starting strength gym
Page 1976 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 97614761876192619661974197519761977197819862026207624762976 ... LastLast
Results 19,751 to 19,760 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I just learned this morning that The Ukraine has been ethnically cleansing the ethnic Russians in the now newly-independent republics for something like 8 years. Do you know who funded those efforts led by some pretty nasty hold-overs from WWII?
    The term "Nazi" has absolutely lost all meaning when a Ukranian Jewish billionnaire is funding the self-proclaimed/formerly neo-Nazi Azov Battalion (complete with Roman salutes), and Israel exports arms to them.

Ukraine: Batallion Backed by Jewish Billionaire Sent to Fight Pro-Russian Militias | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

bne IntelliNews - Ukraine’s law enforcement clashes with far right Azov movement
    According to the above link, President Zelenskiy was the former business partner of said Jewish billionaire Ihor Kolomoisky. It gets messy.

Rights groups demand Israel stop arming neo-Nazis in Ukraine - Israel News - Haaretz.com

What the fuck is actually going on is anyone's guess, but Russia's move is very similar to Germany's moves on Poland in '39 and for many of the same reasons (to stop ethnic cleansing of their own in bitterly disputed, former regions). It does seem like the West has let this problem linger on for nearly a decade, and has put these countries in an impossible situation. Again, echoes of the late 1930's.

Do you all think Russia will simply point all their shit at the cities now, and expect everyone else in the rural areas to just fall in line? I don't think that would end well, and people won't take it if, for example, one day their local police are suddenly wearing Russian uniforms... or do you think this is the phase 1 strike, and phase 2 is all-out invasion and occupation of the whole country?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Just so I understand: Russia has invaded the country that the son of the President of the United States of America has received graft money from, and we are supposed to do ... what?
    This came up today. It’s exactly why these ethics and/or criminal violations are taken so seriously. Furthermore, nothing undermines “democracy” more than graft. And, we all know how precious democracy is.

Prior to the "invasion": Joe Biden needs, right now, to explain to American taxpayers what the definition of success is in any involvement in Ukraine. Before that Joe Biden needs to explain, convincingly, why American taxpayers should pay to defend the Ukraine border at all. Don’t hold your breath., Jeffrey Gundlach (pretty smart guy)

Same thing applies to Taiwan. I served the USA in a war. It's enough now. Why the f*ck should any of us care about any of these things. All the tired old lines have worn thin. Iraq 1, Iraq 2, Afghanistan, Libya, Iran-Contra, Crimea, Ukraine, Rwanda, Black Hawk Down, etc etc etc. It never ends. I am not saying we should, as a world superpower, be completely in our shell. But there is NEVER a clear delineation of why we get in, what constitutes success and when we get out. It is now a borderline mania, or obsession of the Romney/Hillary/Graham/Schumer 'moderates' to go and drum up shit on any conflict anywhere, about who is good and bad. If the MSM had not reported on Ukraine-Russia no one in this country would give a shit. That is a fact. The same cannot be said for many other events and atrocities in history. It is time we quit all of this.

Meanwhile...

Benny Drama Goes Viral for Hilarious White House Sketch - YouTube

Xi makes Biden look like a fool… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    They took the words right out of your mouth… I just hope my fellow conservatives will get off Putins nuts now. He is shinny, impulsive, and little fun…. but he is still a murderous thug displacing people who are living normal lives. A lot of people were in denial, when the IPhones show kids and women being forced out of homes or dead…. maybe one day we will see a shirtless Putin… but this time the horse will be on top.
    Ukraine soldiers told Russian officer ‘go fuck yourself’ before they died on island | Ukraine | The Guardian
    Zelensky, who is supported by less than 20% of Ukrainians publicly expresses a desire to become a part of NATO, obtain nukes and initiate a first strike against Russia, then backs up his crazy sabre rattling by building up a huge arsenal of weaponry thanks to the Biden Regime and conducts cross-border attacks into Russia....but somehow Putin is the bad guy?

By all appearances, Zelensky is a murderous tyrant, dead set on pointlessly killing half of the population of Ukraine and as many Russians as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Snake Island was interesting. The guys refusing to surrender and instead dying in vain in a meaningless display by people who responded to you by shrugging their shoulders and ending your existence. That's the most libertarian thing I can think off.
    Subby, is there anything you would die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I do not have an informed opinion on the Russia/Ukraine situation, but I did read this essay today, written by Putin, outlining his assessment of the historic relationship between Russia and Ukraine. I found it thought-provoking.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/66181

”On the Historical Unity of Russians and Ukrainians“ – by Vladimir Putin – 12 July 2021 | xenagoguevicene

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Zelensky, who is supported by less than 20% of Ukrainians publicly expresses a desire to become a part of NATO, obtain nukes and initiate a first strike against Russia, then backs up his crazy sabre rattling by building up a huge arsenal of weaponry thanks to the Biden Regime and conducts cross-border attacks into Russia....but somehow Putin is the bad guy?

By all appearances, Zelensky is a murderous tyrant, dead set on pointlessly killing half of the population of Ukraine and as many Russians as he can.
    Putin is a POS that will lose his little mind and go crazy before all this is over. He is a mad man who wanted to rattle the cage and he woke up the world to his real intentions. We on the right have to stop sleeping with dogs(Putin) when it fits our political desires. The Dems/media have hurt the narrative with fake collusion, Putin is still the bad guy though.

Putin is still the bad guy though.
    And when WEREN'T the damn rooskies the bad guys? From the inbred tsars, to the commissars. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Snake Island was interesting. The guys refusing to surrender and instead dying in vain in a meaningless display by people who responded to you by shrugging their shoulders and ending your existence. That's the most libertarian thing I can think off.
    I don't know who's right or who's wrong in this fight. But sometimes when you're forced to say "fuck it," you respond with "fuck you."

starting strength coach development program
    Putin is a POS that will lose his little mind and go crazy before all this is over. He is a mad man who wanted to rattle the cage and he woke up the world to his real intentions. We on the right have to stop sleeping with dogs(Putin) when it fits our political desires. The Dems/media have hurt the narrative with fake collusion, Putin is still the bad guy though.
    Putin is a man of action who openly despises the gay degeneracy of the West. Doesn't mean he's a white knight come to the rescue, but damn it's refreshing.