last suppers and communal feasting and experiencing these things together and there's a reason these ideas have been "deconstructed" and replaced. That's just one example, but everything fundamental to the survival of a society is being replaced. Not by communism, but by opening new markets. Technology has become a total substitute for real human interraction, and believe it or not, I've met people who have said the pandemic's lock-downs didn't really affect them because they were already shut-ins who only interfaced with the world through keyboards and screens.

    We need to be somehow looking forward to the future and have a vision of where we want to go, as today we're all so disconnected from one another, and nobody has any agency with which to make change happen except making the token gesture of voting every 4 years. On this board, and with good intentions, for the last 2 years we have desperately tried to keep up and catalogue and debunk and disprove the elite's lies, in real time, but we have to accept that nobody cares and nobody will listen and it won't change anything. I previously tried to say that we shouldn't forget that the ignorant, beligerant vaxxers are actually the only allies we have in this, and this warned against this idea that we should openly mock them, and throw facts at them, and expect any sort of change.

    If this new phase of the command economy, which will be an iron fist in a green velvet glove, is only just starting to hit its stride, we quickly need to stop pretending that our clever data and arguments means anything to anyone, and accept that nobody listens to you if you're not the one holding the institutional power. This is why the left wins and the right loses every time, and it's that simple.

    For example, look at our elites who champion and push for mass immgiration to the West. Have you ever heard them use facts, and logical argument, and data to support their calls for mass immigration? No, you've heard appeals to emotion, been presented with images of a drowned little Syrian boy on a beach. You've heard ad hominems. You've heard them label those who are anti-immigration as "unpleasant". They have described nationalists as the undesirable characters in the narrative, and drawn comparisons with Nazis, and more importantly, they are low-status buffons whom nobody in the group admires. That's why white men are portrayed as the bumbling, undesirable idiot in product advertisement and movie propaganda. It's to clearly define who is the Archie Bunker/Homer Simpson buffoon and what his unpleasant ideas and opinions are, and if you share his opinions, you're just like him. That's enough to get the job done, people.That's all it takes. Nobody cares about our facts except us in our narrow little band and we have no power because power is handed to down, like a crown on a king's head. Or it is taken by force.

    We need to get rid of dumb fuckng liberal ideas like "mass psychosis" and accept that human nature is tribal, and we will follow those who have power over us. We are not rational creatures first and foremost. When we, as a whole, receive new information and begin to determine a course of action, the first instinct isn't to look at the facts and logic - it's to look at what other people are doing, to look at the herd, because we're social creatures.
    The trouble for us on the so called "right", is this isn't about arguments, or logic, it's about human connection. People like us, who would be considered "out there" and "weird" will never be listened to because we don't care if we're not liked - we're interested in being correct. We can be quite personal about this and not get butthurt or offended, because we're men.

    We're weird here. We masochistically lift weights for strength gains, and continue to grind away at this unpleasant hobby because we want to be stronger than we were before for various reasons, but mainly because by delaying gratification and acting this way, it reduces our suffering and the suffering of those around us. Not normal behaviour in these times. We don't even primarily do it for aesthetic reasons or to get pussy, which would be more rational.

    Then, in our spare time, we hang around on a message board moderated by a guy who drinks out of a mead horn and who built a stone house, in the middle of nowhere, to live in - and we talk about these things. And that's not even the weirdest thing about Rip - in an age of ubiquitous censorship, and litigation, and identity politics, he actually lives what he preaches and moderates this little corner of ours in accordance with actual free speech, when he stands to gain absolutely nothing from this. He might censor you to keep things moving along in a sane direction, but he'll even tell you why - and will take the time to repeatedly warn you if you're just becoming a distracting arsehole or sailing close to a banning. Nothing about our shit is normal and unfortunately, but for good evolutionary reasons, people don't want to listen to those who are seen as abnormal.

    Cicero and other classical teachers of rhetoric all made the same point, basically the first thing for any rhetor to understand, leaving aside the arrangement of the arguments, presentation of evidence, the sequence in which you're going to excite peoples' passions or cause a reaction, leaving all that aside, the first thing is to be liked by your audience. Liked. The old ancient Roman rhetoric teacher Quintilian said "an orator is just a good man speaking". If people think you're a good man then they will listen to what you have to say. If the audience perceives you're a bad man, it doesn't matter what arguments you have, they will dismiss you before they even consider to your arguments. People on the "right" need to understand this is dominant. The very phenomenom of the ad hominem attack underscores this.

    We could learn a lot from the female way of social interraction, and it's no coincidence that the victorious left is feminized - not just in its behaviour, but demographically it's female too. By that, I mean the way they have an understanding of the importance of mirroring emotions, and wanting be seen as part of the in-group - not being perceived as someone transgressing social boundaries and bringing conflict into a situation where women have, traditionally, always been together in society and worked collectively with their hands, with their vulnerable, incontinent children alongside them. It can be seen in something as simple as when they greet each other, arms outstretched and shuffling forwards, they call out to each other, with a literal sing-songing voice "Oh my god, Kaaate!" to which the other will respond in kind "Oh my gooood, Paaatttrriiicciiaaa!".

    You don't see normal men behaving this way, and it's not because of cultural norms. It's because we have a totally different mode of communication, which you could take back to our primitive hunter-gatherer past when danger was present. In contrast to the female and infant group, men, joining a war-party or hunting-party, needed to learn about being careful with incontinence and not pissing or shitting where we hunted as to not scare the game away, for example. Our communication could be silent matter of noticing signs and tracks, not cracking twigs, etc. and was not so much to do with the emotional state of mind, but more to do with the "written" (so to speak, in a deeper sense the modern writing), actual signs... a wallow, deer-rubbing, scat... which would have been considered in silence. I'd imagine, in most circumstances, you'd then look to the leader of the war-band or hunting-party to make a final decision. Our verbal communication was employed to convey very concrete information about the objective reality of the situation on the ground. We haven't evolved to communicate like women do, and our culture has become completely (and intentionally) feminized so it's little wonder why we're losing ground. Up to now, on the "right", we haven't cared that we're singing an utterly dischordant tune to all the others.

    If we can learn anything from the last couple of years, and take anything useful away from it, it's that we need to pay attention to the present but also look beyond our own noses. That sounds like a platitude, but in relation to what people like Larry Fink are doing, it's not. It's an also emotional dimension which we need to understand. Singing the same song as other people is difficult for us on the "right" to accept let alone act upon as there is a real lack of social intelligence. It's hard for us to understand such things as we're naturally willing to take contradictory positions, or we would have already rolled over and accepted the situation we find ourselves in. We need to listen to what these pieces of shit are saying and believe them. We also need to maintain our war-party, warrior-like way of interracting with the world AND the social dimension/female way of interracting and maintaining a cooperative effort. We need to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time.

  3. #18943
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Just heard that Meatloaf died of Covid.

    He had his first two jabs but not the booster.

    I guess two out of three ainít bad.

  4. #18944
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Just heard that Meatloaf died of Covid.

    He had his first two jabs but not the booster.

    I guess two out of three ain’t bad.
    You are a terrible person, Buddy.

  5. #18945
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Matt, spot on. You might like the Lotus Eaters if you don't already follow them.

    On the topic of walking and chewing gum at the same time, that appears to be an insurmountable hurdle for the "right" or just anyone who's left really. The complete lack of people who are outside of the club, but refuse to work together due to disagreements. Look at Gab and Rumble fighting and sueing each other.

    The left has "intersectionality" specifically devised by kimberley crenshaw in 2007 or so which provided the ideological framework for conflicting and hostile movements to bolt onto the underlying frame of "progressivism" There's very few leftist movements that aren't under there. "Terf's" are a notable exception but even without them, roughly 90% of leftists are united by intersectionality. Everyone else can't get beyond 10% united before ideological purity kicks in and they split.

    I've seen it in intellectuals from the "ideological dark web" falling apart immediately to "edgy" internet denizens abandoning and hating Trump from around 2017 or so because Jared Kushner was Jewish.

    Things like that just wouldn't happen on the left, or they would happen in private, because they understand that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

  6. #18946
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    There's two separate enemies.
    Communism and Globalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    ...Kazakhstan situation...
    ...BoomerCons use "communism" as a stand in for what they view as "authoritarianism". Just as the left labels everything as "fascist". We're doomed to fail when we have been divided into two fake sides and these two sides are communicating in such a retarded way. We need to move past these 20th century historical terms.
    Kazakhstan is/was a big deal.

    We don't need to try to do any of that; the pragmatic solution is to accept the current public thought/associations about the terms, wrong as it may be, and use it to your own ends.
    People aren't interested in learning anything new or challenging their preconceived notions.
    Give them the right philosophy, but call it something else if need be.

    Both Communism and Globalism are dangerious; Neither should be minimized or disregarded.
    The most dangerous policies are the ones they just happen to agree on: Immigration/demographic replacement, centralized banking, denial of individualism/freedom, centralization/monopolization of industry/government and taking land out of the hands of the people.

    At its core, this is an analysis of strength.
    100 years ago, the communists were strong, because many of the workers believed in the philosophy.
    Today, the communists are weak and the workers hate communism.
    There is no need to pander to the communists today, as there was 100 years ago. In fact, you lose ground among the strong individuals you need on your side if you try to pander to communism today.
    The people who are strong, the people you need on your side (the blue collar workers, soldiers, cops etc) rightfully believe in Capitalism as a necessary component of successful and efficient resource allocation. No need to oppose that or change their minds.
    Big tent philosophy and compromise is counterproductive.
    We are narrowcasting; The strong are strongest when alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    ...Technology has become a total substitute for real human interraction, and believe it or not, I've met people who have said the pandemic's lock-downs didn't really affect them because they were already shut-ins who only interfaced with the world through keyboards and screens...

    ...Then, in our spare time, we hang around on a message board moderated by a guy who drinks out of a mead horn and who built a stone house, in the middle of nowhere, to live in - and we talk about these things. And that's not even the weirdest thing about Rip - in an age of ubiquitous censorship, and litigation, and identity politics, he actually lives what he preaches and moderates this little corner of ours in accordance with actual free speech, when he stands to gain absolutely nothing from this....
    Part of the reason I post here less. Need to spend less time at the keyboard.
    The trends are going the other way though. A large amount of internet discussion has recently moved from the forum model that has been prevalent for the past 20 years and traditional social media to IRC clients, Discord, Twitch, Telegram type places.

    This is one of the reasons so many people respect Rip, even after he might say things they disagree with.

  7. #18947
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    I wonder which Wizard's College this guy graduated from. No idea who he is, but he's good. A much more energetic alternative to Klaus Schwab. And I gotta hand it to him for how hard he's working on that "resistance is futile" spell.

  8. #18948
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Rip,

    Was wondering what you think is going to happen with the US government's ban on unvaccinated foreigner arrivals...do you think this will be a permanent thing? Or do u think they will get rid of this ban, and if so, when? Its a disgrace. I dont know if/when ill be able to go there again.

  9. #18949
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I'd like to go to Italy without having to show papers anywhere. I miss my family. We're not there, yet.
    It's all over by spring dude.

  10. #18950
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,249

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    That was a strange mistake for me to make. Although I distinctly remember when I was very young that R was Blue and D was Red. Certainly I must be imagining, since We have always been at war with Blue.

    I recall that the Democrats were red when I was younger. Then I think during some election cycle the Leftist media switched the colors. My belief of why that happened is that red was associated unfavorably with communism, "Red China," and phrases like "Better dead than red," and they wanted to distance themselves and so pinned the color on the Republicans. Red is always associated with Marxism, and Wikipedia happens to bear me out on this; Red flag (politics) - Wikipedia

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •