starting strength gym
Page 1969 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 96914691869191919591967196819691970197119792019206924692969 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,690 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    What makes you think that will help? even in a charitable hypothetical where the police aren't beating you in cells till you tell them, drug dealers get convicted all the time despite declaring they've never touched illegal items. How is telling police you lost the firearms they know you have going to help?
    They don't know I have anything, unless they see me with it. We sell guns privately all the time. I have bought handguns from police officers. You just don't understand these things.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    So this reinterpretation of the data was able to create a single graph from an excel spreadsheet from a study where the primary intervention increased mask compliance to far less than 50% of a rural population and showed a nominal effect on decreased cases of COVID in this community somehow showed that masks are ineffective? How is one able to make such a bold statement that masks don't work based on this reinterpretation of the data?

I personally don't care if you wear a mask or not. Just don't post nonsensical garbage simply because it conforms to your preexisting biases.
    Sorry Charlie, I haven't bought into the mask bullshit from day one. If you can't see it's a sign of enslavement, I'm not sure what to say, other than breathing fresh air feels great, and the boot on the neck does not.

Lucky the police don't have infrastructure to track and monitor people making purchases of items clandestinely.

Just in case people are thinking that the covid stuff might be rolling back, get ready for climate lockdowns next.

https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/statu...62915367870465

What makes you think that will help? even in a charitable hypothetical where the police aren't beating you in cells till you tell them, drug dealers get convicted all the time despite declaring they've never touched illegal items. How is telling police you lost the firearms they know you have going to help?
    Well, I live on a very heavily wooded 10 acre parcel, which is part of 100 acres of land shared with 4 other family members and neighbors. Our property adjoins 10,000 acres of state forest with trails I've walked, mini-biked and snowmobiled for 50 years. Across the road from the freshwater creeks, is 1 quadrillion gallons of clean fresh water.

I know a few places to hide things if need be.

Lucky the police don't have infrastructure to track and monitor people making purchases of items clandestinely.
    If they do, the purchase is not "clandestine." Guy walks in the gym, says, "You wanna buy a Glock 23?" I say, "How much?" He says "$450." I say, "Cash okay? Here."

Do the Australian cops have their thumbs on your ass so hard you can't buy something without the PM knowing about it? What kind of a fucked up world is that? I guess nobody does drugs in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    So this reinterpretation of the data was able to create a single graph from an excel spreadsheet from a study where the primary intervention increased mask compliance to far less than 50% of a rural population and showed a nominal effect on decreased cases of COVID in this community somehow showed that masks are ineffective? How is one able to make such a bold statement that masks don't work based on this reinterpretation of the data?

I personally don't care if you wear a mask or not. Just don't post nonsensical garbage simply because it conforms to your preexisting biases.
    I didn't see Kirsch's analysis, but Ben Recht (linked therein) makes complete sense in his blog posts. (He is indeed quite smart, and pretty much the only thing he'd want from me is the argm.in domain name.) His first post is just a reminder of what Kendrick et al have also pointed out - that (relative) efficacy is a misleading headline metric. An "effective" treatment might not "actually work". His second post illustrates that cluster-randomization can reduce your effective sample size as low as the number of clusters, due to correlations within each cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Sorry Charlie, I haven't bought into the mask bullshit from day one. If you can't see it's a sign of enslavement, I'm not sure what to say, other than breathing fresh air feels great, and the boot on the neck does not.
    I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing about here. I was simply commenting on the details regarding the very loose reinterpretation of a specific study. It is far more likely that it is not the mask that is ineffective, but the population's noncompliance with wearing a mask is ineffective. I personally haven't worn a mask outside of work for the better part of the past year. I also haven't seen that many places where it is strictly enforced. Saying it is "a sign of enslavement" is a bit much, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just don't conflate your opinions as facts like the authors of that [sarcasm]well researched[/sarcasm] paper did. When the rebuttal to the research is shittier than the original research it only weakens your argument.

Just in case people are thinking that the covid stuff might be rolling back, get ready for climate lockdowns next.

https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/statu...62915367870465
    You are correct, however, climate lockdowns will have to wait a bit. WW3 is a much more effective distraction, and money maker, so here we are...

Of course we have drugs. "I lost them in a boating accident" isn't a magic spell that will make government forget about you and take you off the "domestic terror" list.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Along the same lines: Are You Ready To Be an American Kulak?
    https://wentworthreport.com/2021/11/...merican-kulak/

Are you a kulak? Like other trends in western politics this will spread from the US, so don’t be too smug if you’re [not American]
    Who is the American kulak? Like in the USSR, the definition is loose and ever-expanding. Some of the traits that push one toward kulakdom are obvious: Superficial markers like being white and male. But other kulak traits are less immediately obvious. They are the social markers of kulakdom: Being a small business owner, being the married parent of young children, being a heritage American descended from those who sailed on the Mayflower, signed the Declaration of Independence, or fought in the Civil War.

Like the Russian kulaks, American kulaks represent the national hinterland. They are physically and politically remote from any center of real power, yet vilified as the source of all the nation’s problems. Unlike the Russian kulak, American kulakdom is racialized: To be a white is to be a kulak, unless one is admitted to a narrow band of the elect. But it is not exclusively whites who are kulaks. Just as in Russia a poor peasant who aggravated the regime was swiftly branded a kulak, a non-white who makes too much common cause with “white” priorities will also be a kulak.

The American kulak, whatever his color, is a person who understands the great country that America was. They are a person who expects and demands safe streets, effective infrastructure, and quality public schools, and who helped create and perpetuate those things in the past.

The American kulak is a person who remembers and longs for a country that didn’t hate its own people, its own heroes, its own history. The American kulak is a person who believes in all those mundane traits that CRT handouts describe as facets of “white supremacy.”