starting strength gym
Page 1974 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 97414741874192419641972197319741975197619842024207424742974 ... LastLast
Results 19,731 to 19,740 of 30184

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I do not have an informed opinion on the Russia/Ukraine situation, but I did read this essay today, written by Putin, outlining his assessment of the historic relationship between Russia and Ukraine. I found it thought-provoking.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/66181

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    As already explained, my comments are only regarding the singular article that you posted, not the entire usefulness of masks debate as a whole. Thank you for allowing us to to review this well researched rebuttal of the original research. I now realize you would prefer that the merits of the article not be discussed. I'm sorry, I didn't understand the clearly defined rules before. Am I now to assume that your most recent post reflects your current thoughts, or do these thoughts simply reflect something to think about that you may or may not agree with? You will have to pardon my confusion, just trying to understand the rules here. If so these are your thoughts that we may comment on, where does this "40 years of literature" come from? Is this the reason why surgical masks were rarely used during surgeries and why isolation protocols used in hospitals rarely involved putting on a mask when treating patients for influenza (before COVID)? If so, I can't wait for the upcoming resistance towards soap in the future.
    Devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    You are worse than a jerk for being an enabler. If the girl cutting your hair is so fragile that she needs her customers to wear hazmat gear, she should definitely find another job. There are kids sitting in school drooling into masks all day long because people like you just want to go with the flow and not ruffle any feathers.

This is exactly the kind of pathological empathy that is destroying western civilization.

"Don't be a jerk about the poor people flooding across your border."
    "Don't be a jerk about the mentally ill guy who started wearing a dress and now seems overly interested in reading books to small children."
    "Don't be a jerk about the young boy who is being chemically castrated before puberty because mommy decided he liked playing with dolls more than toy trucks."
    "Don't be a jerk about cops in general just because so many of them kneel to the group that riots and beat the shit out of the group that actually protests peacefully."

"Don't be a jerk" = "shut up and tolerate whatever the fuck we do to you". If anything, we need far more jerks, not fewer.

Out of curiosity, how would you react if you sat down to get a haircut and were handed a mask and politely asked to wear it as the person states "I am a single mother who was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and the medications I need to take to control my MS work by suppressing my immune system and therefore I am high risk if I get COVID"? I hate to break this too you but there are day-walkers who walk among us and work beside us. They don't owe us a detailed breakdown of their medical history and they have a right to their employment as well. I don't wear a mask when out in public and haven't done so in quite some time, but if someone asks me too I don't decry "enslavement" and argue with them like a petulant child. Is it that hard for you to be kind?

Regardless, the CDC is about to lift most of the mask mandates soon as hospitalizations are down. Given your post you will be able to find new boogeymen to argue about.

The "single" graph was incapable of proving or disproving anything. No analysis was actually performed and therefore no conclusions can be drawn. Also, did you read the original study regarding the area of Bangladesh where the study was performed?
    Do a quick google search and find out what percentage of the country is rural. When you do, you will realize it is over 60% rural. It was these areas where the study was conducted. Also what I said was that the original study showed a nominal effect on reduction of covid cases when far less than 50% of the population was compliant in a rural area. I never said there was a large effect, just that drawing the definitive conclusion that masks don't work can't be done when you reinterpret the data from a study where no statistical analysis was performed that was conducted in a rural area where the majority of the population was noncompliant with the mask intervention is quite the large leap in logic. But you seem very sure of yourself, so cool.
    There is no way you are actually this stupid, so I am going to assume you are a troll.

Please explain to me which implications in the word, "rural" would interfere with a mask study; The only one I can think of is population density.

Here is the population density of Bangladesh https://www.startpage.com/av/proxy-i...9a3e174b3f5ee5

Here is California, for comparison: Map of California (Population Density) : Worldofmaps.net - online Maps and Travel Information

You don't happen to be from one of the rural parts of Los Angeles County, do you?

Outside of work, I also refuse to wear a mask in most instances. I just don't feel that I am being "enslaved" if I am asked to wear one. Its not a big deal. I got a haircut the other day and politely asked the girl cutting my hair if she preferred I wear one or not. I didn't know her background or medical history. She said she didn't care so I didn't wear it. Just don't be a jerk about it.
    I think you are just being really polite to convince yourself that the mask is not being forced on you. You have normalized this ridiculous symbolization of health status and compliance. As if asking if one would prefer you wear a mask or not while getting a haircut makes any sense at all or is some kind of polite gesture. Normal is NOT wearing a mask at the barber shop, period. Anything other than that, is pure delusion. I respect your freedom to choose whether to put it on or not, but it doesn't make it less delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Almost everything is redacted.
    That's called freedom of information, citizen, freedom to see what we want you to see.

They took the words right out of your mouth… I just hope my fellow conservatives will get off Putins nuts now. He is shinny, impulsive, and little fun…. but he is still a murderous thug displacing people who are living normal lives. A lot of people were in denial, when the IPhones show kids and women being forced out of homes or dead…. maybe one day we will see a shirtless Putin… but this time the horse will be on top.

Ukraine soldiers told Russian officer ‘go fuck yourself’ before they died on island | Ukraine | The Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Makes you wonder if the US military -- as an institution -- has this kind of balls: 'Russian warship, go f*** yourselves': Final words of Ukrainian border guards on Snake Island | Daily Mail Online
    I just read a list of sanctions against Russia. The most devastating one is the threat by Western Europe not to buy any more gas then they're already buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Can you cite any other studies that show effectiveness for wearing The Mask? And if nobody wears them correctly, what is the net difference between mask/no mask?
    The Mask is like communism - if it's not working, you are not using it correctly.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I do not have an informed opinion on the Russia/Ukraine situation, but I did read this essay today, written by Putin, outlining his assessment of the historic relationship between Russia and Ukraine. I found it thought-provoking.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/66181
    I just learned this morning that The Ukraine has been ethnically cleansing the ethnic Russians in the now newly-independent republics for something like 8 years. Do you know who funded those efforts led by some pretty nasty hold-overs from WWII?