starting strength gym
Page 1997 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 99714971897194719871995199619971998199920072047209724972997 ... LastLast
Results 19,961 to 19,970 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    No one really knows the number of people dead from this conflict. But as I said, I'm betting your statement/question is not going to age well. I would say we can circle back to this at a later time, but to be honest, I would be glad to be wrong.
    You've not been correct once in the 17 posts you've made here; you're going to start now?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    No one really knows the number of people dead from this conflict. But as I said, I'm betting your statement/question is not going to age well. I would say we can circle back to this at a later time, but to be honest, I would be glad to be wrong.
    Circle back? There is no way this is a real human being. This person is fake, 100%, I've never been so sure of anything in my life.

ELINT News (@ELINTNews) | nitter

An Army vet buddy of mine sent me this link and said it’s a good information source. Definitely lots I haven’t seen elsewhere. Anybody familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Honest Question:

Is anyone concerned about the nations blood supply due to the use of mRNA technology?

After the the way the Red Cross and the CDC handled the AIDS crisis (see Arthur Ashe), I'm wondering if the mRNA protein can find it's way into the blood supply?

Having been told to bank my own blood prior to a surgery many years ago, as well as to avoid cadaver tendons for an ACL replacement (AIDS concern related), I'm thinking that anyone who has not gotten jabbed, would be well advised to bank blood prior to any elective surgery.
    Good question hope somebody has an answer.

Also remember that according to Kennedy’s book, Arthur Ashe died after being treated with AZT (he was HIV positive but showed no signs of AIDS when his treatment began). Another Fauci victim.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Calling someone a madman seems to me a very poor tool to examine a complex situation, although it's very convenient, it removes the need to think beyond stereotypes. For a very long time, Russia has repeatedly and consistently made clear what its demands were; as in, which issues Russia considered to be of existential importance.
    First: security
    Second: protection for Russian minorities.

In the last 30 years, both these demands have been ignored by the West; Russia's security has been undermined by NATO expansion towards the East, and Russian minorities have seen their status eroded in places like the Baltic republics and, of tragically so, in Ukraine.

Faced with increasing threats to its own existence, as clearly signaled and defined, Russia had two choices: one of them was to fade from history and become a nation whose destiny is not in its hands. They chose the other. Any other nation with a clearly defined sense of self would have done the same; I would say, should have done the same.

Russia's actions seem inexplicable only to those who can't admit that a nation can have a very strong sense of its own identity, and a very clear determination to preserve it. Especially in EU countries, which have since long ago ceded sovereignty and control to supranational bodies, the idea that a nation could have clearly defined existential red lines is difficult to grasp, let alone approve of.
    Putin clear warnings and Russia's obvious and reasonable demands were ignored because, for a lot of people, a nation allowing its own sense of self and its own identity to be eroded is now the normal state of affairs. Simply, they could not believe that a nation would actually be willing to fight over some perceived (and clearly signaled) existential threat.

So, what these people are left with now, to try to make sense of the situation, is to resort to easy to understand categories, like madness.

IPB
    Post of the week, IPB. Contact Bre for your T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I don’t see any obvious ways that it would taint blood. It’s shitty for a lot of reasons but the mRNA goes into cells fairly quickly which produce spikes. It doesn’t seem plausible that it would survive the blood donation process and re continue once it’s given to you. I believe the blood is treated by centrifuge at least to get the rbc/haematocrit out for donation. I don’t think there’s any cells in your blood that are capable of being infected by the mrna and going on to produce spike. Everything in your blood is produced by something else. But don’t ask me I don’t know shit about blood donation processes or cell biology.
    If you donate plasma, it is spun down, but not whole blood, because if you spin it down it's not whole blood.

Let me guess, your gold was “lost in a boating accident”
    "What gold?"

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    I’m totally amazed at the pro Putin sentiment the man is a vicious sociopath that murders anyone in his path. That’s fact not my opinion, and a modicum of research on anyones part would enlighten the doubters.

Forget the government of Ukraine every government is corrupt including ours.

That’s no excuse for murdering the civilians that happen to live under that government.
    One more time: How many civilians has he killed? And while we're asking, how many did we kill in Iraq and Afghanistan? Do you actually believe this is a Marvel Comics movie? That there is only one side of this conflict that has the blessing of The Lord Jesus Christ? I'm no more a supporter of Putin than I am of Nancy Pelosi. But the facts never stop on one side of a conflict. You know very well that our media lie to us with near 100% completeness, that we don't know anything about what is happening over there, that our government is corrupt, that our elections are corrupt, that our political and military leadership is composed of psychopaths, and that it would be almost impossible for Russia's situation to be any worse, because they don't have as much money to throw at it as we do. You're old enough to know this, even if it makes you uncomfortable.

I found the Covid information on this thread informative and useful ( and another perfect example of very corrupt governments) and appreciate your efforts.

But this excusing Putin is sick.
    Here's an uncomfortable question: Right this minute, and all things considered, who would you rather have as your President -- Biden or Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why have the Russians not killed thousands of Ukrainians? Or are you saying that they have?
    Perhaps they have, but they certainly will as their shelling becomes more indiscriminate by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by rkjohns1 View Post
    Perhaps they have, but they certainly will as their shelling becomes more indiscriminate by the day.
    How many, you goddamn idiot? 200? 20,000? 2 million? The NUMBER. Just guess, since you really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Calling someone a madman seems to me a very poor tool to examine a complex situation, although it's very convenient, it removes the need to think beyond stereotypes. For a very long time, Russia has repeatedly and consistently made clear what its demands were; as in, which issues Russia considered to be of existential importance.
    First: security
    Second: protection for Russian minorities.

In the last 30 years, both these demands have been ignored by the West; Russia's security has been undermined by NATO expansion towards the East, and Russian minorities have seen their status eroded in places like the Baltic republics and, of tragically so, in Ukraine.

Faced with increasing threats to its own existence, as clearly signaled and defined, Russia had two choices: one of them was to fade from history and become a nation whose destiny is not in its hands. They chose the other. Any other nation with a clearly defined sense of self would have done the same; I would say, should have done the same.

Russia's actions seem inexplicable only to those who can't admit that a nation can have a very strong sense of its own identity, and a very clear determination to preserve it. Especially in EU countries, which have since long ago ceded sovereignty and control to supranational bodies, the idea that a nation could have clearly defined existential red lines is difficult to grasp, let alone approve of.
    Putin clear warnings and Russia's obvious and reasonable demands were ignored because, for a lot of people, a nation allowing its own sense of self and its own identity to be eroded is now the normal state of affairs. Simply, they could not believe that a nation would actually be willing to fight over some perceived (and clearly signaled) existential threat.

So, what these people are left with now, to try to make sense of the situation, is to resort to easy to understand categories, like madness.

IPB
    I agree with Rip; this is damned good, IPB.

Those without a culture are the first to decry those that have one.

From Jason Bassler:

The US has dropped at least 337,000 bombs in the past 20 years, and has bombed:
    Syria for 5 years
    Yemen for 7 years
    Somalia for 15 years
    Iraq for 16 years
    Pakistan for 18 years
    Afghanistan for 21 years

But now you care about Ukraine? Exactly when the media tells you to?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How many, you goddamn idiot? 200? 20,000? 2 million? The NUMBER. Just guess, since you really don't know.
    I was referencing the thousands you mentioned, you goddamn idiot.