starting strength gym
Page 1921 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 92114211821187119111919192019211922192319311971202124212921 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,210 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

Barry, I agree with you that PC (and left/right, urban/rural, national security, and now "science") are all tools used to justify bizarre, damaging decisions to the useful idiots (we the people). The true reason for the decision is very likely based on this control grid.

If you can agree there is a "control grid" influencing our leaders (corporate, NGOs, International/federal/state/local), etc), then you and I are finally on a same page. What say you?
    I would want to know more about the “control grid”, but I suspect we aren’t that far apart.

Looks like a bunch of stupid people play acting. I'm always impressed how everyone has a predetermined place to stand, with tape markers on the floor, and they still can't figure out where to go.

They're really showing themselves to do really well. - YouTube

"Gosh, so many friends here, so nice to see all of you," said in a nervous shaky voice like the "Totally a Doctor" Jill Biden is speaking to a bunch of preschoolers who ride the short bus to school, maybe.

We've talked about this before too: Breaking — Biden to send 3,000 troops to Ukraine region… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Jill probably forgot to mention this. Watch for news about China/Taiwan very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I would want to know more about the “control grid”, but I suspect we aren’t that far apart.
    The problem with this position we're both approaching is....it is a very slippery slope.

How many humans control the grid? What percentage of the planet's population does this number comprise? And finally, who are they? Are they a threat to national security? If so, what branches of our government are supposed to protect the country from these people? Are those branches captured? How do we un-capture them so they can free the country from this "control grid" or whatever you want to call it.

Why haven't our Intelligence Agencies utilized "our" surveillance technology to map this "control grid"? It is a matter of national security, is it not?

Slippery slope. I understand the hesitance. It took me many years to accept this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Barry, I agree with you that PC (and left/right, urban/rural, national security, and now "science") are all tools used to justify bizarre, damaging decisions to the useful idiots (we the people).
    I interpret Barry's PC as a flaw in human nature rather than a tool. Flaws can be exploited, but they aren't intentionally designed tools. He can correct me if I'm wrong. My frustration with this framing is that it forgives all these problems as a bug in the software, not a maliciously injected virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We've talked about this before too: Breaking — Biden to send 3,000 troops to Ukraine region… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Jill probably forgot to mention this. Watch for news about China/Taiwan very soon.
    As someone who has studied this, we must understand the following (generalized to both Russia-Ukraine and China-Taiwan, though my expertise is more the latter)
    1) The leader of the 'motherlands' are 68 (Xi) and 69 (Putin). Both have effectively installed themselves for life. Now, either may live to 100, but reasonably cannot bet on much past 80.
    2) Both leaders see the reunification of these territories as vital to their legacy. Both see the territories (ie Ukraine for Russia or Taiwan for China) as i) keystone / trophy areas ii) strategically important and iii) ethnically part of their home country (for example, Taiwan is 97% Han Chinese, a higher rate than mainland China which is 91% Han!)
    3) Both territories were lost due to great national humiliations of the respective countries, (perceived to be) led by foreign meddlers. Ie the fall of the USSR and the Chinese Civil War (which culminated the '100 years of humiliation' conquest of China by outsiders)
    4) Given their age, how long can either wait? For either territory it will take 1-2 years to effectively invade and capture and 3-5 years to effectively administer properly. Therefore, time is of the essence given (1) above
    5) The West, particularly the USA, is in a current state of political weakness which will likely persist but may, if there are fair elections (which is questionable), violently reverse in 2022 and more prominently by 2024.
    6) The West, particularly the USA, is in a current state of economic weakness, due to high debts and high inflation

When is the ideal time to strike? Probably now, MAYBE 1-2 years max. If they are cutthroat enough, perhaps just do it during the winter olympics; west will fall over itself trying to get the woke athletes out and then the territories will be ripe for taking. Or perhaps just wait another year until we engulf ourselves in stupidity.
    Just my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Good thing they’re all vexxed. Cause if not, they might have to turn around half way there.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    When Rush used to joke about winning with "two hands tied behind my back", he wasn't actually joking. That is how all conservatives fight.
    I thought the line was half his brain tied behind his back....which is an accurate representation of "conservatives" too. Hell, most of the Republicans in DC fight with at least half their souls tied behind their back too.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I interpret Barry's PC as a flaw in human nature rather than a tool. Flaws can be exploited, but they aren't intentionally designed tools. He can correct me if I'm wrong. My frustration with this framing is that it forgives all these problems as a bug in the software, not a maliciously injected virus.
    I’m not claiming PC is the root of all evil, just that it might explain the global response to COVID. I do think that many people believe PC is virtuous and I guess that should be considered a flaw in being human. However, there are also many people who exploit PC for some other gain.