starting strength gym
Page 1903 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 90314031803185318931901190219031904190519131953200324032903 ... LastLast
Results 19,021 to 19,030 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Malone talks censorship in our Medical Journals:

Dr. Robert Malone Talks Censorship | Interview - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post
    Another argument currently brewing in the pub right now, potential for physical violence:

I just got barked at by the one of the door security for politely refusing to provide my track and trace details and he asked “What gives you the right to disobey the rules?”

Question to the door security:

“What gives you the right to obey the rules?”

He can’t answer and now he’s asked me to leave for being a smart arse. I’m a little tired and drunk after my hard sets of 5’s across this afternoon, but there will be enough energy in the tank to deal with this guy in the fashion he seems to desire. I don’t care that he’s 6 foot 5 and weighs 350.

Any in-the-moment advice Rip?

The irony of the Ukraine wanting to join the EU when most citizens of the EU aren’t even legally allowed to fart in public, let alone carry knives. This woman and the Ukraine show what is to be DONE when shit gets real:

Ukrainian mum buys huge rifle, helmet and camouflage gear in fear of Russian invasion - World News - Mirror Online

Meanwhile, 52 year old fat housewives in France post selfies on Instagram and buy Cosmo. Marvellous.
    You're probably familiar with the Milgram experiments, a majority of people will kill someone if someone with authority tells them to push a button. They wont enjoy it and they will try to get out of it, but they will do it.

He also did some follow up work on what would stop people pushing the button. Which is the far more interesting question, why some people were able to resist the impulse. It's been a while since I read it and I really need to find it again, but from memory he distilled it to two questions, that you ask the people who "are just doing their job"

They are doing what they do based on the illusion and weight of authority, to remove this there are two tacks to take:

1) Attacking the authority directly, that it is not real or it is illegitimate. That the rules are cruel and don't make sense and the leaders in charge lied to get there.

2) Putting the authority on them, they are the authority right now therefore it is their call.

Milgram seemed to think that these two steps reduced button pressing by the biggest margins.

So I guess theoretically talking to the security guard for a bit and mocking the rules and leaders before challenging his denial on the basis that there's no-one else here and it's his call. It's not the "rules" -- he's following his own authority. Make him realise how dumb the rules are, then put the weight of enforcement on him 100%. He might not relent but you'll certainly make him the most uncomfortable you can in enforcing them. He should bear a psychological cost for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Well all the boarder controls are mostly gone, QR and masks are not enforced as much as they were, but you can still have a beer and a BBQ.
    After all, what else does a guy need?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    A girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Roterhals View Post
    Neil Young suffers meltdown… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

You knew they'd start going after Rogan.

It's rich how these lib shitbirds, especially those as old as this dude, used to be all about "stand up for your rights" and give it to "the man" and now they toe the bullshit government/pharma line. I think this asshole is a naturalized U.S. citizen, obviously you don't have to know jack about free speech anymore to get citizenship. And while I'm at it, his whiny music sucks too.
    Yep, he's another sellout, or maybe just lost his mind? I've pretty much destroyed my music collection due to this woke bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This reminds me of a quote from The Outlaw Josey Wales:

The Outlaw Josey Wales: Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining. - YouTube

Well all the boarder controls are mostly gone, QR and masks are not enforced as much as they were, but you can still have a beer and a BBQ.
    I don't know if you make these statements because you believe them or if you enjoy being a shit-stirrer. I suspect the latter, and if that is the case, I'm wasting my time by pointing out that the Aust state border controls are not mostly gone. Certainly not for the unvaccinated.

In the north (and I imagine elsewhere) rugby, soccer, football associations are all rolling out 'no vax, no play or spectate' for everyone 16 or over. Even if your kid is under 16, imagine not being allowed to watch them play. Imagine telling your sports-mad 16 yo that they can't do the thing they love the most because YOU won't let them.

In other news, today is Australia Day, the day we're meant to celebrate how great our country is.

A girlfriend.
    VR and robotics are making great strides

Quote Originally Posted by Roterhals View Post
    It's rich how these lib shitbirds, especially those as old as this dude, used to be all about "stand up for your rights" and give it to "the man" and now they toe the bullshit government/pharma line.
    Was this Tucker Carlson and Jimmy Dore talking about Howard Stern clip posted here yet?

Tucker Carlson: Howard Stern used to be incredibly brave & courageous. But now, he's become a coward - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    You're probably familiar with the Milgram experiments, a majority of people will kill someone if someone with authority tells them to push a button. They wont enjoy it and they will try to get out of it, but they will do it.

He also did some follow up work on what would stop people pushing the button. Which is the far more interesting question, why some people were able to resist the impulse. It's been a while since I read it and I really need to find it again, but from memory he distilled it to two questions, that you ask the people who "are just doing their job"

They are doing what they do based on the illusion and weight of authority, to remove this there are two tacks to take:

1) Attacking the authority directly, that it is not real or it is illegitimate. That the rules are cruel and don't make sense and the leaders in charge lied to get there.

2) Putting the authority on them, they are the authority right now therefore it is their call.

Milgram seemed to think that these two steps reduced button pressing by the biggest margins.

So I guess theoretically talking to the security guard for a bit and mocking the rules and leaders before challenging his denial on the basis that there's no-one else here and it's his call. It's not the "rules" -- he's following his own authority. Make him realise how dumb the rules are, then put the weight of enforcement on him 100%. He might not relent but you'll certainly make him the most uncomfortable you can in enforcing them. He should bear a psychological cost for doing so.
    I think talking to him would be like giving caviar to a dog. His mind is already made up. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll check that Milgram study out.