starting strength gym
Page 2029 of 3025 FirstFirst ... 10291529192919792019202720282029203020312039207921292529 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,290 of 30244

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As far as these pieces of shit are concerned, WWIII is better than not being reelected.
    100%.

Take the time to read this very important overview of the situation.
    It is amazing that we make a list of resources that are exempt from sanctions (because those are the things we can’t survive without).

This begs the age old question: Are we that stupid? Or that sinister? I don’t see how it could be both, but I suppose it could.

The Bottle Rockets have made this simple to understand with these lyrics…

He's buildin' Chrysler's
    He don't care how they turn out
    Thinks being union means he's here to stay
    He's buildin' Chryslers
    Tryin' not to burn out
    Doing airbag installation all day
    He got the bass boat
    He got the new house
    He got a wife and a kid on the way
    He's buildin' Chryslers
    He's got bills to pay
    He's buildin' Chrysler's
    Drivin' a Toyota
    Cause he knows lots of guys on the line
    He knows they don't care as much about quality control
    As they care about their overtime
    He got the bass boat
    He got the new house
    He got the wife and a kid on the way
    He's buildin' Chrysler's
    He's got bills to pay
    He's buildin' Chrysler's
    Thinkin' 'bout what did he bring
    For his lunch break
    He's buildin' Chrysler's
    Thinkin' 'bout everything but his last mistake
    He got the bass boat
    He got the new house
    He got a wife and a kid on the way
    He's buildin' Chrysler's
    He's got bills to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Are we that stupid?
    "We" actually made a list of strategically important commodities that are exempt from Russian embargo -- shit we need so bad that we'll continue to buy it from the most evil country on earth. Shit that they would NEVER even consider not selling to us, since we need it so bad. A list of shit we can't get along without. Hopefully a list of shit that Hunter Biden is not involved in, but probably is.

We are that stupid.

As far as these pieces of shit are concerned, WWIII is better than not being reelected.
    Ron Unz has a similar opinion. “I would always prefer reading something disturbing than something dull.”

This might be premature since Covid is "over" but what artifacts of the panic do people think will remain?

Government being slow to respond to crises and then overreacting after the fact is nothing new. The last moral panic on this magnitude was the war on terror, it might be over but the TSA still exists and makes you take your shoes off to go through the airport.

In Australia at least most of the horseshit that has been handed down has been done by the states not the federal government. (For those unaware our federal government has essentially hand wrung while saying how awful it all is while doing nothing to stop any of it.) Each state has individually operated on emergency powers for 2 years+. My state is first up for state elections and covid appears to be a non issue in it, the two parties spend most of their time focusing on ambulance ramping and the health system. I really can't see anything changing unless my State has a universal rejection of both major parties. The opposition party will almost certainly form government due to preferences, but if 1st preference votes flow to minor parties in record numbers, that's the only feasible way of "something" happening in the near future that's a step in the right direction. If not (which knowing my state is the most likely option), our police chief and chief medical officer who have been running the state for the past 2 years will keep their jobs and continue on. And some form of the emergency powers will be codified as permanent, and that'll follow through to the rest of the country and world.

If i were a betting man I'd say the infrastructure of "signing in" to places will become the new normal as that's the most useful to governments. Having citizens have to fulfill criteria to obtain their green tick is far too close to a Chinese social credit score to be let go by government. And in my country at least we have gleefully lapped up that slop so we must want it.
    I also agree with Dr. Malone, you will hear medical bureaucrats and doctors on television saying "No-one forced you to take this vaccine" as careers are made in post covid vax treatments as Pfizer will be thrown under the bus, issued a record fine to go with their other record fines and continue on as normal ready for the next pandemic.

We are that stupid.
    Yes "we" are. Check out the Salty Cracker ReeStream live now, it's a good one.

This situation will get out of control, it will get out of control, and we'll be lucky to live through it:

Nelly Korda at home recovering from blood clot in her arm | Golf Channel

Absolutely nothing to see here...

If this doesn't move you, the cynicism has taken over completely: ‘Candy Bomber’ of Berlin blockade, Gail Halvorsen, dies at 101 | Stars and Stripes

On Halvorsen's first flight into Berlin's Tempelhof Air Base, he delivered 20,000 pounds of flour while taking careful note of the war-torn city.

"It looked like a moonscape," he recalled in an interview with Military History magazine. "I wondered how 2 million people could live in a place so totally devastated."

It was an additional, self-assigned mission that made Halvorsen famous.

On a day his plane was being repaired, he took a transport flight to Berlin so he could shoot some footage with his movie camera. After landing at Tempelhof, he walked over to a group of about 30 German children who were watching all the activity through a fence.

Halvorsen was disheartened to have only two sticks of gum to share with them, he recalled.

"They came right up to the barbed wire and spoke to me in English," he said. "Those kids were giving me a lecture, telling me, 'Don't give up on us. If we lose our freedom, we'll never get it back.' American-style freedom was their dream."

Their words left a mark on Halvorsen, as did the way they meticulously divided and shared two sticks of gum he gave them. He vowed to return with enough for all, to be delivered from the air. They’d know the plane was his because he’d wiggle the wings.

Without asking permission, he purchased candy and a handful of handkerchiefs at the Rhein-Main Post Exchange Store, wrote John Provan, an American historian and son of a retired Air Force chief master sergeant.

The next day, he opened the window of his C-54 and began the candy drops.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Gilead, does Kolomoisky's dirt get any coverage by Israeli journos? He spends a lot of time in Tel Aviv and also Switzerland, apparently. Dual-nationality is banned in Ukraine, as with the small Baltic states, but he gets around it by having three, not two, passports!
    In general, our mainstream media is CNN on steroids or sometimes crack. Hence, I rarely follow them closely as I just can not stomach it. They rarely deviate from the global mainstream narrative except for when it comes to Iran and the Palestinians. With regards to those topics, different stations will report on these issues with their spin fitting for their demographic audience.