starting strength gym
Page 1971 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 97114711871192119611969197019711972197319812021207124712971 ... LastLast
Results 19,701 to 19,710 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    My argument is simple. I refuse to wear a mask. Period.

Outside of work, I also refuse to wear a mask in most instances. I just don't feel that I am being "enslaved" if I am asked to wear one. Its not a big deal. I got a haircut the other day and politely asked the girl cutting my hair if she preferred I wear one or not. I didn't know her background or medical history. She said she didn't care so I didn't wear it. Just don't be a jerk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Can you cite any other studies that show effectiveness for wearing The Mask? And if nobody wears them correctly, what is the net difference between mask/no mask?
    I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole of looking up studies regarding their effectiveness/ineffectiveness of masks when I was clearly referring to the merits of the specific study that was posted. If you considered that a well researched rebuttal of the original study your critical thinking skills are nonexistent. I already know that any posted study will either be criticized or lauded based on your conformation bias. Is there anything about what I said regarding the reinterpretation of the study you previously linked to that was incorrect?

Maybe things are different where you all live but I haven't seen any strict enforcements of masks in quite some time, so I have no reference to what this argument is about anymore. We are now at the endemic stage of this and it is not going away. I agree, we need an endgame and masks should not be expected to be worn forever. I also agree with Colorado's current stance that masks and vaccines should now be treated as a matter of personal responsibility as opposed to being mandated. I will do what I think is best to mitigate my own personal risks and you can do the same for yourselves. Agreed?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    It is far more likely that it is not the mask that is ineffective, but the population's noncompliance with wearing a mask is ineffective.
    If only we had more noncompliance. We would not be in the mess that we are currently in!

If you considered that a well researched rebuttal of the original study your critical thinking skills are nonexistent. I already know that any posted study will either be criticized or lauded based on your conformation bias. Is there anything about what I said regarding the reinterpretation of the study you previously linked to that was incorrect?
    Okay, Charlie, just for you I'm going to explain my posting policy AGAIN -- since you're new, and since you're obviously much more intelligent than I am, I guess you're worth it. Just because I post a link to something here doesn't mean that I have thoroughly investigated its accuracy or veracity. I post lots of links to lots of things on this board. I don't guarantee that all of them are correct, or even reasonable. I provide them for your information, and I expect everybody, even you, to evaluate them on your own. I've posted lots of things that turned out to be bullshit, but at least you got to read them, since CBS/ABC/NBC/CNN/FNC won't show them to you. The Bangladesh study has been kicked apart by several people several times, starting several months ago. It is widely regarded as shitty, for a variety of reasons. This last mention of it was just the latest.

I've said this 4-5 times since the start of this thread: I post things here because you don't get to see them in the state media. If you don't like it, go the fuck away.

I think you're about to see that this is already the case with the same map we have now.
    I haven't heard much about Iran lately. I wonder what those scoundrels might be up to?

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    My argument is simple. I refuse to wear a mask. Period.
    Can you cite any other studies that show effectiveness for wearing The Mask? And if nobody wears them correctly, what is the net difference between mask/no mask?

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Here's a nice essay for Subby: Just This One Simple Trick – According To Hoyt

It will explain some things.
    Okay, Charlie, just for you I'm going to explain my posting policy AGAIN -- since you're new, and since you're obviously much more intelligent than I am, I guess you're worth it. Just because I post a link to something here doesn't mean that I have thoroughly investigated its accuracy or veracity. I post lots of links to lots of things on this board. I don't guarantee that all of them are correct, or even reasonable. I provide them for your information, and I expect everybody, even you, to evaluate them on your own. I've posted lots of things that turned out to be bullshit, but at least you got to read them, since CBS/ABC/NBC/CNN/FNC won't show them to you. The Bangladesh study has been kicked apart by several people several times, starting several months ago. It is widely regarded as shitty, for a variety of reasons. This last mention of it was just the latest.

I've said this 4-5 times since the start of this thread: I post things here because you don't get to see them in the state media. If you don't like it, go the fuck away.

So basically you posted something that you may or may not agree with for people to evaluate on their own, which I did. You then seem to take issue with the fact that I posted my comments regarding my evaluation of the article. So to make certain I get this right, reading and self-evaluation of admittingly questionable articles are permitted activities, but posting your evaluations after reading these questionable articles is discouraged? And these rules were clearly cited 4-5 times within a thread comprised of ~2000 pages, containing nearly 20K posts? Seems reasonable. Glad to be here.

I don't think I can stomach another person going on about how awesome and special he is because he doesn't think masks are "a big deal." It's two fucking years of patting themselves on the back now.

--

Speaking of unverified things that might be nonsense:
    Thread Reader App

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Of course we have drugs. "I lost them in a boating accident" isn't a magic spell that will make government forget about you and take you off the "domestic terror" list.
    I should have posted this earlier. "I lost them in a boating accident" is simply a light hearted, if not humorous response to firearm confiscation rhetoric. It's not an actual thing.

Glad to be here.
    That makes one of you.

That makes one of you.
    I was just casually reading comments, and taking a sip of a vodka and soda with lime. I busted out laughing when I read this, and ended up snorting the sip into my nostrils. I must say, if you don't have povidone iodine on hand this stuff appears to make a great nasal rinse!

starting strength coach development program
    Update from my little corner of the world:

The vaccine passport system dies on the 28th.

All COVID restrictions end at midnight March 13/14.