starting strength gym
Page 1935 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 93514351835188519251933193419351936193719451985203524352935 ... LastLast
Results 19,341 to 19,350 of 30183

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    It's not stupid, but it's a decentralized currency in a world where governments control that currency. It is technically a harder currency (Bitcoin specifically) than humanity has ever seen. Much moreso than precious/industrial metals. It is fully dependent on the internet, though, and it doesn't do a lot of people any good when you can't readily buy gas and groceries.

It holds a lot of potential. Chief among them is likely a way to divest from the US dollar during inflation and economic depression/collapse. This was widely prevalent in Germany. It's not as useful as food, tools, home goods, a reliable vehicle, etc., so if one needed such things it would behoove them to sort that out first.

It carries its own risks, though. Many of them significant.
    It is a payment system, not a currency. You still have to put real money into it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Finally this scum is taken off the steets

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/statu...19892169383941
    Every single video of these suckers...I mean truckers (shutting down you neighbors' supply chain while the elites have bunkers where they could live for a decade is just retarded) engaging these pigs has the truckers and company shouting down even the slightest acknowledgment of the potential reality of violence. This just tells me they're doomed.

The only thing tyrants fear is the threat of violence.

They keep making it clear that that is off the table.

You certainly don't start there, but there is no sign that there is any sort of line where these people are willing to go there. Videos of mistreatment are only useful to the degree they get a reaction that matters.

"Don't tred on me because you might dirty your boots" seems to be the rally call here. They'll happily raise taxes for new boots.

The only thing tyrants fear is the threat of violence.

Was reading through old posts in this thread and...

From 11/2/2020:

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

The year is 2084. You will have no privacy, you will own nothing, you will have forced equity and you will read communist propaganda about how happy you are:
    Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
    Too lazy to read, I found the 1995 showtime film. This story was written in 1961. It captures the world we now find ourselves. Government mandated equality by handicapping everyone to bring them down to a common level of incompetence, un-athletic, inability to focus on anything, etc. Humans are bred like cattle to balance out any inequalities. The justification is talent causes envy which causes unhappiness / jealousy and eventually war / revolution. There is a class who secretly exist without handicaps; they are responsible for managing / engineering society.

Apparently, this movie was quickly removed and could only be found for high $$$ on VHS tape for years.

It is now available in the Internet Movie Archive and also on youtube: Harrison Bergeron

There is a newer 27 minute movie based on the story on Amazon entitled "2081", but this is "currently unavailable in our location"....of course.

Anyway, thanks Yngvi for posting this Vonnegut story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    No, I haven't studied anything about it after I figured out it was stupid as fuck. That's all we do as human beings is form opinions based on our experience. You know whether or not to add cream to your morning coffee based on an opinion formed after an experience. Look, I get that you're a fanboy on this but you haven't at all addressed one of my serious points which is the volatility of bitcoin. No one wants the price to rise after an agreed upon amount is set. No one wants to receive less than promised for their hard work. That's always going to be a stumbling block. I believe your faith that Bitcoin has an ability to last is misplaced. It's just another fiat currency -- it's just one that's new and on computer and thus interesting. Fine, be a fan boy. But have a back up plan.
    Bitcoin is the only back up plan, besides going back to barter, that we have, as of now, to save ourselves from the inevitable demise of the fiat currency system, before an actual world government is institued and a global CBDC is created and we are all fucked.
    Volatility stops being an issue with mass adoption, which is the main goal.
    It's pretty obvious that the more people use it, the more the price goes up, the more volume will be needed for the price to go up, or down, and it will eventually reach some sort of peak and stabilize.
    Do you have any other reason other than the volatility to justify your "stupid as fuck, it's just another fiat currency" opinion about Bitcoin? That sure as hell can't be the ONLY thing you've learnt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    These changes will include targeting hate crimes, COVID-19 disinformation and so-called Internet “trolling”.
    U.K. unveils plan to strengthen Online Safety Bill - Rebel News
    Odd that these "Internet Safety" bills are being rolled out in western countries in lock-step.
    The UK bill would bring censorship, corruption and unaccountable government prosecution of criticisms almost in line with the China model.
    They will have an any easy time planting evidence of digital crimes on their detractors, protestors or innocent civilians.

----------------------------

The most recent news from our competent, efficient and hard working friends in the CCP.
    Olympians complain about food, isolation rooms at Winter Games

All of this with government pawns, like Pelosi warning athletes against posting anything that could hurt the feelings of the CCP, because China could attack the athletes "reputations....and their families"
    Pelosi Warns Team USA Athletes Not to Anger the 'Ruthless' Chinese Government

We had all better do the same here; If we dare question the competency, efficiency or work ethic of one of the primary financial and logistical backers of our Covid lockdowns and recent color revolution, it will only give the CCP more credibility.
    Furthermore, since they are so competent, efficient and hard working, how would it ever be possible to compete with them without becoming a similarly centralized, authoritarian surveillance state?
    Is this really a useful way to think about the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post
    it has many of same qualities as gold like limited production, fungibility, and immutability.
    Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but this is not entirely true: Bitcoin's Fungibility Graveyard | sethforprivacy.com

I think smart contracts, underpinned by decentralized cryptocurrency, will be one of the most important developments in business and economic history. Eventually, at some point. If your engagement with these technologies is limited to speculative investment or "mining rigs", then disappointment and misapprehension are expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Was reading through old posts in this thread and...

Too lazy to read, .
    One of my favorites. You can listen to it being read. It’s only a 16 minute short story.

"Harrison Bergeron" Audiobook - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Speaking of pieces of shit, here's one that just won't flush down the toilet.

Democrat Schumer trying to be cute. - YouTube

I'll have to reference some of my old engineering textbooks to determine how much force would be required to knock those glasses back in place on his stupid grinning face.