starting strength gym
Page 1943 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 94314431843189319331941194219431944194519531993204324432943 ... LastLast
Results 19,421 to 19,430 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a great explanation of why there is no reason for States to exist whatsoever.
    There is no use for them, they only exist because most people believe in the superstition that everything works because of it, when in fact, it's almost the opposite. If something doesn't work, chances are the State is involved in it. If it does work, the government is just sucking money out of it for its own purposes, so it would work better without its interference.
    All it takes is a motivated minority to not back down, and the whole charade is over pretty quickly. They will try to cover it, put someone better in charge and give the truckers what they ask for. But that's a temporary win. The real victory would be to eliminate the parasitic entity, or it will grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    You haven't answered me yet. If it's that easy, why haven't they done it yet and just put an end to it? It's been 13 years already.
    The same reason why no country's bitcoin bans ever seem to be permanent. Using political power, the prices of crypto, specifically bitcoin (the most valuable one) can be played with. Ban bitcoin in a big country, price drops. Buy bitcoin. Lift bitcoin ban, price climbs. Sell bitcoin. Repeat as often as your shitty politician heart desires. Politicans play similar games with the stock market. This push to ban government officials from trading is laughable, since they are already banned from doing it. The problem is they all sidestep that shit using members of their families, or clandestinely just selling insider info out to high bidders. Since these things aren't being pointed out at all, you know full well this is just going to be more of the same from the federal government. The problem will remain, it will just divert around some intentionally crappy legislation that was supposed to prevent it.

You haven't answered me yet. If it's that easy, why haven't they done it yet and just put an end to it? It's been 13 years already.

If you can translate this, you should read it
    Has not reached critical mass yet. Noe exactly widespread adoption, you have to admit that. But in the US the Department of Justice and the Department of Treasury are watching very very carefully for what revenue (taxes) are not being collected. When it hurts the government pocketbook then you will see action. Not the firewall example I cited earlier (extreme example but technically feasible) but certainly a regulatory framework in which it is more and more difficult to use BTC. Remember, in the US you have to declare any gains on cryptocurrency. It may lead to being more and more paperwork just to open a crypto wallet which discourages further adoption.
    BTC has to be easy to use in order to viable.

Listen, I’ve said my piece. From my middle aged perspective and data center experience, all I see are the risks.
    I have seen too many exchanges cleaned out and people not able to access their wallets to think otherwise.
    I like the theory of BTC but am not optimistic that its a long term viable option for currency, and I am not fan of propped up fiat currency manipulated by central banks and untethered from the free market value. But like I tell my kids I am frequently wrong. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Quite possible. The globohomo complex hinges on the junta's survival in a big way, and the Israelis seem to be dangerously close to waking up, so it makes sense to maintain some level of urgency. Mind you, Bibi can always get his Hamas buddies to start firing rockets, so they may fall back to that option.
    If you noticed, the most recent plants put in key high positions in governments all over the world were useful IDIOTS. When I say idiots I mean their intelligence is extremely low. This was not an accident. However it does come at a cost. That these fools cannot introduce new policies as they can barely justify existing policies. Benet, the current prime minister of Israel, is a docile buffoon and everyone laughs at him from all parts of society here in Israel.
    It is very possible that if the decision is made to push forward with more of the agenda and take away more rights, that Netanyahu will be installed in his place. While Netanyahu is more of a controversial figure, he does command much respect from many levels of Israeli society. That is why Netanyahu was chosen to push the vaccine agenda in the first place.

However, if the agenda is to start pulling back on the covid narrative, it is very possible, as you say, that a new limited war will start to be used as a diversion. The media as of late, has been promoting a new laser system that is being installed that can supposedly shoot down mortars. Let's see where the narrative goes when this is operational and they need some field tests.

And again as you say, it would more likely be with Hamas, as Nasralah has been coming out with some interesting statements not in favor of war as of late. It appears from those statements that the off shore gas field arguments between Lebanon and Israel are starting to be worked out and a possible solution might be on the horizon.

This is absolutely ridiculous, it has got nothing to do with reality. I work in agriculture, the amount of subsidy specifically for meat productions, as well as the enlargement of meat production capacities is unparalleled in history, on a global scale. In addition, the governments are actively taking on most of the cost for the meat price in order to keep it down. Stop reading the fake right wing blogs.
    While what Subby says is certainly Klaus Slobs wet dream, my son just bought a ticket to Cypress for $17. I work in Poland and currently the tickets to get there are super cheap. Even tickets to the USA are pretty good at the moment.

I work in Poland as a kosher slaughterer. We slaughter about 350 head of cattle in our shift. There are usually 2 shifts, sometimes 3. There have been ups and downs with regards to the total numbers of head, but nothing out of the ordinary when compared to the last 5 years that I have seen.

If there come drops in numbers on a consistent basis I will update you all. I have heard rumors that Romania is looking to get serious into to the cattle growing and slaughter industry lately.

By the way, for those of you who don't know our beloved italian PM very well, this article will tell you a little bit about him (you can translate with google) :

Derivati di Stato: quando Mario Draghi svendette l’Italia alle banche d’affari - Il Paragone

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Very well stated. He didn't discuss the role of the state media though, so here's JP on that subject:

Mass Formation Psychosis - 5 Things You Need to Know! - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Has not reached critical mass yet. Noe exactly widespread adoption, you have to admit that. But in the US the Department of Justice and the Department of Treasury are watching very very carefully for what revenue (taxes) are not being collected. When it hurts the government pocketbook then you will see action. Not the firewall example I cited earlier (extreme example but technically feasible) but certainly a regulatory framework in which it is more and more difficult to use BTC. Remember, in the US you have to declare any gains on cryptocurrency. It may lead to being more and more paperwork just to open a crypto wallet which discourages further adoption.
    BTC has to be easy to use in order to viable.

Listen, I’ve said my piece. From my middle aged perspective and data center experience, all I see are the risks.
    I have seen too many exchanges cleaned out and people not able to access their wallets to think otherwise.
    I like the theory of BTC but am not optimistic that its a long term viable option for currency, and I am not fan of propped up fiat currency manipulated by central banks and untethered from the free market value. But like I tell my kids I am frequently wrong. A lot.
    I appreciate you laying out the risks.
    But BTC and crypto exchanges, are not the same thing. There is no paperwork to create a bitcoin wallet. Only cryptography and randomness.
    If you hold BTC on an exchange, they are not yours. Kinda like holding dollars in a bank.

New Homeland Security Terrorism Bulletin Targets Freedom of Speech in America – PJ Media

In a Feb. 7 National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ underlings claimed an increased likelihood of violent attacks on and within the United States, thanks to “… an online environment filled with false or misleading narratives and conspiracy theories, and other forms of mis- dis- and mal-information (MDM) introduced and/or amplified by foreign and domestic threat actors” [seeking to] “exacerbate societal friction to sow discord and undermine public trust in government institutions to encourage unrest, which could potentially inspire acts of violence.”

Just in case there is any doubt in anybody’s mind about who DHS is accusing of spreading MDM, the bulletin further pointed to:

“The proliferation of false or misleading narratives, which sow discord or undermine public trust in U.S. government institutions. For example, there is widespread online proliferation of false or misleading narratives regarding unsubstantiated widespread election fraud and COVID-19. Grievances associated with these themes inspired violent extremist attacks during 2021.”

And to drive the point home, the Biden/Mayorkas DHS bulletin warns there could be violence instigated by those election integrity and voter fraud critics during the 2022 congressional campaign:

“Some domestic violent extremists have continued to advocate for violence in response to false or misleading narratives about unsubstantiated election fraud. The months preceding the upcoming 2022 midterm elections could provide additional opportunities for these extremists and other individuals to call for violence directed at democratic institutions, political candidates, party offices, election events, and election workers.”

Do you say you doubt whether allegations made across the ideological spectrum concerning the outcomes of the 2016 and 2020 elections have been fully and honestly evaluated? That, according to the Biden/Mayorkas DHS bulletin, makes you a “domestic terrorist.”
    Does anyone you know fit this description? Please refrain from suggesting the virtue of washing your hands in the guts of Bill Gates.

This is a good one too: Is the DOJ Readying Biden's Brownshirts to Deal With His Political Opposition? – PJ Media

The DOJ’s announcement came during the same hearing where top officials would not answer questions about whether FBI agents or informants were involved in the events of Jan. 6. The Jan. 6 Committee is reporting that they spoke with Ray Epps, who encouraged people to enter the Capitol on Jan. 6 and was present and whispered to the person who took down the first police barricade. However, they refuse to release the November transcript. The Whitmer kidnapping case demonstrates in real time just how far the FBI will go to create a narrative. But Americans are supposed to harbor no suspicions about Jan. 6.

Another bombshell dropped regarding the letter from the National School Boards Association used by Attorney General Merrick Garland to involve the DOJ and FBI in local school board meetings. Fox News reports memos showing that Department of Education Secretary Miguel Cardona solicited the much-criticized letter. In short, it feels like the justification the DOJ is relying on to turn the intelligence tools reserved for foreign terrorists on Americans is all kabuki theater.

It also feels like only those who oppose the ruling class agenda need to worry about the threat from our own DOJ. President Joe Biden reinforced this idea Tuesday at a speech in Georgia. While encouraging Senate Democrats to blow up the filibuster to pass the federal takeover of elections, he suggested that anyone opposed to that agenda stands with Jefferson Davis, the president of the Confederacy. To rational people, that statement is insane. But the leader of the executive branch said it.
    The FBI are in fact the Brownshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The same reason why no country's bitcoin bans ever seem to be permanent. Using political power, the prices of crypto, specifically bitcoin (the most valuable one) can be played with. Ban bitcoin in a big country, price drops. Buy bitcoin. Lift bitcoin ban, price climbs. Sell bitcoin. Repeat as often as your shitty politician heart desires. Politicans play similar games with the stock market. This push to ban government officials from trading is laughable, since they are already banned from doing it. The problem is they all sidestep that shit using members of their families, or clandestinely just selling insider info out to high bidders. Since these things aren't being pointed out at all, you know full well this is just going to be more of the same from the federal government. The problem will remain, it will just divert around some intentionally crappy legislation that was supposed to prevent it.
    Same with precious metals, the market is manipulated with imaginary shares that far exceed physical supply or demand, and when the banksters get caught, they pay a billion dollar "fine" to the Fed and keep on truckin. Just a small cost in doing business for companies like JP Morgan and BlackRock.

starting strength coach development program
    This is absolutely ridiculous, it has got nothing to do with reality. I work in agriculture, the amount of subsidy specifically for meat productions, as well as the enlargement of meat production capacities is unparalleled in history, on a global scale. In addition, the governments are actively taking on most of the cost for the meat price in order to keep it down. Stop reading the fake right wing blogs.
    https://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Wh...e_Proteins.pdf
    A meat tax will secure a better future for us all
    I’m glad the reality differs from what they want, it might slow it down.

Legal or not legal doesn't make a difference, it's all about risk management. If your country makes it illegal to hold Bitcoin, that means that a whole bunch of other freedoms have been taken away, and it's time to move.
    Also, Bitcoin is not cocaine, can we stop with the nonsense comparisons?
    What illegal products do you own currently that you hold for risk management purposes? Making something illegal to own inherently changes its value as an object of risk mitigation.
    Bitcoin is akin to cocaine in that it’s a highly valuable commodity with worldwide availability to freely trade to and from fiat currency, is storeable and relatively stable, and it’s lighter than gold.