starting strength gym
Page 1936 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 93614361836188619261934193519361937193819461986203624362936 ... LastLast
Results 19,351 to 19,360 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    It is a payment system, not a currency. You still have to put real money into it.
    "Real money."

All currency is a means of exchanging wealth. Bitcoin does that. US dollars do that. That some of you don't understand that distinction between money and wealth, but comment on it anyway, is far more of a problem than any of the technical or pragmatic details of either currency.

I'm not invested in Bitcoin, but if I could divest from the US Dollar in a meaningful way it would be done already.

One thing's for certain everyone - I don't think we can ever make fun of the Canadians again:

Freedom Convoy Preemptive SOS Press Conference Feb.7, 2022 | IrnieracingNews - YouTube

God help them all and hope Trudeau doesn't have anyone beaten or killed.

Trudeau's brother speaks on him:

Justin Trudeau's brother Kyle Kemper joins Dan Wootton to discuss the Canadian truckers - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Bitcoin is the only back up plan, besides going back to barter, that we have, as of now, to save ourselves from the inevitable demise of the fiat currency system, before an actual world government is institued and a global CBDC is created and we are all fucked.
    We already got a one world government, We have had it for at least 5000 years. We have also already had a CBDC since the 50s, it is called the Eurodollar system.

----------------------------------------------------------

I just got word from a fourth booster victim in four days, the guy has been having the same symptoms as I had after my first shot, but his thing has been going on for almost three weeks. He doesn’t yet think it is the vaccine, but “Covid”, but he’s a smart guy, I expect him to see the light, assuming he survives. It seems the more of these doses you get, the higher the likelihood of dying you face.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    You will have no privacy, you will own nothing
    That's the title of a famous WEF document, although they set it in 2030.
    Another example of life imitating art?

IPB

besides going back to barter
    As far as I know, anthropologists have never found evidence for any society, no matter how old, functioning purely (or even predominantly) on barter (the late David Graeber had a very interesting back-and-forth with some guy from the Von Mises Institute about this:

David Graeber: On the Invention of Money – Notes on Sex, Adventure, Monomaniacal Sociopathy and the True Function of Economics | naked capitalism).

I also cant' see why the demise of fiat currencies would necessarily send us to a barter system. There have been many times in the past when currency systems have switched from species to fiat and back, but barter didn't happen as a consequence.

IPB

Pfizer Forecasts $54 Billion in 2022 Sales From Its Covid-19 Vaccine, Treatment - WSJ

Just like they planned it. $100 billion in revenue this year, “It’s our all-time record high”.

Bitcoin is the only back up plan, besides going back to barter, that we have, as of now, to save ourselves from the inevitable demise of the fiat currency system, before an actual world government is institued and a global CBDC is created and we are all fucked.

Franscesco let me save you some trouble, man. Keep as many Euros or Lira as you need for your daily sustenance for the near term, and exchange everything else into rubles.

The Russian government paid off its debts in full many years ago (something I'm sure TBTB could not stand), and they've got plenty of natural resources and a cheap labor economy to keep them and their currency rolling. The ruble's exchange rate got REAMED in 2008ish, and still fluctuates wildly, from 25 to the dollar to where it's now 70+ to the dollar, but that's only thanks to the Westerners' SaNcTiOnS, those rulers of the fiat currencies. Also their military seems to me pretty damned strong, even if they spend so much less than us, given that our personnel costs are HUGE compared to their salaries and benes.

We're getting back to a world where Might is Right, correct? The winners ACT and TAKE, while the losers WHINE and CITE LAWS.

-USA was wrong to take out Ghadaffi, but who cares, Libya's ours, now.
    -No WMDs but look, the Iraqis are democratizing!
    -Russia was wrong to take Crimea, but it's hers now and they people even voted to stay in Russia
    -HRC was wrong to have separate servers and then hide/destroy them, but no one's seen her emails still, right?
    -those Canadian mounties WEREN'T ALLOWED to take those supplies and fuel, but they did
    -Nuremberg outlaws your kid being forcibly masked, but your grandkids are wearing muzzles to school
    -rioting and looting are illegal, but....BLM
    -molotov cocktails are illegal, but that NYC diversity hire lawyer who molotov'ed a cop car got a slap on the wrist, because....BLM

Anyone who wants to continue this list is welcome to!!

The point is, to win people take action NOW and let the dweebs (such as the GOP) debate the lawfulness LATER.

And, Francesco, I think Russia will be much better prepared to ACT in your post-fiat world, than some Reddit and 4chan dweebs, even with their MASSIVE, coin MINING, computing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

----------------------------

The most recent news from our competent, efficient and hard working friends in the CCP.
    Olympians complain about food, isolation rooms at Winter Games

Furthermore, since they are so competent, efficient and hard working, how would it ever be possible to compete with them without becoming a similarly centralized, authoritarian surveillance state?
    Is this really a useful way to think about the matter?
    Yngvi, thanks for sending another excellent example of ACTING, while allowing the LOSERS to WHINE about unlawfulness.

Imagine that your political and cultural enemies were silly enough to:
    Allow you to host a second Olympic games;
    Send their young, strong citizens to your country to compete;
    Implement your outlandish C*v*d protocols on their own citizenry, then get outraged at the severity of these restrictions being applied to their athletes;
    See all of this going on, and complain to "Olympic bodies," and continue participating.

The "useful way of thinking" is not to become authoritarian like China to succeed, it's to ACT SWIFTLY and WITH CONVICTION on the issues and principles that matter the most to you. The Chinese would have been silly to give up such an easy chance to humiliate their rivals! And one look at the issues and principles that the West has acted on swiftly and with conviction over the past half-century should have us all worried, or at least engulfed with rage.

It's warriors like this lady that gives me hope for humanity!
    CBC Workers In Ottawa "Must Watch" | IrnieracingNews - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Assuming this is true, it's not surprising. But the fact that some clown posted the thing yesterday about the Ottawa police resigning makes everything suspect, if it sounds too pat, or too good to be true.

__________________________________________________ ______

And here is to day's These-People-Will-Say-Anything video: Cloudflare
    Truth is probably somewhere between the twitter clown and the AP/Ottawa police clowns. Their denials were a little too emphatic and universal. There have probably been several threats of resignation that haven't been executed yet, prompting the rumors.

Ottawa Police Staff Sargent Resigns From Position Today

This is still "inside sources say say", so nothing official yet.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    It's warriors like this lady that gives me hope for humanity!
    CBC Workers In Ottawa "Must Watch" | IrnieracingNews - YouTube
    These pieces of shit operate at the same level as the Gestapo-level cops: Media Covers Itself in Shame With Its Coverage of Canadian Freedom Convoy