starting strength gym
Page 1967 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 96714671867191719571965196619671968196919772017206724672967 ... LastLast
Results 19,661 to 19,670 of 30231

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

There's no need to pick holes in this, Barry. We know what places like Houston are like. Globalism means that I can live essentially the same life and share exactly the same (empty) beliefs as the average liberal, card-carrying globohomo Houston urbanite over here in urban UK.
    You paint with a very broad brush. It’s going to be criticized as a sloppy lazy job.

I share your ideology more or less. But I also think that when you talk about the “average”card carrying globohomo urbanite you are harming your argument in exactly the same way the “average” self sufficient Texan image is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Did you miss the part where in 33 the Government seized gold reserves?
    As a hobbyist coin collector, I should point out the 1933 gold confiscation act did not include numismatic or "collectable" gold, jewelry, etc. This was one way many people avoided turning in their gold for paper. Others hid it in walls, books, coffee cans, etc. They figured out a way to deal with it as best they could.

Subby doesn't seem to understand that we don't always do what the government tells us to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Subby doesn't seem to understand that we don't always do what the government tells us to do.
    Yes, I remember some years back a story about an old timer who had passed away, and his family went to clean out the house, which appeared to have little value.

They used his old rock doorstop to hold the door open while moving things out, and noticed it was particularly heavy for it's size.

That's because the he had apparently melted his gold into a rock shape, painted it, and it sat on his front porch for 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Rumors are going around that many of the badgeless troops were UN soldiers, and not local or Canadian citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Rumors are going around that many of the badgeless troops were UN soldiers, and not local or Canadian citizens.
    The interviews I've seen with Canadian citizens is these nameless faceless jackboots won't speak to them. Is it because they don't have the universally recognized Canadian accent, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Crony capitalism is the result of government trying to manipulate the free market. Other systems where government gets to do that completely unchecked are not the answer. I don't know if I'd categorize Russia as putting their people first either. Putin plays nice with daddy Klaus, and I've seen plenty of rumblings about mask and vax mandates from there as well.
    Commander, I appreciate your optimism and patriotism, bit this sounds too much like a schoolhouse rock-y analysis of the pros and cons of 2022 America vs. Russia, or even Brezhnev's USSR.

The Russians in '05 when I was studying abroad told me that Americans were less free and that our corruption was simply more "polite" and I scoffed, but after the weaponization of Obama's IRS,,Hillarygate, and up through these past two years, who can argue with that?

Where does 2022 America "win" in a head to head?
    Borders? Russia has them.
    Masks on children? Only on the States.
    Strict immigration quotas? Russia, check; the States, not since the 50's.

Russia literally had protests over Navalny's arrest in the spring of 2021 (he's like their Bernie Sanders), and yes people got arrested, but no one's still rotting as a political prisoner, other than Navalny, like our 1/6 tourists, from that same time period, are.

How many of our relatives, if not us, ourselves, have muzzled our children to send them to school, understanding how our debt servant role in this economy has limited how much we challenge our government, and how unrealistic it would be to quit our jobs and pull them from school? The "communism lite" in today's Russia is what makes people less law abiding, in ways that often boost their "day to day" liberty, is what I was referring to in that maybe being more preferable to our subservient tax serf system.

Yes, in some ways Putin is also subservient to the WEF, for example the president of Sberbank, German Graff, is widely considered to be a globalist stooge. But only a wide-eyed idealist could think Putin is more of their puppet than our sleazy leaders.

Remember that oft-parodied call for unity in the 2000s, "they hate us fer our freedom"?

I'm actually beginning to think that's why the Western elites uniformly hate the Russians: for their lack of sovereign debt and resultant freedom from the IMF'ers! (International MotherFuckers)

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Is the person on the list employed with a unit enforcing this bullshit? Did the person resign or at least speak out publicly? If the answers are yes and no, it can't be that wrong.
    And I think this is the point, Rip, that your and the Right's polite, principled stand is what leads the opposition nowhere. Every single 1/6 tourist is a political prisoner now - they all made the list - not just the ones who knocked over gates or entered our sleazy leaders' offices. Every single business was torched by BLM. Every attendee in line at an Ann Coulter college speech harassed. And so on.

"What if the list is wrong?" checks all the logical, non-hypocritical, prove-that-our-thinking-is-right boxes, but our kids and grandkids won't care that our RHETORIC was correct, when they see the country that they're inheriting from us, thanks to our lack of acting first and thinking later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    And I think this is the point, Rip, that your and the Right's polite, principled stand is what leads the opposition nowhere. Every single 1/6 tourist is a political prisoner now - they all made the list - not just the ones who knocked over gates or entered our sleazy leaders' offices. Every single business was torched by BLM. Every attendee in line at an Ann Coulter college speech harassed. And so on.

"What if the list is wrong?" checks all the logical, non-hypocritical, prove-that-our-thinking-is-right boxes, but our kids and grandkids won't care that our RHETORIC was correct, when they see the country that they're inheriting from us, thanks to our lack of acting first and thinking later.
    I am not going to dox the names of people on a list that might very well have been prepared for just this purpose. The list might be the list of Life Members of the NRA, for all I know, and I'm not going to do it. There is enough occasional wrong shit on this forum already.

starting strength coach development program
    Kosovo-is-in-Serbia — ImgBB

Hope this pic comes through. Quite timely with our current events: did anyone sanction US in the nineties for recognizing Kosovo's independence!?

The text says: "Kosovo is Serbia; The Crimea is Russia. Russia doesn't sell friendship!"

This is a mural in the south of Moscow, kind of a working class area, near the infamous SAMBO 70 training center, actually.

It's another way the Russkies can be hated for their freedom, I guess: what would happen if a working-class American drew a mural in SW DC that went against the WEF's ideals, or the "multicultural" ideal that every culture coming in just off the boat is intrinsically valuable?