COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 1970

starting strength gym
Page 1970 of 2556 FirstFirst ... 9701470187019201960196819691970197119721980202020702470 ... LastLast
Results 19,691 to 19,700 of 25557

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #19691
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    313

    Default

    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    • starting strength seminar april 2023
    • starting strength seminar june 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Who would ever have predicted this in Canada? The Left is always evil, they merely want power, they are not liberal, and they haven't ever been liberal. The Left cannot be reasoned with. They are the enemy, and they must be dealt with as such.
    I think that classic liberals (think Jordan Peterson type), are a different breed. This type of person would be open to new ideas and pursuing truth and tolerance of all walks of life thst are not harming anyone else. They might feel committed to helping people are are down and out.

    The leftist regime that's in charge is quite literally the opposite. They aren't even liberal at all. They are incredibly intolerant, violent, and unconcerned who with they hurt. They're seeking to destroy freedom and see an end to Western democracy. As Josh Rogin has investigated, the CCP was effectively able to inject this thinking into our society without anyone realizing it - it was all planned, and it worked. Dark side of the internet in a free society.

    Rip - even if the US divides and we get a new map, we would be much weaker due to the fragmentation. We'd be easy pickings for China and/or Russia to destroy what's left of us.

    From where I am standing, we are fucked either way. Whether you get a new map or not, these people will just not leave us alone. I think we need to figure out how to fix this first - end the division, cure the diseased state of our society's thinking, and unite. What other choice would we have?

  2. #19692
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If they do, the purchase is not "clandestine." Guy walks in the gym, says, "You wanna buy a Glock 23?" I say, "How much?" He says "$450." I say, "Cash okay? Here."

    Do the Australian cops have their thumbs on your ass so hard you can't buy something without the PM knowing about it? What kind of a fucked up world is that? I guess nobody does drugs in Australia.
    See here in Australia specifically my state of Queensland for instance, to own a gun you have to apply for a gun licence with an easy 6 month wait (sometimes as long as 2 years). Then you have to apply for a licence to purchase a gun, again another long wait. Then when you can finally buy a gun it has a serial number that is given to the government and police force who can then come to your residence whenever they want to check on you and your gun and make sure it is stored correctly and harass you about your choice to own a gun. No Aussies I know of can fathom that buying a gun in Texas is no different to buying a pair of pants. We have never left the master slave relationship left over from being a penal colony unfortunately.

  3. #19693
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    So this reinterpretation of the data was able to create a single graph from an excel spreadsheet from a study where the primary intervention increased mask compliance to far less than 50% of a rural population and showed a nominal effect on decreased cases of COVID in this community somehow showed that masks are ineffective? How is one able to make such a bold statement that masks don't work based on this reinterpretation of the data?

    I personally don't care if you wear a mask or not. Just don't post nonsensical garbage simply because it conforms to your preexisting biases.
    Bruno is still with us.

  4. #19694
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Don't tell me what to post, Charlie. I've been over this before.
    What the fuck is it with the first and last name usernames and camel notation? It's almost an uncanny pattern at this point.

  5. #19695
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,008

  6. #19696
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Commander, I appreciate your optimism and patriotism, bit this sounds too much like a schoolhouse rock-y analysis of the pros and cons of 2022 America vs. Russia, or even Brezhnev's USSR.

    The Russians in '05 when I was studying abroad told me that Americans were less free and that our corruption was simply more "polite" and I scoffed, but after the weaponization of Obama's IRS,,Hillarygate, and up through these past two years, who can argue with that?

    Where does 2022 America "win" in a head to head?
    Borders? Russia has them.
    Masks on children? Only on the States.
    Strict immigration quotas? Russia, check; the States, not since the 50's.

    Russia literally had protests over Navalny's arrest in the spring of 2021 (he's like their Bernie Sanders), and yes people got arrested, but no one's still rotting as a political prisoner, other than Navalny, like our 1/6 tourists, from that same time period, are.

    How many of our relatives, if not us, ourselves, have muzzled our children to send them to school, understanding how our debt servant role in this economy has limited how much we challenge our government, and how unrealistic it would be to quit our jobs and pull them from school? The "communism lite" in today's Russia is what makes people less law abiding, in ways that often boost their "day to day" liberty, is what I was referring to in that maybe being more preferable to our subservient tax serf system.


    Yes, in some ways Putin is also subservient to the WEF, for example the president of Sberbank, German Graff, is widely considered to be a globalist stooge. But only a wide-eyed idealist could think Putin is more of their puppet than our sleazy leaders.

    Remember that oft-parodied call for unity in the 2000s, "they hate us fer our freedom"?

    I'm actually beginning to think that's why the Western elites uniformly hate the Russians: for their lack of sovereign debt and resultant freedom from the IMF'ers! (International MotherFuckers)
    "Putin is slightly less corrupted by the global elite, so him and his system of government are superior." Things are fucked here not because our system of government made it that way, but because we allowed them to. We have the ability to stop them, but no one really wants to. But if we give up our ability to allow them to do this, they will just do it even harder, because now they don't have to even care. It was things we already forfeited to our government years ago that even gave them the ability to do this. Patriotism has nothing to do with it. I distrust every single government on Earth, and if you don't too, you're a fool.

  7. #19697
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    386

  8. #19698
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Rip - even if the US divides and we get a new map, we would be much weaker due to the fragmentation. We'd be easy pickings for China and/or Russia to destroy what's left of us.
    I think you're about to see that this is already the case with the same map we have now.

  9. #19699
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing about here. I was simply commenting on the details regarding the very loose reinterpretation of a specific study. It is far more likely that it is not the mask that is ineffective, but the population's noncompliance with wearing a mask is ineffective. I personally haven't worn a mask outside of work for the better part of the past year. I also haven't seen that many places where it is strictly enforced. Saying it is "a sign of enslavement" is a bit much, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just don't conflate your opinions as facts like the authors of that [sarcasm]well researched[/sarcasm] paper did. When the rebuttal to the research is shittier than the original research it only weakens your argument.
    My argument is simple. I refuse to wear a mask. Period.

  10. #19700
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,565

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    It is far more likely that it is not the mask that is ineffective, but the population's noncompliance with wearing a mask is ineffective.
    Can you cite any other studies that show effectiveness for wearing The Mask? And if nobody wears them correctly, what is the net difference between mask/no mask?

    __________________________________________________ ___________________

    Here's a nice essay for Subby: Just This One Simple Trick – According To Hoyt

    It will explain some things.

    One of the things that had my jaw dropping was all the people going “well, Canada is lost. Game over, man.”

    The same people tend to draw an A to B to C line on our own demise. It goes something like “The left does a thing to get martial law. They go door to door and confiscate guns/put people in camps. They control everything forever.”

    It makes me want to scream and then line people up so I can slap them all at once. (I need bigger hands.)

    That’s not reality. That’s a movie.

    That kind of thing works well in movies, because then the credits roll and you know it’s bad forever. “Game over, man, game over.”

    It also works well in movies because the filmmakers are steeped in the “ways things work” in movies (but not in reality.) Oh, and because Americans and probably Canadians, have no idea how vast their own country is, or how different from the countries in which this sort of thing has worked.

    The only country as vast and complicated as ours (or close to) that has managed unending tyranny is China, and right here I want to put down two caveats. Caveat number one is that we THINK so. From the outside. It’s impossible to know how complete the tyranny is on the door-to-door level. And I’d bet you money it’s far less than we (or Winnie the Xi) think(s). Second, China is a radically different and from our perspective highly weird culture. (I’m sure we’re the same to them, though they might not know it.)

    I do firmly believe that if Zhou Bai-den wanted to he could round up every liberal middle class and above urban person in the US, take their guns and put them in camps.

    The problem the Junta faces is that those are not the people who they want to do that to. And there are places in flyover country I not only wouldn’t encourage them to invade, I wouldn’t encourage them to look at sideways while considering invading. Because if they go into these nice, bucolic places, nothing will come out, except perhaps deep regrets. And I doubt even that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •