starting strength gym
Page 1915 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 91514151815186519051913191419151916191719251965201524152915 ... LastLast
Results 19,141 to 19,150 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Fuck. That is a high fever.
    Did you go to the hospital or ever have an adverse events report recorded in the VAERS database?
    Hahhah on the first day it hit me, the temperature outside was about 105, I got the shivers and had to cover myself with a summer sheet, a blanket and a winter duvet, and I was still shivering uncontrollably, I almost threw up a few times for the shivering. It got better the next few days, just the fever without the shakes. I didn’t go to the hospital of course, I figured my chances of survival were better this way. I heard from some guys who had a similar experience, all of them younger and doing some kind of training or regular exercise. The sedentary people didn’t have any side effects, at least the ones who survived. Based on my experience, I would say there is no chance that a frail old person would survive this.

Stars against COVID vaccine mandates, from Eric Clapton to Metallica’s James Hetfield
    The band has a full concert schedule ahead, but Metallica’s vocalist James Hetfield may decide to cancel gigs if festivals and concert venues impose COVID-19 regulations. He’s one among a group of celebrities who disagree with strict vaccination requirements or dismiss the coronavirus vaccine altogether.
    I was happy to stumble onto this as well. One of the true legends of Heavy Metal standing by his convictions and his music. Many of Megadeths songs and album themes are all about what we are experiencing right now.
    https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/09...-back-1137546/

InProportion2 created this video on misleading data and statistics. He brilliantly exposes the dirty tricks politicians and corrupt scientists play to deceive the general public.
    Covid Vaccine Tricks - Are we being manipulated once more? - InProportion2

And this is his website
    InProportion2

Japan’s Kowa says ivermectin effective against omicron, other variants, in phase III trial
    Japan'''s Kowa says ivermectin has '''antiviral effect''' against Omicron, other variants | Reuters

Read more about Kowa’s Phase III randomized, double-blind study here:
    A Phase III Confirmatory Study of K-237 - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

MORE - Kowa's press release on #ivermectin in full for reference as Reuters failed to link it in their article.

Original - Only accessible from Japanese IPs (VPN):
    https://kowa.co.jp/news/2022/press220131.pdf
    English - Auto-translated version:
    press220131 en-US

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    A given cryptocurrency has a built-in maximum number of units that will ever exist... it cannot be plagued with unending inflation quite like our current fiat currency is, by design.
    Here's how some people seems to see it: P = M / S

where P is prices, M is the total quantity of money, and S is the total amount of stuff (including services and labour) that you can buy with M.

It follows that for these people the increase in prices can be expressed like this: dP = (M + dM) / (S + dS).

In their view of the world, if M grows too fast compared to S, that is, the total money supply grows too fast compared to the supply of goods, then P increases, and that's inflation. And because there is no theoretical limit to dM, but there is a practical limit to dS, there is no theoretical limit to inflation.
    This theoretical possibility disturbs some people so much, they they think the supply of money should be limited, if not fixed altogether. Their ideal world is one where dM is very small; ideally, zero (as in a Bitcoin world).

Now, what does that mean?
    If dM is zero, when S increases, prices will go down. That is, in any limited-money economy that produces more stuff, or hires more people, or both, S will increase; but because the mass of money available for S cannot change, prices will, on average, go down.

This is deflation; and if inflation is bad, deflation must be good, right? Well, permanent deflation means that prices will tend to zero; so will profits, and salaries. And if salaries and profits go down, servicing any sort of debt becomes harder and harder.
    So, a deflationary world, is a world where it's better not to have any debt. But if there is no debt, there can't be any credit, by definition. A deflationary world is a world where there is no use for your savings, assuming you have some; you can't lend your money to anyone (remember, debt is bad and nobody wants it), so the only use for your savings is more consumption. Which means, by definition, no investments.

One of the alternatives is a world where dM is zero, but prices still raise a bit. The only way this can happen is for S to decrease. This means an economy that produces less stuff, or has more jobless, or both. Or, an economy with simply fewer people. You can't have an expanding, growing economy with a limited, fixed supply of money.

The last alternative is a completely static economy, where dS is zero as well, and prices remain at their level forever.

Bitcoin is a Malthusian's dream.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    Gday folks,

Update from The Communist Prison-State formally known as Western Australia.

I am still alive and unvaccinated, was going to wait for Novavax to arrive. I know it's just as crap but it's at least not what they forced me to take. Now I've realised
    there's no point as it is only accepted for 2 shots, and to work in WA you need 3. I can't find any studies where anyone has had Pfizer after Novavax only the other way around.

So I think I'll just go without.

I had to cancel my Physiotherapy for workers comp as they won't let unvaccinated use the rehab gym facilities. Weirdly, I can still have treatment sessions in the same building.
    This is in a place that doesn't even require proof of vaccination to enter. I suppose I could have just not said anything and gone. They said that they are protecting me, a 33 year old man in a building full of old physio patients. Logic fails me.
    So I'll just be doing starting strength at home now.

Other places I can't go as of today are cafes, restaurants, bottle shops etc. and apparently can't buy alcohol at a supermarket but can buy groceries at the same place.

WA has brought in an almost state wide mask mandate with 150 cases and I think 1 in hospital. With possibly 1 rumoured case in my region of the state. And we still have a
    hard border with the rest of the country because they are all extreme risk.

I go to church on Sundays at a small place here (forgive me Rip), and they put up a tent and tv outside for people who didn't want to wear masks. I stayed outside and it was the best I've ever been.
    I am a pretty integral part of the worship team, being a good musician and one of two competent sound desk mixers in the place (me being the most competent obviously) but I've removed myself from those teams as I refuse to wear a mask where I don't need to and given that I live in the mance attached to the church with my wife, daughter and dog I feel it's my private home and I shouldn't have to. I'm not the pastor or anything, I pay rent to the landlord.

I'm done. I ain't doing anything anymore. They can put me in a prison camp or sedate and forcibly vaccinate me now. Stuff em all.

On a lighter note, feel free to send me Scotch and Ivermectin.

Thanks for letting me vent, I know I don't add much to the overall conversation but you guys have it all covered. I can only give my personal plight.
    I feel for you mate, WA is a prison camp at the moment. I live here and people will keep voting McGowan in for ever at this rate. I dread to think of all the shonky stuff that’s going on behind closed doors cos the media scrutiny of his government is non existent as he’s seen as our ‘saviour’. Won’t be long before unvaxxed are forced to wear little yellow star badges at this rate. Vaccination should be a personal choice not one mandated by the bloody government.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    A given cryptocurrency has a built-in maximum number of units that will ever exist, ...it cannot be plagued with unending inflation quite like our current fiat currency is, by design.
    A better derivation of the result in the previous post, my bad for not doing it first time round.

The increase in prices is: (M+dM) / (S + dS) - M/S

Which leads to: (SdM -MdS) / (S*(S+dS))

Which is (dividing by S both terms, and noting that M/S = P): dM/(S+dS) - P*dS / (S + dS).

If dM =0 (no increase in monetary mass), the other term is always negative, i.e. prices decline, unless dS is negative as well.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Maybe I'm too old school in favoring an asset based monetary system over a fiat system where "currency = debt" is created out of thin air resulting in massive inflation, the hidden tax. I just don't understand how BTC etc is any different than fiat.
    It's still created out of thin air just in the opposite direction.

There's only 21 million bitcoins that can be created. Once the mining limit is reached they're done, and there will be a massive shock as people realise just how many bitcoins have been lost on wallets that were thrown away or lost passwords.

When liquidity becomes an issue, each bitcoin will be divided further, instead of using 1% of a coin as a unit of exchange you'll use .1% of a coin. I believe the most common unit that is equivalent to a dollar is a "Satoshi" (A dollar in the fact that it's the common smallest unit, not in terms of actual value) This will cause deflation rather than inflation. This will have just as many issues as inflation, but they will be different issues. The most hysterical of bitcoin advocates claim that it will solve almost any problem you can care to name but that is obviously ludicrous at face value.

I don't actually know the exact trigger to cause bitcoin to deflate is nor the specific mechanisms, but what I posted should be accurate enough for a brief summary.

Mizuchi, I'm in the state across from you, keep your head up. We're the first state to have elections and if 3rd parties have a good showing it might be the only thing that scares herr gunner, andrews et al to reverse restrictions. We are a fucking moronic state though so don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Japan’s Kowa says ivermectin effective against omicron, other variants, in phase III trial
    Japan'''s Kowa says ivermectin has '''antiviral effect''' against Omicron, other variants | Reuters
    Note the way Reuters rides to the rescue of the narrative. So fucking predictably tiresome. If Reuters tells you that Katherine Hepburn is dead, you'd better call the cemetery to be sure.

Help me understand, what is the "asset" or inherent value behind BTC? It literally appears to be the definition of a massive Ponzi scam, sponsored by some agencies with lots of capital letters, maybe...
    Decentralized agencies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Decentralized agencies though.
    Yes, but I don't think they are afraid to even hide it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post

where P is prices, M is the total quantity of money, and S is the total amount of stuff (including services and labour) that you can buy with M.

It follows that for these people the increase in prices can be expressed like this: dP = (M + dM) / (S + dS).

In their view of the world, if M grows too fast compared to S, that is, the total money supply grows too fast compared to the supply of goods, then P increases, and that's inflation. And because there is no theoretical limit to dM, but there is a practical limit to dS, there is no theoretical limit to inflation.
    This theoretical possibility disturbs some people so much, they they think the supply of money should be limited, if not fixed altogether. Their ideal world is one where dM is very small; ideally, zero (as in a Bitcoin world).

If dM is zero, when S increases, prices will go down. That is, in any limited-money economy that produces more stuff, or hires more people, or both, S will increase; but because the mass of money available for S cannot change, prices will, on average, go down.

This is deflation; and if inflation is bad, deflation must be good, right? Well, permanent deflation means that prices will tend to zero; so will profits, and salaries. And if salaries and profits go down, servicing any sort of debt becomes harder and harder.
    So, a deflationary world, is a world where it's better not to have any debt. But if there is no debt, there can't be any credit, by definition. A deflationary world is a world where there is no use for your savings, assuming you have some; you can't lend your money to anyone (remember, debt is bad and nobody wants it), so the only use for your savings is more consumption. Which means, by definition, no investments.

One of the alternatives is a world where dM is zero, but prices still raise a bit. The only way this can happen is for S to decrease. This means an economy that produces less stuff, or has more jobless, or both. Or, an economy with simply fewer people. You can't have an expanding, growing economy with a limited, fixed supply of money.

The last alternative is a completely static economy, where dS is zero as well, and prices remain at their level forever.

IPB
    Very interesting. I'm reminded of a popular saying amongst the precious metals community:

"If you don't hold it, you don't own it."

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    It's still created out of thin air just in the opposite direction.

There's only 21 million bitcoins that can be created. Once the mining limit is reached they're done, and there will be a massive shock as people realise just how many bitcoins have been lost on wallets that were thrown away or lost passwords.

When liquidity becomes an issue, each bitcoin will be divided further, instead of using 1% of a coin as a unit of exchange you'll use .1% of a coin. I believe the most common unit that is equivalent to a dollar is a "Satoshi" (A dollar in the fact that it's the common smallest unit, not in terms of actual value) This will cause deflation rather than inflation. This will have just as many issues as inflation, but they will be different issues. The most hysterical of bitcoin advocates claim that it will solve almost any problem you can care to name but that is obviously ludicrous at face value.

I don't actually know the exact trigger to cause bitcoin to deflate is nor the specific mechanisms, but what I posted should be accurate enough for a brief summary.

Mizuchi, I'm in the state across from you, keep your head up. We're the first state to have elections and if 3rd parties have a good showing it might be the only thing that scares herr gunner, andrews et al to reverse restrictions. We are a fucking moronic state though so don't hold your breath.
    This helps me understand the application of BTC a little better.

What I don't understand is this "mining" system where apparently massive computer power is used to solve extremely complex equations.

Who created the "equations" that are being "solved," and what purpose do the equations serve?

Who checks that the equations were solved correctly and then provides the BTC reward?

I also find it interesting that crypto likes to use words attributed to real money, as in gold and silver. Coins? Mining?

I don't get it.

starting strength coach development program
    Help me understand, what is the "asset" or inherent value behind BTC? It literally appears to be the definition of a massive Ponzi scam, sponsored by some agencies with lots of capital letters, maybe...
    What "agencies" are you talking about?
    A lot of people use Bitcoin to do marketing with their own coins, sure.
    But Bitcoin wasn't born with sponsorships. And it's not a ponzi scheme because it structurally can't be one.
    I think you gotta learn a little bit about it before forming an opinion
    Here:

Bitcoin for Beginners Playlist: Intro to Bitcoin, Satoshi, Security, Mining and More - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post

IPB
    I don't think the goal of Bitcoin is to be permanently deflating to infinity, if the "world" adopts it as currency, its value will stabilize, or slowly grow until 2140 when no more bitcoins will be rewarded to the miners.
    Trying to imagine anything else that could happen 120 years in the future, based on whay you know now, is pure science-fiction.
    Money will always be a necessity because people create markets to exchange goods and services. Deflation is merely one aspect of Bitcoin as a currency/store of value. I'd say decentralization is the second most important one.
    But Bitcoin is not meant to be sitting on your shelf and do nothing but grow in value forever, that may be its purpose as of right now, for some people. It's meant to be used as a currency, and a revolutionary technology to work on. Remember that technology develops incredibly fast. In 10 years Bitcoin could be totally different compared to now. Let alone if it gets adopted world wide, dozens of years from now.

There is an end goal here, but it must be taken one step at a time, and see how it goes. I think this is how most people who work on the Bitcoin network see it.