starting strength gym
Page 2009 of 3005 FirstFirst ... 10091509190919591999200720082009201020112019205921092509 ... LastLast
Results 20,081 to 20,090 of 30044

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Wouldn't be my first time walking right into it. Good point.

If it were about covid, wouldn't his bad news flow freely from his mouth...maybe even gleefully? What I saw was not acting, and that's why I thought it could be about the vaccine. He is shaken. He was uncomfortable spilling the beans.

Plausible deniability. I would be shocked if he said anything else. BUT, Trump stands to benefit greatly from it while focusing on Biden's failure. Don't forget...the DC elite impeached Trump because he started poking around Ukraine. Remember Adam Schiff reciting his mobster script about Trump's phone call with Ukraine? I have never seen such desperation.

Apparently, Ukraine is a sore spot for the DC elite. Perhaps we'll learn why someday....soon.

We learned from the Cuban missile crisis that back-channels are important. Hopefully, back-channels will again steer us clear of World War.
    I can go with this. The Obama camp has been itching to go to war with Russia for a long time, which is probably one of the reasons that the Trump part of the US establishment pulled every string to put Trump in charge.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    hello,

Short answer: it depends on whether Baja California was a recognised autonomous republic within Mexico; and maybe, if they held a referendum to become part of the USA, again as an autonomous republic. Reference is to the 1991, 1994 and 2014 Crimea referendums.

Longer answer, in two parts, none of them decisive (because this stuff, as I said, it's not black and white).

Crimea recognised itself as an autonomous republic within the state of Ukraine. Now, the question is, what happened in 2014? If Maidan was a revolution, then by definition what emerged from it was a different state entity, different from the old one. As such, any allegiance Crimea gave to the old state could be considered void, and Crimea had the right to decide whether to give allegiance to the new state entity, or not. If Maidan was instead simply a coup, Crimea's case would be weaker; on the other hand, anyone who supported the coup (i.e. the whole whole West), instead of working for reinstating the legitimate government, would find themsleves in a very precarious moral position.

Crimea was not annexed; it used its power as autonomous Republic to ask, via a referendum, to become part of Russia, again as an autonomous Republic. I have no idea how legal this is; it seems to me that it must be at least as legal as what happened in Kosovo (actually, more; Kosovo never held a referendum, although its result would have been a foregone conclusion). So, my answer to your question would be that if you consider what happened in Kosovo legal/ok/fair, then you would have to give Crimea a pass. Note: the similarity between Kosovo and Crimea is not the annexation part, but the carving out; once detached, each is free to pursue its own destiny. Crimea decided to return to Russia, Kosovo might well decide to ask for annexation to Albania at some point in the future)

Bottom line; what happened in Crimea could be considered a violent, possibly illegal reaction to a violent, and certainly illegal action. I don't think you can judge one but not the other, I don't think you can consider the incident apart from the precedent. I think it's certainly possible to argue that a coup/revolution changes the nature of a State, and in particular makes void all the agreements and conventions that existed between the various parts and bodies of the State before the revolution/coup took place. Hence, it would be logical for some of those agreements/conventions to be renegotiated, or reneged.

All of the above imho opinion of course.

IPB
    I agree, this isn't black and white, and trying to draw out an answer over a hypothetical situation (USA/Mexico) is pointless. As was my response.

The Crimean "referendum" you reference took place after Russian armed forces had captured strategic sites across Crimea, took over Crimea's parliament, and inserted a pro-Russian Prime Minister. You say these actions are possibly illegal? This was annexation, pure and simple (imho).

Back in the 80s I had a course in nuclear engineering. One of the things we studied was nuclear weapons capability, although the course focus was power generation.

The Soviet Union had a 100 Megaton ballistic nuclear missile back then. That's 10,000 times the destructive force of the nukes used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Think about that for a moment.

I wonder what kind of shit they have now?

One can try and defy globalism, it will fail. The “conspiracy” aka The People want it more than they want nationalism. Putin just strengthened NATO and the argument for globalism to the masses. He actually just put it in hyperdrive.

Gov. Ron DeSantis is chairing an epic Zoom meeting right now with Dr. Robert Malone, Geert Vanden Bossche, and others called “The Curtain Close on COVID Theater”
    The Curtain Close on COVID Theater - CHD TV: Livestreaming Video & Audio

Florida to recommend healthy kids not get COVID-19 vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    A world war against China, Russia and their partners.
    The more I let this stew, the more it disgusts me. It's no wonder you try to dissolve all tangible accountability of the Western elite in your PC acid. You're going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The more I let this stew, the more it disgusts me. It's no wonder you try to dissolve all tangible accountability of the Western elite in your PC acid. You're going to lose.
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    How come you guys ask questions you know all the answers to?

What's the answer that I already know? Which question of mine are you even referring to? Are you proposing here that on weightlifting, COVID, and now the Russian military operation, our minds have already been made up, and there's no point in debating with us - is that your point?

I do not engage in the rhetorical practice of asking questions I already know your answer to, but to humor your tactic, here I go:
    Why do you deflect from answering questions about your stated position that you are uncomfortable discussing, even though you know the answer to them?

This is fun. Couldn't you just tell us WHY the war with Russia and China is preferable to the war against the masterminds of COVID and PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Donald Trump denounces 'globalism' in nationalist address to UN - 09/2019

'The future does not belong to globalists'
    Trump told world leaders that globalism had “exerted a religious pull over past leaders causing them to ignore their own national interests.”

Why do you think Trump was hated by all the globalist controlled media, NGOs, and corporations? Was it really his Tweets, hair, orange skin and small hands they hate?

I agree, Putin's move on Ukraine could not happen under Trump. Trump would be impeached if he allowed it. The cleanup must happen right now while Trump is on the sidelines tossing insults at Biden. Ukraine is a globalist cesspool of corruption. Trump showed us the US politicians launder money there. It can only be cleaned up by military action, and the US cannot do it because it is captured by the same globalist cesspool.
    I concede your point, I did suspect there was a larger plan for the Ukraine, and the Trump-Putin connection might have something to do with it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

This is fun. Couldn't you just tell us WHY the war with Russia and China is preferable to the war against the masterminds of COVID and PC?
    Agreed it’s fun.

I’ll answer the original question:

“Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma
    . Which war would you rather be a part of? A World War against China, Russia and their partners? Or, a war with China, Russia, etc against "the Globalists"?

Given ONLY those two options I easily chose a war against China, Russia, and their partners.

My reasoning mostly hinges on my view of communism, totalitarianism, and freedom as an inalienable right. Secondarily, is the poorly defined concept of “globalism”. I do not deny it exists just that it’s vague as far as theories go.

So given only these two choices, I will fight known organized evil over possible distributed evil. However, this choice begs the need for many more solutions to consider.