starting strength gym
Page 1917 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 91714171817186719071915191619171918191919271967201724172917 ... LastLast
Results 19,161 to 19,170 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Note the way Reuters rides to the rescue of the narrative. So fucking predictably tiresome. If Reuters tells you that Katherine Hepburn is dead, you'd better call the cemetery to be sure.
    Jesus, they just nut-checked Reuters and sent them home with their tail between their legs. How much more obvious could this get...

A Phase III Confirmatory Study of K-237 - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

IT SAYS " PHASE 3 / CLINICAL TRIAL" ON THE FUCKING REPORT. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    I don't get angry normally but today my anger boiled over into tears. ...

The way the media has spun this and focused on one damn guy with a flag - and on video many people calmly ask him to leave. And the 'defacing of the Terry Fox memorial" (they put a sign in the statue's hands) which was defaced with LGBT stuff and a face mask last year - and which was immediately cleaned up other protestors.

I'm raging because these kind souls, heroic truckers do not deserve this press. They are sitting there in the freezing cold, travelled thousands of km, many not knowing if they will get reimbursed. They are fighting for us, for all Canadians and are treated like trash.
    Here is the conservative problem distilled. The thought that someone somewhere might think they are an "evil racist" is so overwhelming that it can be crippling. Until this psychological exploit is patched, there is virtually no hope of victory.

I imagine a world where the right leverages their extremists instead of crying about them. When Rush used to joke about winning with "two hands tied behind my back", he wasn't actually joking. That is how all conservatives fight.

I was trying to think of how to caption this, but I guess I'll just settle with FJB, not a joke c'mon man:

What?! - YouTube

Some points about Bitcoin if you haven't learned crypto yet:
    1. Bitcoin technology is miles behind some of the newer cryptos.
    2. Keeping your crypto on an exchange leaves it vulnerable to bank robbery or government seizure (exchanges are like a bank).
    3. The purpose of crypto is not speculation, if you are using it responsibly. Same way the purpose of oil or real estate is not speculation.
    4. Crypto should not be viewed as a stand alone system or free from risk. It is early; There will be more technological advancements that may make your current crypto choice, like BTC, obsolete in the future. There will likely be unexpected security issues, network outages, government-sponsored attacks and hacks. Plan accordingly and develop a hedging strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    I tried out Dr. Vernon Coleman's advice of repeatedly telling the security guard in the grocery store that I couldn't hear him, with hilarious results!
    ….
    That's a tactic I never tried.
    "Fuck off" worked pretty well for me if the person was aggressive.
    If they were were just trying to do their job, I sometimes replied sarcastically, laughed at them and kept going about my business. None of them pressed me further on it.
    Anyway, where I live people are mostly done with it, even when they try to reinstate mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    ... Until this psychological exploit is patched, there is virtually no hope of victory...
    It's impossible to patch.
    It only ends if or when all of these terms used for baseless slander lose power and people wear the terms as a badge of honor; like the term "Yankees" or "1%er" or "fringe minority" (Canadian Truckers).

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I was trying to think of how to caption this, but I guess I'll just settle with FJB, not a joke c'mon man:

What?! - YouTube
    All I can see is ritual humiliation. No healthy nation would allow this.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    All I can see is ritual humiliation. No healthy nation would allow this.
    Yes, they're just laughing their asses off at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    It's impossible to patch.
    It only ends if or when all of these terms used for baseless slander lose power and people wear the terms as a badge of honor; like the term "Yankees" or "1%er" or "fringe minority" (Canadian Truckers).
    My theory of this is that this is because "conservatism" is not a political strategy at all, when compared to "progressivism"

Progressivism has an end goal in mind, and a philosophical underpinning, whether it's adherents realise it or not. And that is to change because at it's core "new = better" It's the whig version of history. So on one side you have someone that is on offense and constantly trying to change, and on the other you have someone that is constantly on defense, who's best outcome in each individual battle is a stalemate. That can never win in a strategic contest. It's just a series of draws punctuated by losses, with no wins, because the movement is philosophically incapable of winning.

To counter progressivism you need a movement that is in opposition to this, a movement that aims to repeal, rather than conserve.

But people are so far away from this because merely floating the idea of say, repealing the civil rights act would result in gasps of horror from even conservatives. You think Dan Crenshaw would suggest an idea like that? Or what about repealing Reagans 1986 immigration reform and control act. Grab the smelling salts -- half the republican party just fainted.
    There is no existing political philosophy, let alone a party that can provide an actual resistance to progressivism.

Reuters to the rescue again. This time to spin the actuary debacle.
    Life insurers adapt pandemic risk models after claims jump | Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Jesus, they just nut-checked Reuters and sent them home with their tail between their legs. How much more obvious could this get...

A Phase III Confirmatory Study of K-237 - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

IT SAYS " PHASE 3 / CLINICAL TRIAL" ON THE FUCKING REPORT. That is all.
    Reuters actually reported that point correctly in their original post of the article before they updated it a few hours later in order to spin the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Reuters to the rescue again. This time to spin the actuary debacle.
    Life insurers adapt pandemic risk models after claims jump | Reuters

Reuters actually reported that point correctly in their original post of the article before they updated it a few hours later in order to spin the narrative.
    Nutchecked by those who hate facts, it would seem. No balls in site.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Some points about Bitcoin if you haven't learned crypto yet:
    1. Bitcoin technology is miles behind some of the newer cryptos.
    2. Keeping your crypto on an exchange leaves it vulnerable to bank robbery or government seizure (exchanges are like a bank).
    3. The purpose of crypto is not speculation, if you are using it responsibly. Same way the purpose of oil or real estate is not speculation.
    4. Crypto should not be viewed as a stand alone system or free from risk. It is early; There will be more technological advancements that may make your current crypto choice, like BTC, obsolete in the future. There will likely be unexpected security issues, network outages, government-sponsored attacks and hacks. Plan accordingly and develop a hedging strategy.
    The technological advancements will be made ON Bitcoin. It is the best choice still. Other coins have focused on improving one aspect compared to Bitcoin, for example Monero's transactions anonymity, but it lacks all the other features. Or most scamcoins focus on the speed of transactions, or scalability, but other than that, they're centralized trash.
    The coins are not the technology.
    Anymore than Youtube can be compared to the Internet Protocol.
    And no, in this case the Internet Protocol is not the blockchain, it's Bitcoin.
    The blockchain is just a convenient organized way to put transactions on a digital ledger.
    As far as I know, there existed protocols for the Internet that were better than the current one, but people chose this one.
    Anyway, the possibilities when you are thinking long term technological advancements, are pretty endless, so might as well analyze things as we go.